Page 1 of 41
Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:05 am
by Robin Goodfellow
Pretty much the above, as well as (hopefully) a little description. Starting it off...
Angel & Demons: 8/10. Mostly because a) it managed to improve upon an average book by cutting away all the the superfluous parts and improving two characters a lot (mainly the Assassin) and b) managed to keep my interest most of the way. Also because...
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:29 am
by Jesswee
Robin Goodfellow wrote:Pretty much the above, as well as (hopefully) a little description. Starting it off...
Angel & Demons: 8/10. Mostly because a) it managed to improve upon an average book by cutting away all the the superfluous parts and improving two characters a lot (mainly the Assassin) and b) managed to keep my interest most of the way. Also because...
That was the last movie I saw as well. I hadn't heard of the book and wasn't that interested in seeing the movie, but I did enjoy it. The helicopter scene was gorgeous.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:50 am
by Marche Tobaye
The Outsiders: 8/10
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 am
by Tinker
Moonraker:
Jaws/10
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:52 pm
by NinjaMonkey
A Fist full of Dollars: 8.5/10 (even though pretty much every character's dialogue is dubbed over, seeing as it is a spaghetti western.)
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:57 pm
by SerialVER
Drop Dead Fred
L10L/10
Ok so toilet humor and Rik Mayell doing the only comedy he knows, as the only character he ever plays time and time again (excluding Young Ones) but this time it fitted the occasion and was funny.. old movie but damn good.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 pm
by DeMatador
UP
10/10
It recurred to some clichés, but it was touching, different, funny, and shows off Pixar's amazing talent. Excellent.
EDIT: Scrap that, 10/10.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:14 pm
by Lind
Does this only apply to the last movie we saw for the first time?
'Cause I just watched an old DVD, and... ah, what the hell, i'll rate it anyway.
Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heavens' Door:
10/10
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. And the TV show is even better, often.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 am
by Louise
SerialVER wrote:Drop Dead Fred
L10L/10
Ok so toilet humor and Rik Mayell doing the only comedy he knows, as the only character he ever plays time and time again (excluding Young Ones) but this time it fitted the occasion and was funny.. old movie but damn good.
One of my fave childhood films. I seriously love it. The face in the fridge still cracks me up. And the dog poo, oh the dog poo!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:27 am
by LySs
Year One
4/10
Got a few laughs out of it, but overall it was meh.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:36 am
by inu98756
Saw III - 10/10
i love the Saw series so that's a given :3
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:08 am
by Bad Player
What the $%#@ Do We Know? - lolwut/10
it's an ad for a scientology wannabe

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:47 am
by strawberriTOMATOE
*cough* Twilight *cough* I give it like, 6.5/10. Nothig like the book and they got sharkboy to play Jacob. FAIL.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:29 am
by Prosecutor von Karma
School for Scoundrels: 7.5/10
Not the best movie, but pretty good. It kept my interest.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:31 pm
by Zexion
Death Note, The last name: 8.5/10 (bought it on DVD recently) Why the rating? I love Death Note but they changed L's death completly...not as good as the first movie, but still pretyy good
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:53 pm
by dullahan1
UP 10/10
I have a soft spot for Pixar and this movie did not disappoint me overall.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:56 pm
by Claire
Doubt 9.5/10
One of the best drama films that I've ever seen.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:33 pm
by OuenTobaye
Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:14 pm
by Lind
OuenTobaye wrote:Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 pm
by silentxfilmstar
Ok, well, I saw these two movies the same day, so I'll rate them both.
Slumdog Millionaire-10/10
He's Just Not That Into You- 4.5/10
Ugh, I've grown so sick of romantic comedies. This movie was no different than any of the other romantic comedies I've seen...well, except for the fact that it was really long and boring than most. I felt no sympathy for any of the characters because I hated them all and they were extremely annoying. The whole movie was so predictable and cliche, I don't even know how I managed to watch the whole thing.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:29 am
by Jade
Mall Cop: 8.5/10
At the beginning, I repeatedly had the urge to go do something else because everything was predictable, but I sat through it for a few more minutes and I actually ended up laughing a lot... but this is also coming from the person who thought the new Pink Panther movies were hilarious when everyone around me thought it was stupid and predictable. Overall, it's got a bit of a slow start, but it's amusing and I actually didn't expect one of the twists in the story :o
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:38 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
Pokemon 4 Ever: 5/10
Standard adventure film for the kiddies, as well the expansion and introduction of legendaries in the colossal, unstoppable Pokemon franchise. Plot involves Celebi causing young Professor Oak to warp backwards through time to escape a Pokemon hunter, Ash and Co. meeting both, having fun in the sun, some Team Rocket dude trying to use Celebi's power to rule the world, and so on. For the record, the CG is pretty noticable and almost eye-catching but feels horribly out of place on a pencil-drawn background. There's also an extra Pikachu short available as a special feature. It includes, hide-and-seek and a sentient lawnmower run amok. I'll keep it at that and it's this short which makes the film. In fact, I'll change my rating to 10/10 just because of the short.
New rating: 10/10
Bottom line: If you don't feel a wave of nostalgia coming over you, UR DOIN IT RONG!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:45 am
by _Yoakin_
Martyrs - 8/10
Wow... that was a really tough movie to watch. Makes flicks like Hostel look like kindergarten. I felt quite depressed after watching it. Definitely a movie that's not for everyone, especially not minors. Gotta say, the whole plot resolution was interesting and disturbing at the same time. But Anna's stupidity made me cringe at times especially midway through the film. Hence only an 8 out of 10 from me. The French really know how to make great horror movies.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:53 pm
by Zexion
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:OuenTobaye wrote:Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
I definetly agree with Lind on this one, the movie was good overall but the anime was definetly superior.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
by Pickens
blackrose4920 wrote:Lind_L_Tailor wrote:OuenTobaye wrote:Death Note - Live Action Adaptation: 9/10
If it's enough to actually make me want to watch an anime, it's good.
After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
I definetly agree with Lind on this one, the movie was good overall but the anime was definetly superior.

I disagree.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:27 pm
by Lind
Pickens wrote:blackrose4920 wrote:Lind_L_Tailor wrote:After you've watched the anime, your rating will probably drop about 4 stars. The anime is far superior, although the film was by no means bad.
I definetly agree with Lind on this one, the movie was good overall but the anime was definetly superior.

I disagree.
Why?
Also, why the pic?
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:39 pm
by Zexion
Why do you disagree?
And what's with the picture of Light's mustache-less dad? (sorry, it would'nt let me qoute more than three things or something, IDK)
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:44 pm
by Pickens
The picture is because Takeshi Kaga improves the source material ten fold just by being in the movie.
But in all actuality, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, and everything seems to move at an unbearably slow pace. Also, from what I know about the ending, I'd have to say I like the movie's more.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 pm
by Lind
Pickens wrote:The picture is because Takeshi Kaga improves the source material ten fold just by being in the movie.
But in all actuality, I've only seen a few episodes of the show, and everything seems to move at an unbearably slow pace. Also, from what I know about the ending, I'd have to say I like the movie's more.
Frankly, you can't really make an accurate opinion just by having seen a few episodes.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:31 pm
by BlackJack
Death Note argument aside (I can't say anything since I've only seen the first Live-Action film and no anime), my reviews are some of the movies I've seen this summer:
Star Trek - 9/10
I have never seen any Star Trek films/episodes before this, and it was
still awesome. A fan-serving film that appeals to non-fans is made of epic win!
Death Note - 7/10
Once again, I haven't seen the anime for comparison, but this film showed me what a corrupt bastard Light/Kira is. And made me re-realize why L is the epitome of "BAMF" and why when I see him die in the anime I will feel compelled to destroy a day care center.
It loses points for being dubbed, which bothered me.
Terminator Salvation - 9/10 (1st View), 6/10 (2nd View)
At first, I thought this film was the coolest thing since Cheez Whiz, but on my second viewing I realized how laughable some of the scenes are. Like the old lady/gas station attack scene. It is teh lolz.
Christian Bale still kicks ass.
The Hangover - 8/10
I was hesitant to watch a comedy in theaters as comedies nowadays are so very hit-and-miss. But I was pleasantly surprised. Quotable dialogue and crazy humor make this movie a great watch. Stick around for the slide show.

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:04 pm
by Tinker
Coraline 7/10
Not as great as I expected, but still pretty good at being disturbing.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:30 pm
by dullahan1
Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 pm
by BlackJack
dullahan1 wrote:Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 pm
by Burninator
Up: 9.5/10
Definitely one of Pixar's best.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:17 pm
by Robin Goodfellow
BlackJack wrote:dullahan1 wrote:Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm
by BlackJack
Robin Goodfellow wrote:BlackJack wrote:dullahan1 wrote:Marley and Me. 9/10, the ending really got the waterworks going.
Except those damn Air Bud sequels.
THEY KEEP MAKING THEM!!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:50 am
by inu98756
Stuck
4.5/5
i was just flipping through channels when i saw this. this is such a weird movie. apparantly it's based on a true story.
here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dbkeGEsVPkbtw, the trailer makes the movie look like a comedy, but it's not.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:27 am
by messina
Garuda Di Dadaku (Eng: Garuda On My Chest)- 8.5/10
I LOVE this movie!!!! (yes its Indonesian) I like how it ends and the child actors are pretty good at acting. XD
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 am
by BlackJack
American History X - 9/10
A powerful story. First movie to make me cry in years. Proves once again why Edward Norton is one of the best actors in Hollywood.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:07 am
by kazzy
eagle eye: 8/10 beautiful car chase/blow up scenes, making me think he was dead but he wasn't, tedious in the beginning.
go, watch, NOW.