Page 1 of 3

Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:55 am
by Ace Prosecutor
What character do you dislike the most?

I disklike...Hm....I dont know....I thought Melissa was annoying but later she wasn't bad at all....I'm thinking...

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:05 am
by kryptonite
Jeff definitely. Martin is #2... :hyde:

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:13 am
by Wooster
That's the problem with this game, the characters are abnormally awesome, and deep.

... Though, I'd have to say Dr. Wormwood wasn't high on my list. I honestly couldn't stand conversations with him... but it was in an awesome way. He really added to the realism and dynamics of the characters that populated the hotel... XD I just still don't like him and his facial hair.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:23 am
by Immortal FeatherLLS
Rosa, hands down. Did not like her at all with her huge mouth, dreaded seeing her when something was going down. She got me kicked outta the hotel just because she didn't get what she wanted. - -

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:56 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
Wooster wrote:That's the problem with this game, the characters are abnormally awesome, and deep.

... Though, I'd have to say Dr. Wormwood wasn't high on my list. I honestly couldn't stand conversations with him... but it was in an awesome way. He really added to the realism and dynamics of the characters that populated the hotel... XD I just still don't like him and his facial hair.


Who?

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 am
by Mikenno
I'd have to actually go with Kevin Woodward. He was kind of an asshat, and never really changed.

HOW CAN YOU NOT CHANGE WITH KYLE HYDE LECTURE/VIOLET SKY?

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:51 am
by BigFish
Jeff for sure. His screaming was practically up to par with Ron DeLite.

Spoiler: Just to be safe...
- :accordion-head: SEARCH EVERYONE'S ROOMS NOW PLEEEEEEEAAASSEEEE!!!

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:11 am
by Mr. Bear Jew
Hm, my least favorite is Martin. Fat, whiny, momma's boy who uses big speech and a fake identity to compensate for the lack of his own. Even at the end of the game, he's still using his unnecessasrily large vocabulary to say so much as "goodbye" to Kyle.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:46 am
by GearsoftheApparatus
All the characters were fantastic, and any initial qualms I had with them were well sorted later in the game.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:57 am
by Ryu
:hobohodo: I see no characters to be hated.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:04 pm
by VioletBlu
I loved all of the characters. They hall had issues, and they were fine and quite nice after they had someone to talk to... But the most annoying was Melissa! BUT THAT'S WHAT MAKES HER MY FAVE. Hehe :edgy:
I just can't hate any of them. They all have personalities... You just can't fully hate them...

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:31 pm
by Wocky Kitaki
None. All of them are awesome.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:57 pm
by Graph
Umm... Drawing a blank on his name (Martin Summers, I think)...

But, I HATE the writer guy. He gives our kind a bad name.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:05 pm
by Mr. Bear Jew
GearsoftheApparatus wrote:All the characters were fantastic, and any initial qualms I had with them were well sorted later in the game.


Same here.

Except for Martin.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:38 pm
by Alien Angel
I loved them all except Martin he annoyed me and creeped me out very much.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:44 am
by Lauren Order
During the game, I hated Dunning. That was because whenever I did anything wrong, like a bad response or if I just walked past him, he would say, "Get out, before I kick you out!" Basically, whenever I saw him, it was Game Over. But now I think he was just put on edge most of the time because of his past, and that's why he was easily angered.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:49 pm
by Ultimate Prosecutor
All were good, but Dunning did annoy me at times...

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:17 pm
by Happiness Punch!
Summer.

He creeped me out.

If I didn't read Croik's original WHAT A!? site before playing Hotel Dusk, I bet I wouldn't have gone around thinking "lolol he can be a pedophile" while playing it... >_>

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:15 pm
by xylophone220
Jeff. Martin.
And yes, I'm going to admit it. Louis Louis Louis Dx

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:57 pm
by Alien Angel
xylophone220 wrote:Jeff. Martin.
And yes, I'm going to admit it. Louis Louis Louis Dx

*gasp* D:

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:06 am
by mario2000
I thought Jeff was a dick at first, but he eventually came around.

Martin Summer was pretty annoying.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:35 am
by Ryu
Hmm, not really hate... just mak'n some :grey:

Image

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:33 am
by Arei
I started to un-hate Kevin Wormwood for awhile, but he's still a jackass XP

Martin Summers is just some George Lucas wannabe X_X He's a prick.

My least favorite character is probably Jeff XP Stupid little punk.

