The second character that bothered me was Mila. I thought she was too much of the classic mysterious girl. There was nothing new in her, in a sense. The whole
Most annoying/hated character?
-
Dark Maylee
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:35 am
- Custom Title: LOLWHUT.
- Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
While I didn't hate anyone, there were two people who bothered me a little. The first is Martin Summers. Even in the end, I couldn't forgive him for what he did. I felt absolutely no connection with him. I even felt sorry for Jeff even though he was such a brat. The thing about Jeff is that he's still immature and still a child so even though his mistakes were stupid, I didn't mind his character.
The second character that bothered me was Mila. I thought she was too much of the classic mysterious girl. There was nothing new in her, in a sense. The whole was mildly disturbing. She still had the mind of a 9 year old child!
The second character that bothered me was Mila. I thought she was too much of the classic mysterious girl. There was nothing new in her, in a sense. The whole
Spoiler:
"Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers." - Stephen Fry.
- pigeonoodle
- Suspect

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 pm
- Location: North
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Jeff. Hands down DX he almost got me into like 3 game overs
Spoiler:
-
Blobulator
- Suspect

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:09 am
- Custom Title: Zvarri!
- Location: NSW, Australia
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
I'd have to say Jeff. They pretty much revealed everything about him too early on and then he doesn't pop up at all until the final goodbyes. Just seemed a bit pointless. That, and he was so damn whiney.
-
Kefka Palazzo
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Hrmm... That would be Jeff or Kevin, I guess.
Summer was annoying, but I loved Hyde's sarcastic comments about him.
Summer was annoying, but I loved Hyde's sarcastic comments about him.
-
Sunshine.Malon
- Suspect

- Posts: 16
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:18 pm
- Custom Title: Hai XD
- Location: Dublin, Virginia
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Summer got on my nerves a lot , But it's a tie between him and Jeff .
- lover of AA
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm
- Custom Title: cough-up-queen
- Location: in shubiya ^-^
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
i'd say without thinking M E L I S S A she is sooooooooooooooooooo annoying 

and so are for reeking of that awful smell !!!
-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
I hated Melissa at the beginning. I loved her at the end of ... I dunno, chapter 3. Summer is very annoying, but that's what's so fun about him - he's this game's Oldbag. He trolled us all until the very end. Yup, that's right. The other characters' comments about him are hilarious, too - especially Hyde's.
I'd still say Jeff. I got many Game Overs thanks to him, and I hate whiners like that. His backstory didn't have much to do with the game's plot either.
I'd still say Jeff. I got many Game Overs thanks to him, and I hate whiners like that. His backstory didn't have much to do with the game's plot either.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Tuxy
- Suspect

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:12 pm
- Location: Austria
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
I HATE DUNNING! He's fat, he's stupid and he bought a hotel!
- ilyedgey
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:32 am
- Custom Title: Thats a stepladder...
- Location: Dorset, England
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Martin Summer... now thats a guy with problems..I felt dizzy after talking to him
Dunning annoyed me..at times...
But I love them all really!
Dunning annoyed me..at times...
But I love them all really!

-
ashogo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Every character I hated at one point I could empathize with by the end of the game, which is one of the great points of Hotel dusk; it's exploration of every character's motives (though that could also be considered a negative, since it serves as a dragnet for the main plot).
I still think that Summers is a selfish bastard, but at least he's repenting.
I still think that Summers is a selfish bastard, but at least he's repenting.
-
VictorEdgeworth
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 394
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION! BOTH ATTORNEYS ARE AWESOME!
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
MelissaxJeff.
Two whiny, selfish brats. Match made in heaven if you forget about the pedophilia thing.
Also, Louis was an idiot until he got a surprising amount of character development when the bar opened.
In response to all the Summer hate, I like him. I find his story rather interesting, though I admit he's a greedy dickhead for what he did.
Two whiny, selfish brats. Match made in heaven if you forget about the pedophilia thing.
Also, Louis was an idiot until he got a surprising amount of character development when the bar opened.
In response to all the Summer hate, I like him. I find his story rather interesting, though I admit he's a greedy dickhead for what he did.
-
Capybara
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 662
- Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
- Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
- Location: There.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
TuxGamer wrote:I HATE DUNNING! He's fat, he's stupid and he bought a hotel!
Damn hotel owners.
I might be alone in hating Racheal. She irked me a lot. I was like: "OK, let's go find some stuff out!" and then Racheal calls, says something useless and spends five minutes doing it. Anyone notice she once called to tell you nothing? *Can't remember exactly when*
I would pray it wasn't Racheal when I answered the phone. Pray.
Also this is a major bump.
-
Meowbjection
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
- Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
- Location: Over the Rainbow
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag!
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag!


LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->

-
Capybara
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 662
- Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
- Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
- Location: There.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Meowbjection wrote:hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia![]()
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag!
Wrong section?
-
Meowbjection
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
- Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
- Location: Over the Rainbow
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Capybara wrote:Meowbjection wrote:hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia![]()
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag!
Wrong section?Who's Canada?
you know, Canada? country.
the flag

RED and WHITE


LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->

-
Capybara
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 662
- Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
- Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
- Location: There.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Meowbjection wrote:Capybara wrote:Meowbjection wrote:hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia![]()
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag!
Wrong section?Who's Canada?
you know, Canada? country.
the flag
RED and WHITE
... Ummm... Who?
-
Meowbjection
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
- Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
- Location: Over the Rainbow
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
... Ummm... Who?[/quote]
Oh, I thought you were talking about the flag
Oh, I thought you were talking about the flag
Spoiler:

LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->

-
Capybara
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 662
- Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
- Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
- Location: There.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Meowbjection wrote:Oh, I thought you were talking about the flag
Spoiler:
I thought you would've got the reference with the Hetalia signature and all.
And this is in the wrong section. This isn't for Phoenix Wright discussion.
-
Meowbjection
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
- Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
- Location: Over the Rainbow
-
FlameInferno
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 778
- Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 am
- Custom Title: This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice
- Location: Up North
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Jeff...man, I absolutely hated that guy! There were so many times I wanted to punch him in the face!
-
rydus65
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm
- Custom Title: Just a random passerby
- Location: Hyrule
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Jeff Angel. He broke into Kyle's room and hid his cash in his toilet. Then he had the nerve to say he wasn't trying to frame him. Yeah right.
Kevin Woodworth- "Dad of the year" indeed. What a Jerk.
Martin Summer- Dude just got on my nerves after awhile.
Kevin Woodworth- "Dad of the year" indeed. What a Jerk.
Martin Summer- Dude just got on my nerves after awhile.
-
blinq
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2792
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm
- Custom Title: lol boobs.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
MARTIN SUMMER
Gosh he just didn't shut the fuck up!
I had the feeling he was the character you had the most conversations with
seriously what.the.fuck.
Gosh he just didn't shut the fuck up!
I had the feeling he was the character you had the most conversations with
Spoiler: just in case
seriously what.the.fuck.

-
ObjectionEarthbound
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm
- Custom Title: derp
- Location: behind you
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
1- Kevin Woodward
2-Iris
3-Summer
4-Jeff
Kevin was an ass I swear.
Iris was being all princessy which kinda pissed me off but at least she was better when she talked about
Summer was just annoying.
Jeff was a punk. "Nuff said.
2-Iris
3-Summer
4-Jeff
Kevin was an ass I swear.
Spoiler:
Iris was being all princessy which kinda pissed me off but at least she was better when she talked about
Spoiler:
Summer was just annoying.
Jeff was a punk. "Nuff said.
-
ObjectionEarthbound
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm
- Custom Title: derp
- Location: behind you
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
MLE wrote:Jeff. Hands down DX he almost got me into like 3 game oversSpoiler:
Yeah, he was a punk. I was really really happy when he confessed.
BTW I like your sig
I just love TWEWY- shadowofedgeworth
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am
- Custom Title: Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Iris really got on my nerves with her whole "Ooh, I'm the princess, if everything doesn't go my way I'll complain about it!" attitude, so I didn't even care whenever she tried flirting with Kyle.
Jeff was quite obnoxious too, but I warmed up to him by the end. In fact, I liked all the characters pretty well by the end of the game, as others have said.
Jeff was quite obnoxious too, but I warmed up to him by the end. In fact, I liked all the characters pretty well by the end of the game, as others have said.

Totally not my sig...
-
PhoenixFan1986
- Suspect

- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:55 am
- Custom Title: Ace Attorney
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Martin Summer. Yeesh that guy was annoying! He talked for like 20 minutes about that stupid package to Kyle when all they had to do was switch packages! I was like, "Good Lord, shut up and just give him the dang package!!!" But I have to admit, if he wasn't in the game, we'd have missed out on all the funny stuff Kyle had to say about him.
-
RenaDeles
- Suspect

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:30 am
- Custom Title: Powers and Kyouya fangirl #69
- Location: From the Hartland
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Iris at first set of HECKNO bells for me at first, I totaaally had her penned wrong so er, I did not mind being rude to her while I felt bad for being a jerk to a little girl. I thought she would be some sleezy reporter, but I really liked her by the time we actually got to know her.
Having finished the game, Summer is my least favorite, didn't hate him but I wasn't that fond of him. Oh, wait! I can totally hate on Mila's dad and Jeff's dad, they both seemed like sleezeballs. Grace had reason if she did the wrong thing, Robert on the other hand stared into the heart of darkness then decided to elope with it >>
Having finished the game, Summer is my least favorite, didn't hate him but I wasn't that fond of him. Oh, wait! I can totally hate on Mila's dad and Jeff's dad, they both seemed like sleezeballs. Grace had reason if she did the wrong thing, Robert on the other hand stared into the heart of darkness then decided to elope with it >>
Why yes, my fandom does has eight year olds who support BDSM
-
HolyShogunate
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 pm
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Mila. 'Nough said.
She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.
S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.
She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.
S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.
-
Midnight Jasper
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 846
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
- Location: The Land of Layton
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
HolyShogunate wrote:Mila. 'Nough said.
She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.
S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.
I agree with you, but wait what? Bradley knew that Mila wasn't his sister...


-
Dylia
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 718
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am
- Custom Title: Wherever you go, I will be there.
- Location: Tachibana Dynasty, Koga
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Kyle Hyd-- *shot*

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese
-
HolyShogunate
- Suspect

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 pm
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Midnight Jasper wrote:HolyShogunate wrote:Mila. 'Nough said.
She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.
S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.
I agree with you, but wait what? Bradley knew that Mila wasn't his sister...
Yeah, but that ho is shacked up wit his man, yo. He gonna be, like, hella mad, ya dig?!
-
Essa_L_M.E
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 905
- Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 am
- Custom Title: What the Devil is going on here?
- Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Definetly Martin, but there was one line with him in the whole game the made me laugh. The bit where he's in the bathroom.
Kyle: Got a minute?
Martin: M-Mr HYDE! Have you no decency? I'm in the Bathroom!!
And I didnt like Louis at the beginning. I loved him by the end though. He really steped up to the bar.
Kyle: Got a minute?
Martin: M-Mr HYDE! Have you no decency? I'm in the Bathroom!!
And I didnt like Louis at the beginning. I loved him by the end though. He really steped up to the bar.
~
-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
^ Kyle's snarky comments about Summer made me lol.
Spoiler: examples
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Pandonetho
- Suspect

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Who?
He means Dr. wood Word.
was mildly disturbing. She still had the mind of a 9 year old child!
I think you're reading into it wrong. I couldn't see any relationship forming out of it. Not any romantic ones anyway. She's 19, he's like what, 33? I would see him more as a fatherly figure, although he would be reluctant to admit it himself.
with his $200 cash "loss"
It was actually $20 000.
As for my least favourite, I would have to say Martin Summer. That guy was just an annoying talker lol.

-
Menno
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 112
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Save poor Gumshoe!
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Martin Summmer, talks to much, especially about the package.
-
italliansounds
- Suspect

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 am
- Custom Title: Total trip man.
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
I love Jeff, he seems so hated. D:
On topic:
Probably Summer. He talks SOOO much. BUT, I don't hate or dislike any character.
I do like Dunning, but if were talking most annoying people in the game because of what they do, DUNNING.
On topic:
Probably Summer. He talks SOOO much. BUT, I don't hate or dislike any character.
I do like Dunning, but if were talking most annoying people in the game because of what they do, DUNNING.
Spoiler:
I love me some Jeff Damon. 8D


-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
italliansounds wrote:I love Jeff, he seems so hated. D:
On topic:
Probably Summer. He talks SOOO much. BUT, I don't hate or dislike any character.
I do like Dunning, but if were talking most annoying people in the game because of what they do, DUNNING.Spoiler:
Spoiler: Chapter 10 spoilers
Last edited by Marche Tobaye on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Javadoze
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 374
- Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am
- Location: Under your nose
- Contact:
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Obviously Jeff takes the cake and eats it for the most annoying character, just because the fact that he has the nerve to stand at his doorway while you don't notice him and walk into room 217 at the beginning of Chapter 4 you get a game over.
And that confrontation was TEH PA1NZ!
WAAAAAH THAT ISN'T MAH MONEHS!
*WIMPERZ* GETZ THAT GUN AWAY FROM MEEEEEE! *EMO EMO*
MY NAME IS DAMON YOU HEAR DA*cough*ANGEL! YEAH MY NAME IS ANGEL, NOT DAMON!
And that confrontation was TEH PA1NZ!
WAAAAAH THAT ISN'T MAH MONEHS!
*WIMPERZ* GETZ THAT GUN AWAY FROM MEEEEEE! *EMO EMO*
MY NAME IS DAMON YOU HEAR DA*cough*ANGEL! YEAH MY NAME IS ANGEL, NOT DAMON!

Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
-
Vaati
- Suspect

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 am
- Custom Title: Derp
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Louie and Jeff.
Louie reminded me of Larry (PH) at the very start of the game. I started to like him at the ending of the game.
Jeff. At first i liked him, then i heard your story and i was like "gtfo this hotel you crybaby D:<"
Louie reminded me of Larry (PH) at the very start of the game. I started to like him at the ending of the game.
Jeff. At first i liked him, then i heard your story and i was like "gtfo this hotel you crybaby D:<"
-
Mr. Bear Jew
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4353
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
- Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
- Location: Norcal
Re: Most annoying/hated character?
Three years later and Summer still grinds my gears the most, although it's less because of his actions and more because of his loquaciousness and liberal use of fancy rhetoric and vocabulary to inflate his speech and sound more intellectual than he is.




