"I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

All talk about Gyakuten Saiban 4, Odoroki, the Garyuus, etc, goes in here.
Post Reply
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

"I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Croik »

This thread is for fans who just want to know one specific detail without getting the whole game spoiled. As questions are asked I'll edit this first post to include them.

EVERY RESPONSE YOU POST HERE MUST BE UNDER A SPOILER TAG OR FACE MY WRATH. :Zenny

All answers should be One or Two word answers where possible. For example:

Q. Is Edgeworth in this game?

Spoiler: Is there Edgeworth?
Yes. Or No. I honestly don't know yet.


Okay? Answer no more than the question asked, no explanations unless specified, no extra information. Please be careful in here.

Anyway, here are some to start with:

EDIT: I don't know why it posted three times.

Q. What made Phoenix a hobo?

A. [Scroll down, I'm not looking at that yet!]

Q. Does Edgeworth appear?

Spoiler:
No.


Q. What are the names of the four cases? (aka Turnabout Trump, etc)

A. ???

Q. Did Phoenix commit the crime?

Spoiler:
No.
ImageImage
'Ivan
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:32 am
Custom Title: I'm still here! If you recognize me. t.t
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by 'Ivan »

Croik wrote:Q. What made Phoenix a hobo?

A. ???

That's not really easy to simplify. Let's go with:
Spoiler: GS4
He used forged evidence and got caught.

Ah-ha-aaah. That's was too much info. *Removed*
-Wooster
Image
Blademaster_Orca
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:06 am
Custom Title: Master of sharp things!
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Blademaster_Orca »

Q. What are the names of the four cases? (aka Turnabout Trump, etc)


Spoiler: Taken from the GS4 topic
1.Turnabout Trump
2.Turnabout Chaining Street Corners
3.Turnabout Serenade
4.Turnabout - The One Who Inherited
Image
DingoEnderZOE2
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by DingoEnderZOE2 »

Well after unintentionally spoiling myself on why Phoenix is a Hobo(I'm satisified with the reason) I have a question of my own to add:
Q.Did Phoenix Commit the crime in the first case? No explanations I just want to know if he actually killed the victim. I'll figure out the the full truth to this case on my own once I get the game.

Edits:Whoops looks like my question was already answered. My fault... Edgy
Happiness Punch!
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Finlalaland~

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Happiness Punch! »

DingoEnderZOE2 wrote:Q.Did Phoenix Commit the crime in the first case? No explanations I just want to know if he actually killed the victim. I'll figure out the the full truth to this case on my own once I get the game.


Spoiler:
No.

Too Much Data!
-Wooster


Edit. Oh, it's already been answered. Zenitora
aeris dies
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:06 am
Custom Title: Needles? In MY Ohagi?

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by aeris dies »

Q. How many cases are there?
TheDarkArchon
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
Custom Title: *insert something witty here*

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by TheDarkArchon »

A: 4

Spoiler:
Or 5 if you count the flashback case.
Selphiroth
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Selphiroth »

I'm too much of an anal purist to want to know anything story wise but there's one burning question I want to know, a yes/no answer will do but spoilerless elaborate answer would be great too.

Is it a good game?
Holy Hell
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4791
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm
Custom Title: stirring

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Holy Hell »

Selphiroth wrote:Is it a good game?


Spoiler:
Some claim it's the best game yet, but this isn't much of a spoiler-ific question.
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy
Impulse
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:54 pm
Custom Title: Queen Of The Mods
Location: England, the land of scones and Doctor Who.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Impulse »

Thank you, this FAQ is very helpful. I've spoilt myself on why Phoenix became a hobo, and
Spoiler: Hobohodo
I'm satisfied with the answer. Much better than a 'Maya and/or Edgeworth is dead' emo-fest, and a plausible reason for Phoenix to become a hobo. It also gives a good reason for him to want to help Odoroki. Although, Edgeworth used faked evidence in SL-9 and he wasn't struck off...
And if Phoenix was that desperate to get back into court he could always do a Zenitora. Edgy

Spoiler: Edgey
Although Edgeworth is a good character he was so overused in GS1-3 that I'm glad the cravat-man finally gets a break...

And time to add a question of my own-
Who, if anyone, is the secret prosecutor of Case 4?
Image
Kit Merow
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm
Custom Title: Matt Engarde with Boobs
Location: Here~
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Kit Merow »

Impulse wrote:And time to add a question of my own-
Who, if anyone, is the secret prosecutor of Case 4?


Spoiler:
Young Kyouya Garyuu, I believe.

Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong.
Signatures are inferior.
Impulse
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:54 pm
Custom Title: Queen Of The Mods
Location: England, the land of scones and Doctor Who.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Impulse »

No, you're right.
What? I gave in and read the spoilers... Larry
Image
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Tinker »

What happened to Meekins and Gumshoe? And Maggey, in that case?
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Wooster »

Mumbles something about editing 3 or so posts...
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Plastecine
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:04 pm
Custom Title: Muhna muhna.
Location: Location, Location.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Plastecine »

Tinker wrote:What happened to Meekins and Gumshoe? And Maggey, in that case?


