Page 1 of 1

Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:59 am
by in1tiate
In my fruitless attempts to revive the Sprite board, I will post my sprites here.
Credit Rules
Unless I say otherwise, please credit me for any sprites you may use. This includes 3D model rips.
If the sprite lists someone else's base/contributions, please follow their credit rules as well. I don't want any sprite theft accusations around here - if I use someone's base/edit someone's sprites I'll say so.

Aside from that, I don't care what you do with these, nor can I control what you do with them even if I did care. Just be respectful.

(It'd be cool if you let me know about using them in a fan-case, though, because I'd love to see that.)
Canon Character Stuff
Spoiler: Concept art Gumshoe
Image
Based on official concept art. I might make more sprites for him, but for now this is the only one.
Parts used: Young Gumshoe base, EdgeworthWit's waistcoat.
Spoiler: Small Edits
ManfredAAI Finger Waggle
Image Image Image
He does do this animation in AAI, but he only does it in the form of a minisprite.
Parts used: ManfredAAI base, Young EdgeworthAAI's arm

Youngshoe head-scratch animation
Image
This was really annoying to make and I'm pretty sure it's been done before, but whatever. It's not perfect but it's good enough in my book.
Parts used: Gumshoe's head-scratch animation, youngshoe's palette, my sanity
Spoiler: Marshall
ImageImage
Marshall stopped touching his hat for ten seconds. Alternatively, he has no arms. I've heard both.
ImageImage
A certain bodyguard seems to have lent Marshall his gun. However...
Image
...Marshall isn't exactly an expert in firearm safety.
Image
You may have noticed that Marshall's damage doesn't extend down to the whole screen! This fixes that.
Image
And lastly, someone's poisoned the water hole.
Album:
https://imgur.com/a/RNitXmw
Parts used: Marshall base, Knightley's gun, Godot's spitting animation.
Part 2
Image
For some reason, basically every (a) for Marshall's shaving pose that you can find online is actually incorrect. I went through some footage of the game and corrected it, and here's the result.
Image
M'bambina.
Image Image
This was probably the easiest splice out of all the ones I did for Marshall.
Image Image Image
Okay, so the pre and the (a) are technically not mine - they're unused in-game. The (b), however, IS mine.
Parts used: Only the Marshall base this time.
Album
Special Cases
These sprites have been made using another user's base or are edits of their sprites. Please follow the outlined credit rules for each instance.
Spoiler: Buddy Faith Re-Edits
Having been given Fenrir's permission, I now feel comfortable posting these. When using these please credit me, FenrirDarkWolf, and Zinle.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Album
Parts used: Fenrir & Zinle's Buddy as a base, Larry's arms
Resources/Graphics
Spoiler: Graphic rips
Most of these are ripped via Desmume on the Japanese DS version. You don't need to credit me for these.

New Game button startup animation
Image
New Game select animation
Image
Complete Unlock Successful animation
Image
Spoiler: Psyche-Locks - Preview & Download links
Image Image
Main download link:
MediaFire [Updated 4/12/2019]
Backups (I know how often filehosts go down :payne: )
Zippyshare [Updated 4/12/2019] (Fair warning, this site is absolutely awful without an adblocker.)
MEGA (not Megaupload, RIP) [Updated 4/12/2019]
If ALL of them are down, leave a message in this thread and I'll rehost it when I can.
Spoiler: 3D character rips
Image
Default [Download links updated 4/25/2019]
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA
Image
Furio [Download links updated 4/25/2019]
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA
Image
Date Masamune
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA
Image
Miles Edgeworth (SOJ Wit)
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA
Image
Nahyuta (Wit position) (Warning - Large GIFs)
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA
Same deal as with the locks. Let me know if the links go down and I'll reupload them.
Spoiler: Old thread
heyo boyos.

I make shout bubbles. If you want one hit me up in this thread.
Empty bubble is from DD. Font used is MapleRose's.
Note: animated bubbles take longer to make so please be gentle

Don't Move!
Image
Bullseye!
Image
Manfred's Objuction
Image
So zetta slow!
Image
Objection, pal!
Image
Hold it, pal!
Image
Take that, pal!
Image
Blank shout bubble
Image
Album of letters, cut out
https://imgur.com/a/f2na2QA

Re: devnull's bubbles

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am
by neutchao
who dis

Re: devnull's bubbles

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:30 pm
by PhosphorousLaw
Can you make an "Objection, your honor!" Bubble? And a "Aha!" Bubble?

Re: devnull's bubbles

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:29 pm
by in1tiate
PhosphorousLaw wrote:Can you make an "Objection, your honor!" Bubble? And a "Aha!" Bubble?
Boy do I feel bad for making you wait this long. :nick-sweat:

"Objection, your honor!" is a little too wordy for a shout bubble, unfortunately. I tried to get it to work and couldn't - you're welcome to try it yourself, though!

As for "Aha!":

Image

Here you go :D

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:48 am
by in1tiate
Updated topic.

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:56 pm
by in1tiate
Oh boy, edits! Looking at everyone's favorite Wild West patrolman, Jake Marshall.
Spoiler: Marshall
ImageImage
Marshall stopped touching his hat for ten seconds. Alternatively, he has no arms. I've heard both.
ImageImage
A certain bodyguard seems to have lent Marshall his gun. However...
Image
...Marshall isn't exactly an expert in firearm safety.
Image
You may have noticed that Marshall's damage doesn't extend down to the whole screen! This fixes that.
Image
And lastly, someone's poisoned the water hole.
Album:
https://imgur.com/a/RNitXmw

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:54 pm
by SuperAj3
Ooh I saw these on discord!
Nice work!

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:41 pm
by in1tiate
Actually did this awhile ago, but I hadn't posted it anywhere yet. Psyche-Locks!
Fair warning - these were assembled for AO2, and as such are in that format. Also, the background chains aren't animated - I couldn't find a sheet, sorry :sadshoe:
-snip-
Check the main post for the most up-to-date links.

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 pm
by SuperAj3
Ooh these are so useful! Awesome work!

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:50 am
by Lind
Holy heckus that's highly handy. Thanks!

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:29 am
by in1tiate
SuperAj3 wrote:Ooh these are so useful! Awesome work!
Lind wrote:Holy heckus that's highly handy. Thanks!
Thank you. They took me forever, not the least of which because I kept falling asleep. I didn't teach myself Photoshop scripting until after I did these, and they were all off by one pixel. Guess who moved them all frame-by-frame, manually :meekins:

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:59 am
by in1tiate
Updated thread. Still unsure about the "re-edits," I can take them down if that turns out to be not okay.

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:27 am
by SuperAj3
Initiate wrote:Updated thread. Still unsure about the "re-edits," I can take them down if that turns out to be not okay.
Provided Fen gave you permission it should be OK. Probably best to ask first before posting though

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:13 am
by in1tiate
SuperAj3 wrote:
Initiate wrote:Updated thread. Still unsure about the "re-edits," I can take them down if that turns out to be not okay.
Provided Fen gave you permission it should be OK. Probably best to ask first before posting though
Gah, knew I forgot something. Removed the sprites pending approval.

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:37 pm
by AJtheprogrammer
These are so good!

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:20 pm
by in1tiate
Updating again, though I've actually been updating silently for a while now. Most importantly for this update is that I've redone the Psyche-Locks, so they shouldn't flip themselves for no reason anymore. If you previously downloaded them, you should get the new ones because I promise they're better.
Anyway, onto the sprites, and there's not just a huge amount of them.

First off, some more stuff for Marshall:
Spoiler: The Cowboy Guy Part 2
Part 2
Image
For some reason, basically every (a) for Marshall's shaving pose that you can find online is actually incorrect. I went through some footage of the game and corrected it, and here's the result.
Image
M'bambina.
Image Image
This was probably the easiest splice out of all the ones I did for Marshall.
Image Image Image
Okay, so the pre and the (a) are technically not mine - they're unused in-game. The (b), however, IS mine.
Parts used: Only the Marshall base this time.
Album
And a few little edits:
Spoiler: Small Edits
ManfredAAI Finger Waggle
Image Image Image
He does do this animation in AAI, but he only does it in the form of a minisprite.
Parts used: ManfredAAI base, Young EdgeworthAAI's arm

Youngshoe head-scratch animation
Image
This was really annoying to make and I'm pretty sure it's been done before, but whatever. It's not perfect but it's good enough in my book.
Parts used: Gumshoe's head-scratch animation, youngshoe's palette, my sanity

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:57 pm
by in1tiate
Surprise! I now know how to rip animations from models via 3ds Max. Here's one that was pretty fun to do as a first project, pretty simple: Phoenix's front-facing animations from SOJ, complete with Furio variation!
-snip!-
Check the main post for the most up-to-date links!

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 am
by SuperAj3
And with this, you have ascended to god-like status
Awesome work!

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:43 pm
by Lind
These are amazing and I love them.

Is it possible to rip them in 3DS resolution as well for video purposes?

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 am
by in1tiate
Lind wrote: Is it possible to rip them in 3DS resolution as well for video purposes?
Yes, and there are a few options.
The raw AVI files are here (Phoenix, Furio), I use Fusion 9 to remove the black backgrounds and such using the ChromaKey tool. If you need the preset I use, I can send that too.

Alternatively, I can rip them in 3DS res myself but it'll take awhile 'cause I've got some other rips to finish first.

Re: Initiate's sprites

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm
by in1tiate
Finished up the Phoenix SOJ forward-facing emotes with the Japan-exclusive Sengoku BASARA DLC costume!
Spoiler: Preview & download
Image
Date Masamune
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA
And just for giggles, here's the AVI files I used.

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:40 pm
by in1tiate
New rip out, pretty small one this time.
Spoiler: Edgeworth SOJ Wit
Image
Miles Edgeworth (SOJ Wit)
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:33 pm
by in1tiate
This caused me immense physical pain, in a purely metaphorical sense.

Here you are, His Holiness:
Image
Nahyuta (Wit position) (Warning - Large GIFs)
Main download link:
MediaFire
Alternate link:
MEGA

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:25 pm
by Frechi
Ooh, these are all really good! I think the Pal thought bubbles are hilarious - if only Gumshoe did that in game :P

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 am
by in1tiate
Frechi wrote:Ooh, these are all really good! I think the Pal thought bubbles are hilarious - if only Gumshoe did that in game :P
Funny you mention those - I made them for an AO server I was active in at the time that had fanmade voicelines saying exactly that. I've been looking around but I haven't been able to figure out who made them or where they came from. I also made new versions of them later on that I never got around to uploading:
ImageImageImage
I would upload the voice lines themselves, but as I said I have no idea who made them and so I'm not comfortable hosting them myself.

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:16 am
by in1tiate
Oh dear. I haven't updated this thread in a while, have I? That's no good. Well, here's a brief rundown of what I've been up to.
The Ripping Resource - Partnership
I'm very pleased to announce that I've partnered with The Ripping Resource - a site dedicated to providing high-quality assets from the Ace Attorney series. So far I've managed to rip Bobby Fulbright along with - drumroll please - the Phantom! For the first time ever, the Phantom has been fully ripped. I've ripped more than just him, but those rips aren't on the site yet so I won't spoil ;)
Sprite Edits
I've done quite a few edits since I last updated. Some of them are edits of other people's sprites, and I've credited those accordingly.

Godot - Counsel
Image
I'm aware this has been done before, but I like to think I did it better. These are all 100% by me, using only official sprites as a base.
Album

Phoenix Wright - Front-Facing (VirtAnderson edits)
Image
These are edits from a base by VirtAnderson. I'm pretty sure I got the sheepish face from another sprite too, but I absolutely cannot find the source for it. I'll update the thread if/when I do.
[Update: I found them! Some parts of my set are based on parts of this set by Saishan on Tumblr.]
Album

Phoenix Wright (DD Edit) - Front-Facing (VirtAnderson edits)
Image
These are the same edits as above, but in the DD costume. These are inspired by (and take colors from) the set by Sligneris.
Album

Athena Cykes Punch Preanim (Raijin edit)
Image
I felt the Athena set had potential but needed some motion, so I made this using Raijin's emote as a base. I believe I used some of the rest of the set for bits of Athena's head and hair, but the arms are (as far as I remember) my own work. The animation is also mine.

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:27 am
by SuperAj3
Initiate wrote:The Ripping Resource - Partnership
I'm very pleased to announce that I've partnered with The Ripping Resource - a site dedicated to providing high-quality assets from the Ace Attorney series. So far I've managed to rip Bobby Fulbright along with - drumroll please - the Phantom! For the first time ever, the Phantom has been fully ripped. I've ripped more than just him, but those rips aren't on the site yet so I won't spoil ;)
Nice to know this exists! There have been lots of rips/ animations done for DD/SoJ but they're scattered around the internet. Hopefully this becomes a complete collection!

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 am
by Frechi
Looks like Athena and Pearl are going to be punch buddies :athena: :pearl:

Re: Initiate's sprites (and rips!)

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 pm
by WoweMain
Wow! That's really impressive, your sprites look pretty much the same as the original sprites! Nice work!