Page 17 of 20

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:57 pm
by EricaP
I love the reference to popular Canadian Singer Alanis Morissette in 3-5. Go across Dusky Bridge for the first time. Phoenix and Maya will talk, and Phoenix will say something like this.

(Isn't ironic, don't ya think?)

That's a reference to a song by Alanis Morissette. It goes a little something like "And isn't Ironic, doncha think? IT'S LIKE RAAAAINNNN ON YA WEDDING DAY!"

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:03 am
by lalalei2001
For some reason I really like Edgeworth's line "I believe you did see something last night, Larry. Something more incredible than lightning."

Just goes to show you how incredible it really was.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:07 am
by DefenseNeverRests
Mia: Whether you're alive, dead, or somewhere in between, you will never defeat me.

...Epic.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 pm
by Salutation Here
For some reason I consider this put-down by Tigre to be, in some way, the harshest comment ever directed at Phoenix:

:zenitora: That guy ain't a real defence attorney. He just picks at little details 'til he wins!

Maybe so, but he's damn good it at!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:52 am
by Seal481
In 3-5 if you present the wrong evidence when you have to prove the crystal was dropped before the murder:

:larry2: Go, go, Edgy!
Do it! Prove it!
Win! Win! Win!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:42 am
by Aevitas
Salutation Here wrote:For some reason I consider this put-down by Tigre to be, in some way, the harshest comment ever directed at Phoenix:

:zenitora: That guy ain't a real defence attorney. He just picks at little details 'til he wins!

Maybe so, but he's damn good it at!


When he said this I couldn't help but feel like he was pointing that comment at me xD. I always press every statement just to get all the information out of a witness and when he said that I was like ".... *looks around* huh? I don't know what you're talking about.." xD.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:36 am
by grim_tales
Aevitas wrote:
Salutation Here wrote:For some reason I consider this put-down by Tigre to be, in some way, the harshest comment ever directed at Phoenix:

:zenitora: That guy ain't a real defence attorney. He just picks at little details 'til he wins!

Maybe so, but he's damn good it at!


When he said this I couldn't help but feel like he was pointing that comment at me xD. I always press every statement just to get all the information out of a witness and when he said that I was like ".... *looks around* huh? I don't know what you're talking about.." xD.


That comment was hilarious and hard at the same time :gant: I felt he was saying that to me as a player too, Godot also said something similar.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:40 pm
by Salutation Here
I love that Edgeworth actually comments on the fact that since he left, all the prosecutors who've taken up his mantle have had some sort of bizarre gimmick:

:edgeworth: The prosecution can wield a whip or drink 17 cups of coffee...

I can't remember the rest.

Given that Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice seems to continue the 'prosecutorial gimmick' idea, I'll be sorely disappointed if there isn't a line like this in the game:

:odoroki: There was once a famous prosecutor who would drink 17 cups of coffee per trial!

:kyouya: What? What a ludicrous, attention-seeking gimmick! *air guitar*

:odoroki: (Hypocrite)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:45 pm
by Allan's Aokage
EricaP wrote:I love the reference to popular Canadian Singer Alanis Morissette in 3-5. Go across Dusky Bridge for the first time. Phoenix and Maya will talk, and Phoenix will say something like this.

(Isn't ironic, don't ya think?)

That's a reference to a song by Alanis Morissette. It goes a little something like "And isn't Ironic, doncha think? IT'S LIKE RAAAAINNNN ON YA WEDDING DAY!"

Right on the dot =D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 pm
by grim_tales
Salutation Here wrote:I love that Edgeworth actually comments on the fact that since he left, all the prosecutors who've taken up his mantle have had some sort of bizarre gimmick:

:edgeworth: The prosecution can wield a whip or drink 17 cups of coffee...

I can't remember the rest.

Given that Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice seems to continue the 'prosecutorial gimmick' idea, I'll be sorely disappointed if there isn't a line like this in the game:

:odoroki: There was once a famous prosecutor who would drink 17 cups of coffee per trial!

:kyouya: What? What a ludicrous, attention-seeking gimmick! *air guitar*

:odoroki: (Hypocrite)


LOL :D That would be a funny line.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:23 am
by Seal481
Seal481 wrote:In 3-5 if you present the wrong evidence when you have to prove the crystal was dropped before the murder:

:larry2: Go, go, Edgy!
Do it! Prove it!
Win! Win! Win!


:edgeworth: His cheers, its as if I'm listening to the ominous caws of ravens!

EDIT: Dammit, I meant to edit my first post... Sorry about that

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 pm
by .Be[lie]ver.
I was re-playing 3-5, and I came upon a very amusing quote. XD

Spoiler: Saving space~
During the first part of Bikini's cross-examination, if you press on the sentence where she remarks about going back to the Main Temple to take a bath:

Edgeworth: ...So you returned to Hazakura Temple to take a bath?

Bikini: My back is to blame for everything. It's a "do or be done in" kind of world, after all.

Edgeworth: How long were you in the bath for, if you don't mind me asking?

Bikini: ... My my my, what a filthy little rogue you are! I know what's on your mind!

Edgeworth: ...?

Bikini: I bet your next question is going to be, "Where exactly did you wash?" Ah, THIS is why you have to watch the young ones...

Edgeworth: W-What are you going on about!? I was... *whipped* Gwah!

von Karma: ...Pathetic, Miles Edgeworth.

Judge's Brother: The lowest of the low.

Edgeworth: (Is there some sort of "Kick Me" sign stuck to the defense's bench!?)

Poor Edgeworth, being deemed a pervert by the witness, judge, and prosecution. XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:24 pm
by The Brown Badger
Spoiler: 3-3
Near the end of 3-3, when Godot's referring to the phony Mr. Elg, he says something about him putting on a play "for the benefit of Mr. Kudo", a reference to a Beatles song. Only thing I've caught to far that I haven't read here. Even though I haven't read all of this thread. :P

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:56 am
by lalalei2001
Larry: ....

*Five Psyche-Locks appear*

Edgeworth: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gumshoe: W-What's wrong, sir!?

Edgeowrth: D-Does this mean I have to do it all over again!?

Larry: Why are you glaring at me like I'm next to be hit by lightning?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:01 am
by Storm Parakaitz
Seal481 wrote:In 3-5 if you present the wrong evidence when you have to prove the crystal was dropped before the murder:

:larry2: Go, go, Edgy!
Do it! Prove it!
Win! Win! Win!

that part scared me and gave me nightmares ;-;

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:19 pm
by lalalei2001
.Stormchaser wrote:
Seal481 wrote:In 3-5 if you present the wrong evidence when you have to prove the crystal was dropped before the murder:

:larry2: Go, go, Edgy!
Do it! Prove it!
Win! Win! Win!

that part scared me and gave me nightmares ;-;


...Pardon my asking, but why? :udgy:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:14 am
by Storm Parakaitz
lalalei2001 wrote:
.Stormchaser wrote:
Seal481 wrote:In 3-5 if you present the wrong evidence when you have to prove the crystal was dropped before the murder:

:larry2: Go, go, Edgy!
Do it! Prove it!
Win! Win! Win!

that part scared me and gave me nightmares ;-;


...Pardon my asking, but why? :udgy:

Cuz

I pictured a ghostly Larry in my head following Miles around chanting and chanting when I first read it, then I SERIOUSLY DREAMED LARRY FOLLOWING ME SAYING THAT

... I get so engrossed when I play this games it's not even funny.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 pm
by serpensortia
Wrestlemania wrote:Found one the the earliest, (and missed) lines in the game!

:godot: The only thing “peculiar” in this courtroom… is on top of your head.
:maya-shock: Nick! Are you going to let him get away with making fun of your hair!?
:nick: (Yes… At least until I know he can’t use his goggles to fry me or something…)

It's made if you DON'T point out the Broach when the security picture first shows up.

Spoiler: 3-5
:phoenix: :spload:
Smart decision, Phoenix.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:31 pm
by lalalei2001
Larry: Okay, Edgey. By tomorrow morning you're gonna call me Master Larry!

Someone must draw that.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:28 am
by Tomoshibi Amatsu
:maya: N-Nick! It's terrible! What the...?! You're cleaning the toilet again?! I never knew you were such a toilet freak!

:udgy: Hmm... So then the real identity of this Mask DeMasque is... M-Mr. Godot! Y-you...!

Heh interesting exchange

:godot: Ha...! It would seem... That I'm forced to eat crow!

:maya: I wonder what blend number crow-flavored coffee is.

And another

:aiga: When you were in grade school, you received the same report card every year. "Careless with the tendency to jump to conclusions." Am I wrong...?

:ack: H-H-H-How did you...?

3-3

:maya: Detective Gumshoe...

:eh?: ...

:maya: How many weenies are in here? There's not a person on earth who could down this much meat.

:gumshoe: You think? I love weenies, I can't get enough of their tender juciness

Oh Gumshoe that sounds so wrong...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:27 pm
by Lars Enaahl
:sadshoe: He stole it from a young couple that had been waiting at a red light.

:bro: Hmm... Car thieves... I'm not sure how I feel about car thieves.

:mia: (Is this guy sure about how he feels about ANYTHING?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:59 am
by Tomoshibi Amatsu
:udgy: Y-Y-You can't threaten m-me Mr. Tigre! It-It's the defense! Go ahead and tell the witness Mr. Wright!

:phoenix: ::under the desk::

:udgy: Mr. Wriiight!

:zenitora: Sounds to me like it must be you' old man! Youse got guts, I'll give you that!

:udgy: M-M-Mr Wright! Do not leave me to handle this alone!

Heh and another funny moment

:phoenix: V-very impressive Mr. Godot. Waiting for my absence to launch your attack.

:godot: Ha...! Found your pen at last Trite?

:phoenix: It was in my pocket.

ah and another one

:phoenix: A computer virus, your honor. A virus called "MC Bomber."

:udgy: A computer virus? What does one of those do?

:phoenix: A computer virus is a program that wrecks havoc on the insides of a computer

:udgy: A computer? What does one of those do?

:phoenix:(I guess the beard isn't the only part of his honor that is from the stone age.)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:01 am
by SaraLily
The best quote in my opinion :

(When presenting Iris's profile to Gumshoe)

:edgeworth: I feel like I've seen this girl somewhere before! She wasn't from a prior case, was she?
:eh?: Nope, can't be. We did a database research with her fingerprints and came with nothing.
:edgeworth: I see....(I just can't shake this nagging feeling..)
:eh?: Well, everyone knows you are quite popular with the ladies, sir...Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped along the way or something...?
:edgeworth: D-DETECTIVE! Where did you heard such nonsense from?
:eh?: I didn't hear it from anyone. It's just sorta I imagine you to be...sir.
:edgeworth: (...D-Do I really inspire that kind of frothing desire from the female masses?)

Oh yes...Yes you do, Edgey!! lol

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:07 pm
by Sklarvv
(during the Ron case)
Maya:"But he doesn't seem like your normal attention whore... Unlike, say, you, Nick."
I can't beleive I missed that one earlier XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:32 am
by Phoenix_Apollo
*when you show the Oh! Cult! magazine photo to Bikini
Spoiler:
while you're playing as Edgeworth


"Well look at that! I look pretty s-to-the-exy, don't you think?"

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:44 am
by Phoenix_Apollo
:udgy: Cafe o' Lay? Is that even legal... ?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:15 am
by polkadot
:nick-sweat: (Phoenix, we have a problem...)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:49 am
by SpiffyNerd
I know this thread is old, but...I just got T&T for my birthday, and it's hilarious! xD

Here are some of my favourites (very few reposts, I read through the whole thread to make sure!)

Spoiler: 3.5
:ka-whip: "Listen, Phoenix Wright...It's impertinent to call people by their full name!"
:nick-sweat: "I was only copying you."

:franny: "You look worried. ...Are you thinking about Miles Edgeworth?"

Possibly the least eloquent thing to ever have come out of Edgeworth's mouth:

:edgeworth: "Gurgh..."

(although it WAS right after an earthquake...he proceeded to beat himself up about letting Iris go furiously for the next seventeen or so times you talk to him)


:franny: "... Miles Edgeworth, go and get some air. I'll watch over the suspect. Get a grip on yourself."
:edgeworth: "Don't be ridiculous! I'm perfectly fi
:ka-whip:
:edgeworth: "ngh! .........Understood."

:nick-sweat: (*sigh* I was ready to hug it out with him, but he's just the same, prideful Edgeworth.)
My inner yaoi fangirl was going NUTS here. xD

:phoenix: "What do you think about this, Edgeworth?"

:edgeworth: "Sorry, Wright... You're a defense attorney, and I'm a prosecutor. It wouldn't be right for us to discuss things so intimately."
...and here, as well

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 am
by polkadot
Spoiler: 3-2...? Maybe a tiny bit spoilery.
When you present the sports paper to Maggey and you talk about the $100,000, Maya says something about which song she'd sing if she got that much money.

:maya: ..."The Master of Kurain" or "The Spirit Song" or even "Maya's Theme"!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:20 pm
by Einwand
Spoiler: Case 2, slight spoiler
:object: That was nothing more than a coincidence! [Larry's profile image pops up in corner] The fact that the guard was a pathetic loser who had just gotten punched in the face by his ex's new boyfriend and wasn't anywhere in the vicinity was not something Mr. DeLite could have known!


... Wow, Nick. Wow... xD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:19 am
by Katana
Sorry if any of these have already been mentioned. I can't even remember if I've posted in this thread before.

Phoenix: Dagnabit, I'm a lawyer, not a botanist!

Maya: I once had a bad feeling that I was about to have a bad feeling. It was bad.

Judge: You will suck down the penalty Mr. Wright... and you will like it!

Mia: Photos...of the witness herself? Then who took the photos?
Melissa: Well...you see...my camera has a timer feature built into it.
Mia: So, you took photos of yourself!?
Judge: Hmm...I remember taking some photos of myself once, too!
Mia: (PLEASE! No details...!)

Judge: Mr. Wright...you don't mean to say...you knew about this 'safe' business?
Phoenix: Uh...well...yes.
Judge: Why am I the only one not in the loop here!?

Mia: Here's the definitive piece of evidence that proves it!
Judge: ...that? That's your definitive piece of evidence?
Mia: Yes!...If my thinking is correct.
Edgeworth: Well then. We have one mystery solved. The answer is simple. Ms. Fey's thinking is wrong. ...That's all there is to it.
Mia: Huh?
Judge: Ms. Fey, I've got a definitive penalty to reward you for your definitive piece of evidence.

Godot: ...You did it. Didn't you?
Ron: Yes.
Phoenix: What?
Judge: Huh?
Ron: Uh... No no no no no no no! Th-Th-Th-That's not true!
Judge: ...Hmm. For a moment there I thought we'd set the record for the shortest trial ever.

Phoenix: (I don't know if I really want this guy to like us...ever.)

Gumshoe: Oh, hey, it's you again, little girly! Actually, the name's Detective Dick Gumshoe! Now's a good time to start remembering it!
Maya: Or, if it's too long for you, you can just call him "Dick!"
Pearl: OK! It's nice to meet you, Mr. Detective Dick!

Phoenix: Exactly how strong is this poison, Detective Gumshoe?
Gumshoe: It's... Well...That stuff's lethal! Eat too much, and you're a dead man!
Maya: How much is too much?
Godot: A lethal does is 0.2 grams. That's about enough to finish anyone off.
Maya: 0.2 grams? How much is that?

Maya: Hey, look Nick! It's a super-computer! It looks like it's really smart and wise, doesn't it?
Phoenix: Computers are only as smart as the humans who use them, Maya.
Maya: That explains why we don't use the computer in our office!
Phoenix: You work there too, Maya.
Maya: ......Yeah, but I'm...

Gumshoe: <Desperately trying to change the subject> Ha...haha! Mmm! This lunch special lobster is great!
Maya: ...Then why are there tears in your eyes?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:17 am
by PhoenixFire
Here's a good one:

:phoenix: : A spirit medium afraid of ghosts...? Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

For those who don't know, this is referencing that Alanis Morissette song, "Ironic."

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:51 pm
by Phoenix_Apollo
During the first cross-exaimnation of 3-4:

:javado: Listen up, Kitten. There's a big trap waiting for you in that testimony.

(Mia): A t-trap?

:javado: Walk into it carelessly, annd it'll leace more than just a flesh wound. Fun, huh?

Something else:

I don't like how they keep asking things like: :phoenix: "(asks a confirming question)...yes?"

This happens more in AJ though.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 am
by Jelly
XDD; Wow basically all my favourite quotes have been said..

Here's my favourite one though n___n;; I kinda paraphrased because I don't remember it exactly..
:edgeworth: : Do I really have the power to command such frothing desire from the female masses?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:51 pm
by The Turtle Guy
I was playing T&T case 5 again last night and Edgey's midi-chlorians line caught me off guard laughing. I'd forgotten it.XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:47 pm
by MikeMeekins
Everything about hemorrhoilds

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 pm
by Bad Player
I'm not reading through all 17 pages, but my most favorite quote out of the ENTIRE SERIES: (This is during the first day of 3-5)

:edgeworth: : Are...
:franny: : You...
:udgy: : High! The girl in that picture is very high!

That made me :gant-clap2:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:51 pm
by Phoenix_Apollo
Bad Player wrote:I'm not reading through all 17 pages, but my most favorite quote out of the ENTIRE SERIES: (This is during the first day of 3-5)

:edgeworth: : Are...
:franny: : You...
:udgy: : High! The girl in that picture is very high!

That made me :gant-clap2:


That wasn't :udgy: . It was :bro: .

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 pm
by Bad Player
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:
Bad Player wrote:I'm not reading through all 17 pages, but my most favorite quote out of the ENTIRE SERIES: (This is during the first day of 3-5)

:edgeworth: : Are...
:franny: : You...
:udgy: : High! The girl in that picture is very high!

That made me :gant-clap2:


That wasn't :udgy: . It was :bro: .


I know, but either way it was a judge. (I was too lazy to go and get the judge's brother's smilie when the judge's is right there)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:42 am
by Feihancassie
hehe, this is one of my favorites:
:maya: Iris and nick, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

xD