Page 2 of 3
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:43 pm
by HeroMan66475
yes it was extended to the 5th february.
5 more days will not hurt.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:18 pm
by Darth Wiader
I have my favourite entry, but I decided to participate anyway:
Kusuo Saiki from
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga&anime.
Wiki quote (because I'm too tired to write my own description):
Kusuo Saiki is a high school student who was born with all manner of psychic abilities, including telepathy, psychokinesis, teleportation, and more. Despite having all these powers, Saiki faces all kinds of hardships and tries to avoid attention as much as possible.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:38 pm
by HeroMan66475
adding it as we speak
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 pm
by HeroMan66475
two days left until the voting.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 pm
by Darth Wiader
I fixed a typo in my description (I was apparently too tired to write correctly the word "too"

).
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 pm
by SuperAj3
Eyy Saiki! (I think it was you that got me into the anime, Darth! Have you seen season 2 yet?)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 am
by Darth Wiader
Have you seen season 2 yet?
Yeah, I watch it progressively.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:29 am
by Lind
Saiki Kusuo's the tits.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:27 am
by SuperAj3
Lind wrote:Saiki Kusuo's the tits.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
Didn't someone do a character from Diamond is Unbreakable in a past comp? You could look at theirs? (But yeah the shading in Jojo's really detailed, and the anatomy's equally as accentuated)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:56 am
by Lind
SuperAj3 wrote:Lind wrote:Saiki Kusuo's the tits.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
Didn't someone do a character from Diamond is Unbreakable in a past comp? You could look at theirs? (But yeah the shading in Jojo's really detailed, and the anatomy's equally as accentuated)
Can't see one in the OP's contest links, but if that exists I'd love to see it.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 am
by SuperAj3
http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 5&start=17
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 am
by HeroMan66475
I actually attempted to make a prosecutor Kakyoin sprite (that's what helped inspire this contest in the first place alongside Ruby Rose Ace Attorney) but i left it be because it was extremeley difficult to merge klaver's sprite... with Phoenix's suit.
The jojo shading is extremely detailed but you could simply use normal shading for the sprite, we are ace attorney-ising the characters, no?
But anyway, i'm still excited to see the sprite... but today is the final day.
i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:26 pm
by Lind
SuperAj3 wrote:http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31895&start=17
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
Ah, that explains it. Still, it uses more traditionally AA shading, and I'd rather make it look closer to JoJos canon. Some of the AJ sprites have shading more in line with that. Will probably at least finish the Joseph one, made some decent progress on that. Jolyne is my favourite JoJo but the lack of workable female sprite bases makes her far harder to frankensprite.
HeroMan66475 wrote:i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
Thank you. Probably won't take the entire time. I have Thursday and Friday off of work, so I'll definitely get it done one way or another.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 pm
by HeroMan66475
the time limit has been updated.
10 more days has been added.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am
by Darth Wiader
Two days left, Lind. If I don't see Joseph, I'll be greatly disappointed ;).
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm
by Lind
Darth Wiader wrote:Two days left, Lind. If I don't see Joseph, I'll be greatly disappointed ;).
You're not gonna see Joseph. I already established that.
EDIT: Just so we're clear, you're definitely getting
something. Just not Joseph.
EDI2: The core of it is basically done, just needs some finer detail. I'll finish it after work tomorrow since it's already frickin' 2AM here.
Have a teaser. Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:56 am
by Darth Wiader
Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.
The hat reminds me of Heisenberg a bit, but I doubt this is a correct answer.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 pm
by Ropfa
Darth Wiader wrote:Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.
The hat reminds me of Heisenberg a bit, but I doubt this is a correct answer.
I actually think that might be it.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 am
by Lind
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:07 am
by Darth Wiader
Yeah, Mr. White! I was right after all. Don't forget to add the mugshot and info about where he comes from to meet the conditions set by OP.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 am
by SuperAj3
“The zero gravity’s the only thing stopping the cancer from eating me alive~”
(oh wait, wrong reference)
Awesome sprite!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am
by Southern Corn
Sweet! Is that Deid Mann's moustache I see?
Anyway, we can finally start voting now, which I'm relieved about.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:27 pm
by Lind
Darth Wiader wrote:Yeah, Mr. White! I was right after all. Don't forget to add the mugshot and info about where he comes from to meet the conditions set by OP.
Oh, shit. I don't have access to a computer for 7 hours.
EDIT: Okay done
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:05 am
by HeroMan66475
Okay it's voting time.
Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
Just post the mugshot of whom you want to vote for.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 am
by Southern Corn
I mean…
Who wouldn't, right?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 am
by Blizdi
Literally can't not choose this one
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:51 am
by Ropfa
Not gonna vote, since I'm participating, but I just wanted to say good job to everyone else in here. These are all definitely well put-together sprites. I'm impressed.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:26 am
by Darth Wiader
But why isn't Mr. White in the OP???
I've had my favourite, but now I must think it over. The choice is agonizing. Everyone's did great.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 am
by Lind
HeroMan66475 wrote:Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
...But I already did.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 pm
by HeroMan66475
Mr White has been added to the OP.
[quote=Ropfa]Not gonna vote, since I'm participating.[/quote]
You can still vote for the other participants though...
just not yourself.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:30 pm
by SuperAj3
Wait voting started? (Maybe update the title of the thread so more people know)
Anywho, here's my vote!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:46 am
by Darth Wiader
After a tough struggle, my vote goes to...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:59 am
by Ropfa
SuperAj3 wrote:(Maybe update the title of the thread so more people know)
^ What he said
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:13 am
by Lind
OK so honestly
every single sprite is great. After much deliberation...
Ironically my least favourite character portrayed here, but I adore that spritework.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:29 am
by HeroMan66475
title change to let people now voting has started.
also:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:39 am
by Southern Corn
So when does voting end?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 pm
by HeroMan66475
When enough people have voted
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:44 pm
by Southern Corn
So how much is enough people?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:26 pm
by SuperAj3
Voting should normally take about 2 weeks, so I'm gonna guess by March 2nd, "enough" people have voted XD
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:11 pm
by Lind
You should really set a finite date. It's be easy to force a desired outcome if one isn't set - you'd just need to time it so your choice has a lead (assuming it ever gains one, still too early to tell if there's a clear winner here).