Page 3 of 20

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:35 am
by grim_tales
Busterella wrote:
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes.

ILU, Capcom translation team. <3


That's a reference to the Kellis song isn't it? :D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:26 am
by The Sandwich
*claps*

Good boy.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:42 am
by grim_tales
Thanks :)
The context of that quote disturbs me a bit though, considering the lyrics that follow :o Well, I'll find out soon enough.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:22 pm
by Yokusa
RhythmStraw wrote:from case 3:

:phoenix: : So the particular feature you recognize about the waitress is....her outfit!?
But anyone could wear just such an uniform! Even me!

:udgy: : Mr. Wright! Please spare the court of any further mental anguish from that image.


Nick in a Trés Bien outfit? :wacky-edgy:


i agree with the Judge....


THE MENTAL SCARRING!!!! :beef: :beef: :beef:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:44 pm
by Psyche-locked
Does Godot still say "That's my rule" in the English translation or does he say something else instead?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:18 pm
by The Sandwich
"That's a rule to live by."

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:42 pm
by Happiness Punch!
DarzieP wrote:"That's a rule to live by."


...
...
...
That kicks ASS. Definately has a better ring to it than "that's my rule."

Happi wants her copy moar now.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:36 pm
by RyougaSaotome
Jeebus Lice, that's a badass line. And I definitely agree that it has a much better ring to it than 'That's my rule'.

Hurry up mail people. >.<;;;

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:00 pm
by Hiroshi
Spoiler: Case 5
Judge's Brother - So where is the witness?
:franny: - He was arrested in the art gallery due to suspicious behavior.
:edgeworth: - Suspicious behavior...?
:franny: - He was found intensely painting something
Judge's Brother: *nods* Indeed, painting a portrait of defendant is not allowed.
:franny: - He painted a devilish woman with evil eyes and a whip
Judge's Brother: Why, he was painting yo--
*WHACK*
:whip: - Anyway, it's time tgo drag this pathetic excuse for an artist before the court

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:11 pm
by Sebastian Stark
...This is gonna sound odd - But is the SPARDA line a reference to something I'm unfamiliar with, or just funny for being there? XD

I'm peeking before I even own the game...Ah, well. XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:14 pm
by Hiroshi
Sebastian Stark wrote:...This is gonna sound odd - But is the SPARDA line a reference to something I'm unfamiliar with, or just funny for being there? XD

I'm peeking before I even own the game...Ah, well. XD

It reffers to the "300" movie
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOH5f1J1Uc

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:14 pm
by Guess_Who
EDIT: HAHA DISREGARD THIS, I SUCK COCKS

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:41 pm
by Sebastian Stark
Unlucky me...Youtube is blocked by library Resources. XDD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:24 pm
by mario2000
Who's this hoser, eh?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:10 pm
by Mr. Bear Jew
DarzieP wrote:"That's a rule to live by."


Also, "That's one of my rules."

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:50 am
by E~A
Case 4

Young Egdeworth: I won't be outwitted by this novice bimbo!

Young Mia: Same to you pal.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 am
by Busterella
^ EPIC.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:15 am
by musouka
E~A wrote:Case 4

Young Egdeworth: I won't be outwitted by this novice bimbo!

Young Mia: Same to you pal.


HAHAHA, YES. PERFECT.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:55 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
E~A wrote:Case 4

Young Egdeworth: I won't be outwitted by this novice bimbo!

Young Mia: Same to you pal.


Sig'd!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:34 am
by Miles Wright 114
here's a video of the 300 joke from the game http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cilEhs1WYks its possibly one of the best jokes I've heard so far :moe-laugh:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:28 pm
by jorneydo
I dont remenber exactly the quote but its the point.
:bikini: My back its hurting
:franny: Dont worry sister I will give you a vigorous massage when you finish
:edgeworth: With the whip?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:39 pm
by Phoenix Edgeworth
Isn't Sparda also a reference to Dante's father in Devil May Cry? Both games are CAPCOMs anyway so it's a possibility too.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:48 pm
by Miles Wright 114
Phoenix Edgeworth wrote:Isn't Sparda also a reference to Dante's father in Devil May Cry? Both games are CAPCOMs anyway so it's a possibility too.

I'd call that a coincidence

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:53 pm
by Lawliet
Phoenix is...
Spoiler: Case 3
Phoenix: So the particular feature you recognize about the waitress is... her outfit!?

Phoenix: But anyone could wear just such an uniform! Even me! *music suddenly stops*

Judge: Mr Wright! Please spare the court of any further mental anguish from that image.

================
*Old man throws seeds at Phoenix*
Phoenix: He's gotta be using some sort of infinite ammo code with that box of seeds...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:38 pm
by Mikker
Letter given to Mask*DeMasque.
...
Actually, it was more like taken.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:18 pm
by Mikker
Larry is just awesome.

Larry: You could learn a few tricks from me, Nick!

Phoenix: ...Yeah? Like what?

Larry: Look at my hair, for example. It points up streight, right?

Larry: But your hair, on the other hand, points backwards.

Larry: That's no good at all, man! It's defeatist! You gotta aim high! For the stars!

Phoenix: (I... I can't find a counter-argument for that...)

His spritework has overgone a very large overhaul. I'll be posting it ASAP, BTW.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:25 pm
by SanjiWatsuki
Judge: I-I'm a spoon!?
I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:48 pm
by The Aspernator
:larry2: Heehee, the dialog sounds hysterical. I can't wait to play the game. <3

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:00 pm
by Napishtim
Kat_Aclysm wrote:I have something to share that you may enjoy.

Spoiler: Pedobear? In my Phoenix Wright?
It's more likely thank you think.
Image


BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA pedo bear strikes again!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:03 am
by Poltergust
^Er, what the heck is that, anyway?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:14 am
by DSL-69
Pedobear, a 4chan meme that derives its humor by representing pedophilia in a chibi-cute fashion (at least, the original does). The image is pasted on, obviously.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:50 am
by CFZero
I have no idea if this has been said but if you insert the GBA copy of GS3, it unlocks everything in both versions, so maybe it will work in the stateside release...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:51 am
by Guess_Who
No, that only works on the Japanese mode.

Unless they changed it from the previous two games?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 am
by CantFaketheFunk
Spoiler: 3-5
presenting Iris' profile to Gumshoe (as Edgey) yields hilarity.

"yadda yadda, she's familiar, is she from an old case?"

:eh?: "Well, everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir..."

:gymshoe: "Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped somewhere along the way or something...?"

:wacky-edgy: "D-Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from!?"

:gymshoe: "I didn't hear it from anyone. It's just sorta how I imagine you to be... sir."

:edgeworth: "(...D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)"




SO.

VERY.

GAY.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:53 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
Maya makes a reference to the Costco warehouse retail club in Case 3.

"It's not like you can just buy a bottle of it at CostMo' for $5."

I just wish Maya and Gumshoe had called Phoenix "Dr. Nick" instead; in a tip of reference to the Simpsons' 'Dr. Nick' character.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:08 am
by Mikker
Pearl: Is this Godot really that strong, Nick?

Phoenix: I don't know. I only know him for his reputation.

Atmey: It's not surprising. Most people spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearence.

:gant: First WfG reference :gant:

I also like how they sorted out his prononiation by having the Judge originally call him 'Gobo'.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:52 pm
by grim_tales
What does WfG mean? :)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:54 pm
by surasshu
QBnoYouko wrote:
Poltergust wrote:I'm guessing that it's a reference to Dr. Wright from SimCity.
It could be a reference to their own Megaman franchise too. Wasn't Dr. Light called Wright at some point?

I thought it was a Dr. Right/Light reference too. But then, I've never even heard of this Dr. Wright SimCity guy...

:phoenix: In reality, Maya's a spirit medium, and a bit of a shady character.

Nice, Wright, nice! :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:56 pm
by Sebastian Stark
WfG = Samual Beckett's 'Waiting for Godot' - which is the inspiration for the name of our favourite Prosecuting Coffee addict. :godot:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:23 pm
by surasshu
Oh I really love this little exchange:
(Examine a sign in the basement of the Lordly Tailor)
Spoiler:
:phoenix: It looks like a part of a big signboard. All I can read on it is the "bur".
:maya: Aha! I've got it! Maybe it's supposed to say "Hamburger"!
:nick: Why would anyone write "Hamburger" that big?
:maya: Like, maybe for the "World Hamburger Festival" or something?
:nick: I kinda doubt it.
:maya: Aha! I've got it! Maybe it said, "Spaghetti"!
:nick: ... Why are you talking about food? Oh, wait. That's normal for you.
:phoenix: Anyway, it says "bur". There's no way it could be "Spaghetti".
:maya: Well, maybe it was a typo! It might have said, "Speghetti Festival". What do you think?
:nick-sweat: OK to me... Besides, Spaghetti is the only thing more tangled than your reasoning.

Just about killed me when I saw it the first time. :moe-laugh:

EDIT: Okay, one more quote (can you tell I'm replaying the game?)
When you present Phoenix Wright's profile to Gumshoe during 3-2:
Spoiler:
:gymshoe: Pretty goofy-looking face, if you ask me.
:nick-sweat: ... Hey!
:maya: What are you doing carrying that around with you anyway? It's not like we ever need it.
:phoenix: (She has got a point...)

Gotta love how everybody insults you when you present that. Maya just said Phoenix wasn't very photogenetic when I showed it to her, too. :larry: