Page 1 of 20

The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:30 am
by CantFaketheFunk
Any doubts I had about the game not being up to the standards of 1 and 2 are thoroughly dispelled. Some annoying typos, though. Maybe we can ask Lost to have the Capcom guys do a re-proofreading? >_>


Luke Atmey and Ronnie DeLite... both of them... BRILLIANT. Atmey's dialogue in particular is spot-on PERFECT.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:31 am
by E~A
Yeah, I even laughed out loud more than when I played the fan translation.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:32 am
by Busterella
:D *Does the happy dance*

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:34 am
by CantFaketheFunk
One of the more unfortunate(ly hilarious) quotes in the game so far:


Spoiler: case 2
""Ever since I was a little boy, I've been interested in mysterious masked men!"

Oh, Ronnie...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:39 am
by Daramue
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Atmey's dialogue in particular is spot-on PERFECT.


I'm rather relieved to hear that. Luke is such a badass. :karma:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:01 am
by CantFaketheFunk
Showing Larry some portraits in the DeLite house gets some funny responses.

Spoiler: Case 2
*Present Pearl*

Larry: Oh! What a cutie!

Larry: Hey, Nick! So what's the deal between you and this girl?

Maya: Hey! That's my cousin! Her name is Pearl Fey.

Larry: Pearl, huh... too bad.

Larry: Never date two girls with the same name... That's one rule I can't break.

Phoenix: (...I'd think the fact that she's only 9 years old would break some rule somewhere!)



Also:

*Present Adrian*

Larry: WHOA! WHO is this! Come on, man, don't hold out on me!

Phoenix: Forget about it. It's on a need to know basis and you don't need to kn--

Larry: Hey now! I thought we were pals!

Larry: I got a MAJOR thing for girls with black sleeveless shirts and glasses!

Phoenix: How do you know that!?

Larry: And if they have an orange-colored memo pad, I really lose my cool!

Phoenix: (He has to be making that up... He can't really know Adrian... Can he...?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:06 am
by CantFaketheFunk
....wow. Larry just said that he'd been dating a girl named 'Bennifer.' I can't figure out if that's a typo for Jennifer, or is a dig at both the media "Bennifer" couple and that Larry dates girls with strange names >_>

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:08 am
by Busterella
Someone mentioned another girl named "Katty Tom" so yeah, it's a dig. XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:17 am
by Kat_Aclysm
Haaha!! That top quote with Phoenix's thoughts on Pearl are absolutely priceless X3 I laughed there.

Oh gods, you have me wired up for this game now. I preordered it, but I live in Australia and it will probably take a bit longer for them to get my copy out to me. =( Damn International Mail.

Thanks for sharing these. If you want to type up anything else you're finding funny, please do. =D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 am
by CantFaketheFunk
Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:24 am
by Bolt Storm
I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.

EDIT:

GODOT

GODOT

YES YES YES

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:30 am
by CantFaketheFunk
Speaking of Godot, the entire conversation with Luke Atmey about him is AWESOME. And the fact that it has this line in it just rocks my socks:

"Not surprising.... Some people spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearance."


(YES. FUCK YES. SAMUEL BECKETT IS HAPPY IN HIS GRAVE.)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:33 am
by Bolt Storm
:judge: : Well, Prosecutor Godot? Your thoughts on this...?

:godot: : This coffee is my own special blend. I call it Godot #107.

:godot: : I'm trying to decide whether to cut down on the acidity or the bitterness...

:godot: : That's the only thing I've got on my mind right now... ...Mr. Trite.

EDIT: O LAWD EVEN THE JUDGE GOT SOME GOOD LINES.

:phoenix: : The problem I have is here... with the broach on his chest.

:judge: : A Breach? Here? Bailiff! Get my steed! We need to retreat at once!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:36 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
OMG XD

These are some of the funniest quotes I've ever heard. Damn! I can't wait for T&T to arrive at my house.

Although...something tells me that I'll be stuck on 3-2 for a week like I was with 2-2. >_> <_<

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:37 am
by dmacmattack
:aiga: : Elementary my dear lawyer.
:phoenix: I love her mini omelettes they're magically delicious.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:44 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
dmacmattack wrote::aiga: : Elementary my dear lawyer.
:phoenix: I love her mini omelettes they're magically delicious.