And I love Dunning, yet I hate him for always kicking me out of the hotel XP

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 pm
by Mikenno
Arei wrote:Martin Summers is just some George Lucas wannabe X_X He's a prick.


Really? My fiancee and I were calling him Fat Steven Spielberg...

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:14 pm
by Arei
OH LORD XD


That works even better. Though the person Summers looks like the most is that prick Michael Moore >___>

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:46 am
by Mia_Fey
A bunch of the characters pissed me off at the start, but most of them grew on me. The only ones who really didn't were Martin and Kevin.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:47 pm
by Nego
Wooster wrote:That's the problem with this game, the characters are abnormally awesome, and deep.

Ditto. I can't relly say any character would have annoyed me. Not even Louie or Wormwood or Summer-boy or Emo-Angel.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 am
by Angelix
Martin Summers can stick his literature where the sun don't shine for all I care.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:46 pm
by tenshi_no_kioku
Foir me, it was more...
Who DID I like?

I'll have to say that Summer, Rosa, and Kyle are up there on my hate list.

YOU HEARD ME! I HATE KYLE HYDE!!!
There. I said it.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:56 pm
by Lauren Order
That's interesting, because I happen to hate Louie. Except when he saved me from suffocating. Gotta give him that much.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:57 pm
by Vony
Dunning Smith.


You ALWAYS had to be careful around him! Actually... most of the time, not ALL the time...


But he was always kicking me out of the Hotel! And I found it awfully annoying how I'd go through all the trouble of putting everything I don't want Dunning to see in my suitcase, only to find he doesn't want me carrying around that connect-the-dots-memo thing! :beef:


Yeah, I pretty much liked all the other characters. Except for Rosa, that is. She always asks for things. Like, the whole "find the label" thing was ridiculous! And how she wants you to get Summer's autograph. D:

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:17 am
by RazeTora
Summers, just because he's radiates this aura of hate-able-ness.
And Dunning. Uber-paranoid Dunning.
"Who's Jenny?"
"GET TEH FUKS OUTTA MAH HOTEL NAO!"
He reminds me of one of my ex-friends. ANYTHING could have her pissed or suspicious.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:30 am
by Android 21 3/7
Dunning.

"Hi! Know anyone named Jenny?"
"OUT!"

"So anything happen on December 10(orwhateverthedatewas)?"
"OUT!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MILA AT SUCH A LATE HOUR?! OUT OUT OUT!!!"
"WHAT?! BUT ROSA ASKED ME TO ESCORT HER!!!"

And Iris. She's just so presumptuous.
"I told the hotel manager not to let anyone into the rooms next to mine!"
HELLO! It's a HOTEL!

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:34 pm
by DramaticaXIV2
Martin.

Anyone wondering: I lurk now.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:12 am
by Knoxer
Iris.


Now this was hard because I didn't HATE anyone, just I found Iris to be an in the way character and they could have done more with her. She was just kinda... "Eh" to me.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:18 pm
by protoshio
jeff, i hated that guy.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:01 pm
by Leah.Ninja.
#1 MARTIN ALL THE WAY
#2 Jeff
#3 Iris

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:48 pm
by kristophlover967
Mila was annoying, because I couldn't get a word out of her.
Spoiler: end of game
But that obviously all changed, and of course I was quite surprised that she could talk... it felt weird.


DeNonno at first, but I grew to love him. I hate it when everyone tries to hide things. Honesty ftw imo.

Angel - he's a douche.

Summers - just ugh. Some crazy writer.

It all fit perfectly together, though. I love Hotel Dusk as a whole.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:49 pm
by Anders
Jeff annoyed me just because he made it a point to be such a jackass, and once you break him he just sorta goes away and becomes inconsequential.

My second least favorite is probably Iris, though that's just because I wanted her and Kyle to flirt more. :hotti: I don't recall her ever really warming up to anybody.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:35 pm
by Wrestler Hatman
Mr. Bear wrote:Hm, my least favorite is Martin. Fat, whiny, momma's boy who uses big speech and a fake identity to compensate for the lack of his own. Even at the end of the game, he's still using his unnecessasrily large vocabulary to say so much as "goodbye" to Kyle.

I find it funny you consider he has a fake identity when he has the academical background to pull off such a stunt. The only lie he peddled was his betrayal towards his friend and his larceny of his alleged first manuscript.

Have I annoyed you yet?