Spoiler:
Gumshoe quit the force.
Meekins appears as a running gag.
Maggey isn't mationed.

Careful. The Rules State MINIMALISTIC Answers.
-Wooster
I haven't been hit by a car, nobody's coming at me with a switchblade, the tectonic plates aren't splitting apart, and it isn't raining blood, so I guess this is a good day!
User avatar
RA Kaiparahbat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:27 pm
Custom Title: Ex Metu Veritas
Location: N. Ireland

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by RA Kaiparahbat »

Does this game follow the tradition of giving characters individual theme music, like GS3? (Mainly interested in the villains though.)
I-Object
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:59 pm
Custom Title: I came, I saw, I left
Location: England

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by I-Object »

Q: Why oh why would they make an Ace Attorney game without Phoenix Wright as the protagonist? He and Maya's conversations and one-liners make the game what it is!
Well, I'm sure it's still fun playing with a new guy.
Q2: Are there many DS-exclusive/Touch screen features implemented?
Q3: Is there a romance (or hints at one) between the new guy and the magician girl (a la Maya Fey / Phoenix )?

I've not played GS3, by the way.
But I'm still curious about 4.
Kit Merow
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm
Custom Title: Matt Engarde with Boobs
Location: Here~
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Kit Merow »

I-Object wrote:Q: Why oh why would they make an Ace Attorney game without Phoenix Wright as the protagonist? He and Maya's conversations and one-liners make the game what it is!
Well, I'm sure it's still fun playing with a new guy.
Q2: Are there many DS-exclusive/Touch screen features implemented?
Q3: Is there a romance (or hints at one) between the new guy and the magician girl (a la Maya Fey / Phoenix )?

I've not played GS3, by the way.
But I'm still curious about 4.


Spoiler: Q1
A change of pace! I dunno, it's been discussed in the forum before.


Spoiler: Q2
As far as I know, it's been put on par with Case 5 of Ace Attorney.


Spoiler: Q3
That would be a definate no. Unless- no, wait, they said minimalistic. *zips lips*
Signatures are inferior.
EricaP
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:31 am
Custom Title: Look at the location
Location: Look at the title

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by EricaP »

Spoiler:
Is Lana Skye mentioned? What kinds of females are there in the game"
I-Object
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:59 pm
Custom Title: I came, I saw, I left
Location: England

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by I-Object »

TheDarkArchon wrote:
Spoiler: "The reason why Q3 is answered..."
...a no: Minuki and Odoroki and half-siblings (Same mother, different fathers).


Ack, I didn't know that Ack
Spoiler: whoops with suggesting
incest

But I suppose that, not having played the game, you're not meant to know that.

Q4. Does anyone know any details about the DVD thingy that comes with the deluxe package thingy? Nick

And Dee Vasquez asked about Lana Skye about two posts above ^^^
Holy Hell
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4791
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm
Custom Title: stirring

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Holy Hell »

Spoiler: Lana Skye
So far, Ema hasn't even mentioned her.

Keep the Responces Minimalistic Folks
-Wooster
If you come across an older post of mine, sowwy
EricaP
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:31 am
Custom Title: Look at the location
Location: Look at the title

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by EricaP »

Spoiler:
What kinds of women are in the game?
Naila
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Naila »

Dee Vasquez wrote:What kinds of women are in the game?


If Mia Fay is considered normal...

Spoiler:
Only abnormal women are found in this one.
(Runs through the cases again)
Yes, they are either mentally corrupted, Having double-personalities, or having some extreme behavior/hobbies usually not found on regular people (Minuki, Ema...etc.)


The Brom Lady, despite her no-average appearance, is actually relatively
normal compare to others.
User avatar
MrLegend
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:49 am
Custom Title: Hidden secret Ema/Phoenix love!

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by MrLegend »

How long is

Spoiler:
The case within case 4? Does take all 2 or 3 days or is it very short?
UselessHippo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:19 am
Custom Title: Good sir!

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by UselessHippo »

Question: is there any mention of the Feys? At all?
Image
Naila
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Naila »

MrLegend wrote:How long is

Spoiler:
The case within case 4? Does take all 2 or 3 days or is it very short?




Spoiler:
2 days + 2 flashback periods about 2 days + 1 final day.


Question: is there any mention of the Feys? At all?
Spoiler:
No.
UselessHippo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:19 am
Custom Title: Good sir!

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by UselessHippo »

Spoiler:
It seems strange they would not even tell us what happened with Maya and Pearl.
I mean, I understand it's a new game, but people that important don't just 'disappear'.
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Wooster »

UselessHippo wrote:
Spoiler:
It seems strange they would not even tell us what happened with Maya and Pearl.
I mean, I understand it's a new game, but people that important don't just 'disappear'.



Spoiler: Responce to Absences
It's a new arc. They aren't obligated to bring anything back. Besides, it builds up anticipation for GS5
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Apeman1813
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 432
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:46 am
Custom Title: The Missing Link
Location: Florida, USA

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Apeman1813 »

Spoiler: case 4
I hear case 4 puts in the jury system... how does that work in the GS world?


Spoiler:
I hear there is a flshback case, do you play as Phoenix and how long is it?


Who returns and who is mentioned?

What's the deal with the Garyuu Wave? Do they play any role or connection to the cases? (Do I have to mark this? It was know they exsist before the game's release)

How's the Minuki system work? (This was already know before the game's release, but never explained really)

Umm... that's all for now
Last edited by Apeman1813 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nin10dude
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: Happy Happyist

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Nin10dude »

My question has spoilers in it, so...

Spoiler:
Since his badge was suspended, does the game make it seem like there's any chance of Phoenix returning as an attorney? Sorry if I'm being annoyingly literal with the word's definition, but... yeah.

Sorry if that's been asked, but I'm a little wary at looking through all the spoilers.
Image
User avatar
MrLegend
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:49 am
Custom Title: Hidden secret Ema/Phoenix love!

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by MrLegend »

Nin10dude wrote:My question has spoilers in it, so...

Spoiler:
Since his badge was suspended, does the game make it seem like there's any chance of Phoenix returning as an attorney? Sorry if I'm being annoyingly literal with the word's definition, but... yeah.

Sorry if that's been asked, but I'm a little wary at looking through all the spoilers.



Spoiler:
acording to the spoiler topic, yes.
AJ Bryant
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:40 pm
Custom Title: Now everyone, prepare for my next trick!

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by AJ Bryant »

Spoiler:
Is Phoenix's cell phone the same from GS1-2
I really need a new sig...
Impossible
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Impossible »

Spoiler:
So, the Feys and Edgeworth aren't mentioned at all? Damn, that sucks. I really would love to at LEAST find out what happened to them, even if they don't appear. Plus, Pearl is the perfect age to have a role in the new games, so hopefully she still shows up. And Edgeworth is NOT overused considering how great he is. Hell, he appears so little in JFA and AA3 that he really needed to come back.


Would there be any spoilers involved in explaining the Gumshoe thing, or is it just something we're told happens and that's it? Is he in the game?
Naila
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Naila »

Question: Is Phoenix's cell phone the same from GS1-2?

Spoiler:
It looks much better, but based in the color, style and feature I will say
it is still the same one. 3 D'ed this time.


Question:
Spoiler:
I hear there is a flashback case, do you play as Phoenix and how long is it?


Spoiler:
Quite long, about 2 days of chapter time.
Yes, you play as Phoenix./spoiler]

Question: Who returns and who is mentioned?
[spoiler=]Ema, Gumshoe and Meekins returned. Nobody is mentioned.


Question: What's the deal with the Garyuu Wave? Do they play any role or connection to the cases?
Spoiler:
Garyuu's band is directly involved with murder in Case 3.


Question:
Spoiler:
Would there be any spoilers involved in explaining the Gumshoe thing, or is it just something we're told happens and that's it? Is he in the game?


Spoiler:
I can confirm that Gumshoe is a witness in the game. He quit after that case. (This is incomplete information)
DingoEnderZOE2
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by DingoEnderZOE2 »

I know I only said one question but I just came up with another minor question I'd like to know...

Q.Does Phoenix ever take off that cap of his during the game at all so we can see if his hair is still spikey?
Naila
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:23 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Naila »

DingoEnderZOE2 wrote:Q.Does Phoenix ever take off that cap of his during the game at all so we can see if his hair is still spikey?


Spoiler:
As far as I know, no. Not even in the ending. And He wore it from April to October. Gregory
Blademaster_Orca
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:06 am
Custom Title: Master of sharp things!
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Blademaster_Orca »

DingoEnderZOE2 wrote:I know I only said one question but I just came up with another minor question I'd like to know...

Q.Does Phoenix ever take off that cap of his during the game at all so we can see if his hair is still spikey?


Spoiler:
You can tell his hair is still spikey just from looking at the hat. He has a large spike-shaped bulge sticking out of it, after all, and there are some sticking out of the bottom, too.
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Wooster »

People. This thread is for MINIMALISTIC Answers.

If you can't answer the question without saying anything more then DON'T say it.

If you have to EXPLAIN something then chances are you need to DOUBLE CHECK your post.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Impossible
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by Impossible »

Are the cases two court days long like in 2 and 3, or three days like the original?
rtsmarty
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 pm
Custom Title: Hi

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - FAQ Thread

Post by rtsmarty »

Q: Do they explain Odoroki's reasons for becoming a defense attorney?
Post Reply