It's decided! As of now, I will forever and always love T&T. :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:47 am
by CantFaketheFunk
OK, we should start putting these into spoiler tags.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:48 am
by Poltergust
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:50 am
by Busterella
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes.

ILU, Capcom translation team. <3

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:52 am
by E~A
Can someone post the funny quote about the judge thinking it was an electricity gun in the first trial?

Larry Butz = FUCKING WIN! :larry2: :larry2: :larry2:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:00 am
by Sh1n1 ZE FIER
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD


You, sir, have just made my day. *immediately sigs quote*

...What does that even mean?! XD

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:20 am
by ichigo
I can't wait till october to get this game and the localization seems perfect (including Luke's billiant dialogue).

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:22 am
by dmacmattack
:sadshoe: He's a real ice man, a maverick.
(describing godot)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:25 am
by TheDarkArchon
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes, and it put /v/'s collective knickers in a knot.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:28 am
by Kat_Aclysm
I have something to share that you may enjoy.

Spoiler: Pedobear? In my Phoenix Wright?
It's more likely thank you think.
Image

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:44 am
by E~A
Here's a funny one from Case 2 that I liked.

Spoiler:
Atmey: My opponent was both powerful and vicious, you can say he was Powericious"

Phoenix: P-Powericious?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:47 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
It's official: Atmey is Redd White in disguise!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:51 am
by Daramue
Sh1n1 ZE FIER wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD


You, sir, have just made my day. *immediately sigs quote*

...What does that even mean?! XD


It doesn't matter. Luke is so kickass, he himself doesn't even know what he's talking about. In my newer signature, I'm totally using that quote, because it's the best damn thing ever. Reason alone to play this game, actually. :karma:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:52 am
by Bolt Storm
TheDarkArchon wrote:
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes, and it put /v/'s collective knickers in a knot.


Kat_Aclysm wrote:I have something to share that you may enjoy.

Spoiler: Pedobear? In my Phoenix Wright?
It's more likely thank you think.
Image


Just how many /v/irgins do we have here? :keiko:

*was around for said thread*

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:09 am
by Kat_Aclysm
Haha that thread was awesome. :gant: I wouldnt be surprised if half the board was part of the anonymous legion. Anonymous is everywhere, yo.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:18 am
by Yokusa
These Quotes= Win :gant:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:01 am
by Trabztress
RIGHT THAT'S IT I HAVE TO IMPORT!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread= <3 + EPIC WIN!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:06 pm
by Happiness Punch!
That's it, Aiga might turn into one of my favorite characters.

Uno Questione: What is Godot's catchphrase? That's my rule?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:10 pm
by SirLauncelot
Sh1n1 ZE FIER wrote:
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Also, I have no idea what he's trying to say (haven't moved on yet) but this Luke Atmey line:

"Shall we say the figurative Sir William will be dropping his panties before lunchtime."


I don't know what that means, but it's hilarious and just Luke's entire presentation kicks ass XD


You, sir, have just made my day. *immediately sigs quote*

...What does that even mean?! XD


I think it's just a reference to Monty Python. Have a look at this video. There's a line at around 2:23 with words 'Sir William', 'drop panties' and 'until lunchtime'. It would probably be best to watch the whole thing to get the hang of it.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:23 pm
by Yuu-chan
OMG
My love for Aiga-chan has grown EXPONENTIALLY.
-Rolls about in fangirly joy-

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:54 pm
by dmacmattack
:aiga::A fool is too foolish to know that he is a fool.

Where have I heard that before?

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:06 pm
by Sai-Chan
Mia: That P on his chest doesn't stand for Phoenix anyway!

Oh god this quote made me die.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:31 pm
by Guess_Who
All of case 2 is awesome. That is all.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:42 pm
by Cheeseweasel
I'm a bit miffed they didn't play on the name 'Luke Atmey'. However, the following dialogue (Ace Assistant, Ace Apprentice) was slightly funny.

And I only just realised how attractive Ms. Amasugi DeLite is.
AND whenever I'm mapping stuff out in my head, I always call GS3-only characters by their Japanese names out of habit, despite not reading nor speaking Japanese.

At present, I've

Spoiler: minor GS3 stuff, NOT (really) PLOT RELATED
just given the letter to Yuusaku and calmed down Pearl and stuff. Now Maya and I are out lookin' for clues but haven't found anything. :(

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:49 pm
by Mikker
Pedo Bear reference.

In a video game.

What has the world come to? :meekins: