Page 2 of 3
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:49 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
Ok, Since the image Oliver was referring to wasn't technically a breakdown, here's my sprite:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 pm
by Oliver
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Ok, Since the image Oliver was referring to wasn't technically a breakdown, here's my sprite:
On closer inspection, it looks like his eye turns to stone...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:30 pm
by DefenceLawyer
Just a preliminary question to keep me in the loop, will this prosecutor guy sprite breakdown be a spoiler? I'm yet to play past case 1 of DD, you see...
If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:33 pm
by Oliver
DefenceLawyer wrote:Just a preliminary question to keep me in the loop, will this prosecutor guy sprite breakdown be a spoiler? I'm yet to play past case 1 of DD, you see...
If so, I know to avoid this topic for a little while, you see

...What do you mean?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:38 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
It's not a spoiler, it's just kind of weird and terrifying. Unless of course, the character himself, first appearing in case 2, is a spoiler.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:39 pm
by Oliver
ThatoneJimmy wrote:It's not a spoiler, it's just kind of weird and terrifying.
Jimmy, seriously, confirm this for me...Is his eye turning to stone?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
Well, the original intent was to look like Von Karma's thing, but now that you mention it, it does look like a stone, so sure.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:20 am
by ThatoneJimmy
I'm guessing I'm not allowed to use more than one sprite in the competition, am I right?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:22 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Even If I can't, Here's another sprite
just for the fun of it That I would rather enter (made shorter):
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:25 am
by Oliver
...W-What...? Did Gumshoe just pass out?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:31 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Yeah. Gumshoe says in one of the games that when phoenix points at him, he feels like he may have a heart attack.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:26 am
by SuperAj3
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Even If I can't, Here's anther sprite just for the fun of it:
This is amazing! It's done really well! Nice job!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:16 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
I would like to enter gumshoe, rather than blackquill, would that be ok?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:44 pm
by DefenceLawyer
ThatoneJimmy wrote:I would like to enter gumshoe, rather than blackquill, would that be ok?
This decision gets a thumbs up from me!!
That sprite really is great

I'd prefer the pause to be a lot less, like. It took me five minutes for it to loop haha
Other than that: great work!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 pm
by Oliver
How could you? Stone-EyeQuill is best.
It gets a thumbs up from me, but as DefenceLawyer said, I saw the start, and it took nearly 5 minutes for it to loop
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:04 am
by ThatoneJimmy
ok, I made the pause much, much shorter.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:05 am
by Oliver
That's much better, thanks.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:21 am
by Ropfa
So, we have three entries so far. If anybody else wants to enter, they have one more week, and then I'll start calling for votes.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:09 am
by Hesseldahl
Even if I'm a day late here it is, sorry if isn't animated.
EDIT:Ooops, fixed the link.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:20 am
by SuperAj3
Oh my wow! First off nice design!
2nd of all, WOAH! Very creative!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:27 am
by Oliver
I love it but... Did she just commit suicide? And flowers came out? I have SO many questions!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:29 am
by Ropfa
So, I did say the contest would end yesterday. However, I'm currently out of town, so I won't be able to put together a proper post until I get back. I'd say one or two more days. If anybody's still planning to enter, you have until then.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:10 am
by DefenceLawyer
Glad I decided to check this! Hesseldahl, that is really awesome.
You guys never fail to impress!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:05 pm
by Ropfa
VOTING IS GO!!!
Here are the entrants for this month. Unfortunately, I won't have enough free time to make some snazzy artwork for them. I'll give you two weeks for the voting (so until the beginning of November).
DefenceLawyer

Acro stands up
ThatOneJimmy

Gummy's heart attack
SuperAj3

Maggey's freakout over Gumshoe dying (presumably of a heart attack)
Hesseldahl
Red Flowers
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:11 pm
by Oliver
Can we only vote for one?
I really want to vote on AJ's and Hessel's.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 pm
by SuperAj3
If it's 1 I'm voting for the Gumshoe one! (I see it's actually ThatOneJimmy's so):
ThatOneJimmy
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:15 pm
by Oliver
Actually, I changed my mind, I want to vote for all of them. XD
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:12 pm
by Ropfa
You know, I'm gonna say it's just one. If there were more, I'd go for two, but we only have four entries, and I don't want to make this more complex than it needs to be.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:15 pm
by Oliver
Okay, I'll vote for Hessel's.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:57 pm
by DefenceLawyer
Hesseldahl's sprite is weird and wonderful, but I think I have to go with SuperAJ with this one.
(My two favourite sprite artists head to head! I had to go with one of them!)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:36 am
by ThatoneJimmy
I'd probably go with SuperAJ3's for my vote.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:50 am
by Turnabout Dave
My vote goes to SuperAJ3's entry, partly because of how well made it is, and partly because it is the one I could most realistically see in an actual Ace Attorney game.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 am
by Oliver
Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:01 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.

Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:04 am
by Oliver
It's not Stonequill anymore. 0/10.
Just kidding, I love all of them but y'know? I can only vote for one...
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:43 pm
by Tilemahosbra
Oh gee. Voting time?
Imma vote for Mister AJ.
Which reminds me.
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.

Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪

GEE, THAT'S NOT CREEPY OR ANYTHING.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:14 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Maybe I shouldn't have killed off gumshoe...
Totally not a joke
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:21 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.

Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:26 am
by Oliver
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:Ngh...
I'm not sure whether to change my vote to Aj's or not.
I like both sprites so much.

Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪

Uncle Ray would probably rather hug that... Thing.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Breakdown Bonanza
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:28 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Oliver wrote:ThatoneJimmy wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Aww, and I thought you'd vote for ThatOneJimmy~♪

Uncle Ray would probably rather hug that... Thing.
I
think it's a vampire, though I've never played Touhou, so I wouldn't know. Let's get back on topic though, shall we?