Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:15 am
by Billiards Koopa
Xero Wright wrote:I STILL can't get over that mistake. WHEN HE WAS IN A CHILD?
Are you saying that because it is unusual, it can't exsist>
You dare to paraphrase my sayings, Trite?
When one eliminates the impossible, what remains must be the truth! It is fully possible...
...
THAT THE JUDGE has a DEFECT IN ONE OR BOTH ears and therefore, be part-deaf!
True story guys. Story of my life.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:11 pm
by Wrestlemania
Actually, in JFA, one of the things The Judge says is that he has a hearing aid!
Canon Fact, Mi Amigos!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:44 am
by Sh1n1 ZE FIER
Spoiler: 3-2
When reaching into Atmey's bag before the trial...
: Well, what's inside it? : I'm not sure, but it's round. And it's really smooth and hard.
Has this not been posted yet? I swear to God, I fell off the bed laughing. Lord, Phoenix, take your hands out of the bag, wash them, and leave. And whatever you do, don't think about what it is or where it's been.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:41 pm
by Wrestlemania
Be glad he didn't say "It's really big" too!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:27 am
by Dark Maylee
Maya: Umm would you mind taking a look at this? Basil: I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected. Maya: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness! Phoenix: No, Maya, that is SPARDA.
ENOUGH SAID.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:56 am
by Wrestlemania
In the name of love, a man will soil himself silly!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:39 am
by grim_tales
The "Sir William will be dropping his panties in the morning" line by Luke Atmey is brilliant :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:46 pm
by Iban
Spoiler: Case 3-5
larry: I saw her fly over the burning bridge and this picture proves it! *Presents painting* Are...! You..! High! The girl is really high in this picture!
:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 pm
by BigFish
My specially made monocle is worth more than a thousand Detective Gumshoes.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:29 pm
by Wrestlemania
Found one the the earliest, (and missed) lines in the game!
The only thing “peculiar” in this courtroom… is on top of your head. Nick! Are you going to let him get away with making fun of your hair!? (Yes… At least until I know he can’t use his goggles to fry me or something…)
It's made if you DON'T point out the Broach when the security picture first shows up.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:42 pm
by PrincessRosella
Cheeseweasel wrote:I'm a bit miffed they didn't play on the name 'Luke Atmey'. However, the following dialogue (Ace Assistant, Ace Apprentice) was slightly funny.
Luke Atmey= Look at me, because he's an attention slut.
also, my favorite quote is:
Spoiler:
Franziska: Fool! My beauty cannot be captured by a mere crayon!
...or something to that extent.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:37 pm
by grim_tales
The "When you were a child, this was what was written on your report card" quotes and everyone saying "H...how did you?!" are hilarious :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 am
by DefenseNeverRests
*Talking about Eagle Mountain*
There are plenty of mountains closer. Well, I went there once on a trip with a college Hiking Club. I fell in love with its stark, desolate beauty and its cold, yet romantic, gloominess... (Didn't know you were such a goth...)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:21 am
by Wrestlemania
3-4:
If you present that evidence, it would be like… Like jumping off a 100-story building into a bubbling pool of magma. …after tying a 10-ton boulder around your neck. What is THAT supposed to mean? To put it simply… It would be suicide.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:34 pm
by Angel-chan
Some of my favourite quotes of all time in PW3:
Edgeworth: ARE...!
Franziska: YOU...!
Judge's brother: HIGH! She's really high up there!
***
Phoenix: ...Um, the rest of the court doesn't speak Coffeenese.
***
Edgeworth: (This must be what Wright was telling me about! A Psycholock!)
***
Okay, I think these are mostly paraphrased, but either way, that's what I remember so far. I'll play the games through again to see if there are anymore.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:42 pm
by Wrestlemania
Shivering in the cold, you are closing your eyes to the truth…
Also...
If you’re in jail, you don’t have to pay for your own meals, you know. …*gasp!* … Don’t get any funny ideas, Detective…! …Too late, I already did.
Poor Gumshoe.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 pm
by BigFish
:edgeworth: If you’re in jail, you don’t have to pay for your own meals, you know. …*gasp!* … Don’t get any funny ideas, Detective…! …Too late, I already did.
When's that?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:41 pm
by Wrestlemania
Alright, this is actually missed by a lot of people but...
In 3-5, as Edgeworth, talk to Iris at the detention centre. Then, leave. You'll encounter Gumshoe. IMMEDIATELY go back to the detention centre, and you'll get the line.
You can ALSO get the line as long as you don't gather ALL evidence, or make Larry's Psyche-Lock apparant. If you make everything happen, Iris will be back at the centre for the rest of the investigation period.
And I have more!!! (LOOOOADS MORE!!!)
But this is my most recently "found" one:
You really ought to think about buying one of the charms we sell here, Mr. Wright. Huh? Otherwise... (angry) You just might find yourself jumped on by a little old lady on a dark mountain path!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:50 pm
by grim_tales
I love the parts in 3-3 when Armstrong appears in court on the stand, and the judge says "Excuse me but... are you a woman?" :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm
by Wrestlemania
XD Indeed.
I found a line where Godot ACTUALLY says "Truthiness"! I am amazed that word was used in the game!
However... I'm not typing the quote... I took a picture of it!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 pm
by dabn
What a sexy camera. :o
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:59 pm
by The Doctor
Who's this hoser, eh?
I love The Judge's Brother's surprised expression so much.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:31 pm
by Wrestlemania
Of course the victim was flying through the air! You can see it right there in the sketch! … Wooooosh!
Classic.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:48 pm
by Sklarvv
XD WOOSH. Me and my brother use the classic "I ate it" speech all the time for no reason. Agh, all mine have already been taken... Or have they...? "I love Weenies! I just can't get enough of their tender juiciness!" I lol'd.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:41 am
by Wrestlemania
There's even MORE to that! Afterwards, Godot says "At least you're a cups worth of entertainment. I think we should just skip the penalty this time."
Me; ...... SWEEEEEET! (guesses wrong 100 more times)
ANYWAYS.........
There’s only one reason! One as obvious as Jean Armstrong in a thong on the Riviera!
Yes, that's an ACTUAL line!!!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 am
by Aevitas
I remember that line! But you can't forget the first part that came before that too!
There’s only one reason! One as obvious as Bikini in a bikini in summer!
Or something like that..
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 pm
by Wrestlemania
YAY! I GET TO CORRECT SOMETHING!!!
The actual line:
There’s only one reason… And it’s easier to spot than Sister Bikini in a bikini!
And of course.......
Mr. Wright! You can mumble to yourself like a wino on your own time!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:22 pm
by lalalei2001
*presents Iris's profile during a Psyche-Lock* TAKE THAT!
Ohhh....I feel cold all over, Edgey.
No doubt because of my chilly glare.
Later...
*presents irrelevant evidence as proof that Larry likes Iris* TAKE THAT!
...I-Is it just me? Now I'm the one that suddenly feels cold...
Maybe it's because of my cold laugh?
*BAM*
(Grr...I hate making such stupid mistakes...)
And earlier, when you mess up...
Look at this, Larry!
...Hey, forget about that. Try drinking your hot water. If you don't drink it fast it's going to get cold.
Oh, sorry... (It's cold, alright. The water....and my evidence.)
*BAM*
Heehee. Psyche-Locks are fun. And so is Larry messing with Edgeworth.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:55 am
by chazooma
1-1
- Toilet? My perfect little Dollie doesn't poop!
I'm not sure chronic constipation is what's considered 'perfect'. XD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:59 am
by Wrestlemania
It's been said before but someone else but...
"I can think of another reason why Dollie doesn't poop!"
*shot*
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:18 am
by lalalei2001
Ever notice that Edgeworth is oddly submissive to Larry? It's implied he drinks the hot-turned-cold water in the Psyche-Lock, he refrains from messing with Larry after you break his first Psyche-Lock, if you present a profile in investigation Edgey lets him paint a portrait of him, he agrees to represent Iris, and is easily rattled when it comes to Larry.
Plus he reveals his less formal side. And I quote.
"As usual, you're as transparent as an empty jelly jar."
(...Why do I suddenly feel the urge to smash this guy up against those big, nasty locks?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:30 am
by Wrestlemania
I also notice he's a LOT funnier when monologuing then when he speaks to someone. (Or when someone speaks to HIM)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:32 am
by lalalei2001
(...I see, this is some terrible nightmare. I'll just roll over and..)
I laughed so hard at that part.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:37 am
by Wrestlemania
One of the weird things is how he personally believes that when something goes bad for him, people are going to laugh at him.
AA: Should we laugh, Nick? No. Do it and he'll get mad... or burst into tears.
T&T (I was going to hug it out with him but I guess that's not an option)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:13 am
by lalalei2001
And at one point when you present something to Larry (I forget what) Edgeworth admits to himself that he feels JEALOUS of him. Of Larry Butz.
Me:.....!!!!!
Plus Edgey gets PWNed by Larry when you mess up at one part during the Psyche-Lock.
You know what....you should save your finger pointing for the courtroom.
Tsk...!
It's no wonder people call you a workaholic! You're too tense! You should be like me!
*BAM*
Poor, poor Edgeworth.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:06 am
by Aevitas
Wrestlemania wrote:I also notice he's a LOT funnier when monologuing then when he speaks to someone. (Or when someone speaks to HIM)
I noticed that too. XD (And I lurv it <333) That's probably the side of him he doesn't want anyone to know until we actually get inside his head.
Adds a whole new meaning to his "Thank goodness for inner monologue" statement eh? ;D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:44 pm
by Seal481
I never realized how hilarious Ron is until I replayed case 2.
*When talking to Dessie about Ron*
: Yeah, but he does have a temper to him, its not hard to imagine him snapping and screaming "Please diiiiiie!"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:27 pm
by lalalei2001
More of Larry being Larry and Edgeworth being Edgeworth.
...I think it's time I got serious with you all.
So...you were playing with us this whole time!?
...Pretty much.
Later...
(What do I do!? I feel that the moment this sketch is revealed...the WHOLE WORLD may change as a result!)
Later...
Okay, Edgey! Here it comes! By tomorrow, you're gonna call me "Master Larry!"
(...Didn't you want to be called 'Laurice' a few minutes ago?)
Later (or earlier, I can't remember)
Hehehe. Get ready, Edgey! I'm gonna feed you a whopping serving of pain!
(...You've been feeding us a whopping serving of pain this whole time. Believe me.)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:19 am
by Angel-chan
LOL my sister and I were discussing more hilarious Edgey moments/quotes the other day.
Edgeworth: First of all, what's this at the top of the letter? It says, "Salutation here"!
Butz: W-Well that's what it said in that book, "Letter Writing for Dummies"!
Edgeworth: You're not supposed to actually write that! That's where you're supposed to write, "Dear Iris,"!
Butz: WAAAAAAAAH!!! I'M SO SOOORRY!
Larry, Larry, Larry.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:33 pm
by Aevitas
I can't remember the exact conversation but in 3-3, when Gumshoe was stuttering in denial about having a crush on Maggey: