Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:03 am
by Phoenix_Apollo
L~A wrote:
Phoenix_Apollo wrote:I heard the English version of the Japanese version isn't as good from a spelling and grammar point of view, but it keeps the Japanese jokes (I think), so there you go.
Don't quote me on that, though.
Well, then I have another little question... Is the guy doing Phoenix Voice (like when he's yelling 'Objection') one of the people who translated the game (from the localization team) ? If that's the case, I think the translation is the same as in the US version then, since I don't think they would use him in the Japanese version just for his voice... xD
Well, I'll see what it's like when I eventually start playing the game... xD I only pushed the button in order to change the language, which made Phoenix yell 'Objection !'... I was sooo surprised the first time I did it, since I hadn't noticed the kanjis meant : Eigo xD (even though I knew them, at least for the 'go').
Yeah, they have someone from their localization team do the voice. Still, it may be the original script.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:31 am
by Miss Tetra
i loved when u presented mias profile to atmey. maya was like '...ew'
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:46 pm
by serpensortia
Um, what did he say, exactly? I haven't played that case in a while.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 am
by Femme Fatale
serpensortia wrote:Um, what did he say, exactly? I haven't played that case in a while.
Atmey: This woman... She is a true beauty. Phoenix: ...You don't say Atmey: I would be honoured if you would introduce her to me. Phoenix: ... Atmey: I assure you, Sir Lawyer, that my interest is strictly professional! Maya: Eww, this guy's even creepier than I thought. Atmey: I assure you, my dear, all Ace Detectives are perfect gentlemen!
Just for you, I replayed the case and got it.
Another funny quote. Show Maggey the "fake badge" in case 3-3.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:59 am
by Burninator
Maya: Detective Gumshoe. What about this person?
Gumshoe: Sorry, pal... To be honest, my head is so full right now it feeld like it's gonna burst.
Phoenix: (Note to self: Keep hair away from Gumshoe's head.)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:11 pm
by Grancko
Phoenix: This is more obvious than Jean Armstrong in a thong on Rivera!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:01 am
by Burninator
Grancko-H wrote:Phoenix: This is more obvious than Jean Armstrong in a thong on Rivera!
That actually happened???
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:11 am
by Femme Fatale
Burninator wrote:
Grancko-H wrote:Phoenix: This is more obvious than Jean Armstrong in a thong on Rivera!
That actually happened???
YES. It was amazing.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:14 am
by Johnny Rotan
SaraVera wrote:
Burninator wrote:
Grancko-H wrote:Phoenix: This is more obvious than Jean Armstrong in a thong on Rivera!
That actually happened???
YES. It was amazing.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:08 am
by D_Albertz
My favourite: Gumshoe INdeed! Like Gum On your shoe he's impossible to get rid of!
and one thing can anyone fill me what is the last statement that edgeworth make when he presented larry's profile to iris
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 pm
by Lucille
D_Albertz wrote:and one thing can anyone fill me what is the last statement that edgeworth make when he presented larry's profile to iris
Edgeworth: * E-Excuse me. * I was temporarily at a * loss for words. * * Edgeworth: * (Take a trip... Come home... * Be thrust suddenly into * bizarro world...)
Is that the one you mean?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:51 am
by D_Albertz
Yes, That One! I love that one, and one more: When presenting Phoenix's Profile to Maya for the first time, at GS 3-2: : You're not very photogenic,are you? : ....! : I guess, that's the end of the conversation then...
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:27 am
by x_Marushi
I don't know the exact words, but I ALWAYS love it when you examine a ladder and you get all the bitchin' "It's a STEPladder."
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:52 am
by Hot-Fuss
I remember readng the judge say something along the lines of:
Spoiler:
And I hand down my verdicts. Judge style.
Oh lawdy shit was so cash
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:49 am
by DefenseNeverRests
"Iris": Mystic Maya... She is your girlfriend, isn't she? Phoenix: ...!
Maya: What the...? You're cleaning the toilet again?! I never knew you were such a toilet freak!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
And he launched a coffee grenade at me. You did look pretty silly wearing that coffee mug like a birthday hat. I know! We'll return fire in court tomorrow with some milk grenades.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 pm
by Wolfenpilot687
Hey! I got one that is constanly missed!
Spoiler: Case 3-3
After the virus has been spreaded, in the Criminal Affairs Department, if you examine the detective in the left:
Detective:"Your batteries won't last forever. Remember that when you're having fun...in bed. We have a winner! A little joke to make people think about their smoke alarms." Phoenix:"... He must be coming up with slogans for a fire safety campaign... ...I guess? ...Does he even know what's he trying to get across anymore?"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:23 am
by InsanityFighter99
The one that happened when you talked with (dont remember what about)
Spoiler: :D
:maya: This is madness! No Maya, this is S.P.A.R.D.A.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:32 pm
by JingoJingle
I heard about a pedobear reference, but I didn't notice it. Could someone say where it is?
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:08 pm
by Anza5588
- "Why does it seem like all prosecutors are the "real deal" - "Your nothing but a little girl without your whip!" - "Please address as him "Don Tigre" otherwise i'll have to..." - "If you ask me your honor she went back to the hell she came from"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 am
by Neko Godot
Can someone help me with a quote? I'm thinking about the one where Godot talks about throwing dirty shorts in the laundry, but I can't remember how it goes exactly. >_<
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 am
by yaoigirl15
I love it when your in Ron's house and you examine the fish bowl and transceiver
*Paraphrased* -examine fish bowl- What is that a fish bowl? It could be an upside down helmet...an alien helmet. -examine transceiver- -says something that I can't remember- Or it's a transceiver....an alien transceiver.
I love that quote cuz it SO reminded me of Oldbag and her ray gun xDD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:48 am
by ObjectionEarthbound
Hot-Fuss wrote:I remember readng the judge say something along the lines of:
Spoiler:
And I hand down my verdicts. Judge style.
Oh lawdy shit was so cash
"(Maybe I should ask questions, Phoenix-style)"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 am
by ObjectionEarthbound
I'm not sure if any one posted this yet but... What is this festive-looking ornament? It reminds me of art class in grade school. We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with origami. Remember? W-Well, I... Oh, yeah...You were never any good at it. Really? Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there sobbing. Really? I never would have expected that. Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day! You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw! ... You know, Edgey... Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy. Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth! (Grr... This is exactly why I hate childhood friends...)
Phew, who knew copypasting could be so hard..
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:20 am
by Steel Turnabout
Edgey: She's must be talking about Maya.
*examine sign at Basement Warehouse* PARAPHRASING Nick:A sign with 'bur' on it wtflol Maya:Maybe it says 'hamBURgers nick: ( Maya likes hamburgers lolwut) Maya:... Or spaGHEtti Nick: thats bur not ghe maya: could be a typo NOT EVEN CLOSE BUT OH WELL YOU GET THE IDEA
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm
by Siren
I still love Edgey's quote from a few pages earlier:
"Is there a "Kick Me" sign attached to the defense's bench?"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:40 pm
by Nevfx
Siren wrote:I still love Edgey's quote from a few pages earlier:
"Is there a "Kick Me" sign attached to the defense's bench?"
Thats my favourite quote XD
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:07 am
by Tinkotin
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Any doubts I had about the game not being up to the standards of 1 and 2 are thoroughly dispelled. Some annoying typos, though. Maybe we can ask Lost to have the Capcom guys do a re-proofreading? >_>
Luke Atmey and Ronnie DeLite... both of them... BRILLIANT. Atmey's dialogue in particular is spot-on PERFECT.
THE GAME WAS AMAZING!
Here is my personal favorite quote lols
"Are.." "You..." "..High! That girl is really high up in that picture!"
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:46 pm
by grim_tales
Phoenix: Like Sister Bikini in a bikini.. *shudder*.. I gotta think of the kittens....
Ewww... :o
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 pm
by ThePRPD
Edgeworth quote:
Spoiler:
(Is the next think you're going to tell me is that she has Midi-chlorians!?) I forgot who and what Edgeworth was responding to, I have a hard time remembering... I know it was about Kurain Channeling Technique and I think he was talking to Gumshoe.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 am
by End Quote
Spoiler: Smart pills
Did the Judge take smart pills during the last recces?
EDIT: changed it, my first one was the "Are" "You" "High" but I just saw that it's mentions in this very page already
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:12 pm
by MiaFeyFan
That Milkshake quote from Mia was priceless! All of Godot/Diego's quotes are petfection. Same as Mia's quotes <3. One of my favourite Mia quotes would have to be...
:We'll see...Madame Fey :(I'm no one's grandmother yet,Dearie!
EDIT: I've rememberd my all time favourite Godot quote! (It's in my sig ) :Says something I don't remember :You remind me...of a certain coffee's bittersweet bite
Immediately I thought: certain someone's(:mia:) bittersweet kiss??
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:20 pm
by Catsworth
Godot: Hot nights....and hotter coffee. That's what I always say.
Like in my sig :D That's one of my favourite PW quotes :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:35 pm
by Steel Turnabout
My hemorrhoids are about to burst.
Thanksjackass
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:28 pm
by MiaFeyFan
Steel Turnabout wrote::grossburg: My hemorrhoids are about to burst.
Thanksjackass
Ugh hemorrhoids...most annoying word ever to embark on a video game...at least in my opinion
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:47 pm
by Tacas
I especially liked the following two quotes:
Spoiler:
:edgeworth: : ("Can I prove it...?" That isn't the issue. To simply "prove it". That's the only option! That's what he'd do... That's the way Phoenix Wright would do this!)
: ...Your Honor. Allow me to prove something to you. I will prove that this crystal sphere is a vital link to solving this case!
's bro: You will do what!?
: That look in your eyes... You remind me of Phoenix Wright when he is cornered.
: That should come as no surprise. (Because right now, I am Phoenix Wright, and I am indeed cornered...!)
Spoiler:
:maya: :After that, the killer stole the blade back and delivered the final blow... I guess.
: ... Well, Mr. Wright? It seems to make sense to me...
: (It sounds like a reasonable deduction, but I still kinda wonder...) I'm sorry to say this... but that interpretation would create an enormous contradiction!
That makes sense. After all, my deductions are almost certainly never correct.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:38 pm
by End Quote
I always spoil myself on the great lines, like the SPARDA one, but what Godot said to Franziska was epic : D
(and at the time, I didn't even know it had anything to do with wrestling...)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:52 am
by grim_tales
Tacas wrote:I especially liked the following two quotes:
Spoiler:
:edgeworth: : ("Can I prove it...?" That isn't the issue. To simply "prove it". That's the only option! That's what he'd do... That's the way Phoenix Wright would do this!)
: ...Your Honor. Allow me to prove something to you. I will prove that this crystal sphere is a vital link to solving this case!
's bro: You will do what!?
: That look in your eyes... You remind me of Phoenix Wright when he is cornered.
: That should come as no surprise. (Because right now, I am Phoenix Wright, and I am indeed cornered...!)
Spoiler:
:maya: :After that, the killer stole the blade back and delivered the final blow... I guess.
: ... Well, Mr. Wright? It seems to make sense to me...
: (It sounds like a reasonable deduction, but I still kinda wonder...) I'm sorry to say this... but that interpretation would create an enormous contradiction!
That makes sense. After all, my deductions are almost certainly never correct.
I loved the first quote! :D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:06 am
by HoboPhoenix
Spoiler: Godot quote
:godot: - "The only time a lawyer can cry is when its all over."
More of a serious quote.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:10 am
by nekonohime
HoboPhoenix wrote:" 's bro:Witness please tell the court ABOOT what iris was doing"
Spoiler: Bad joke alert
Aboot? A boot to the head? :D
Anyways thats a typo XD[/spoiler]
Actually, that's just how Canadians pronounce the word 'about'.