Night Two => Day Three
Day Three => Night Three
Night Three => Day Four
Day Four => Night Four
END

Basic Rules wrote:
GM: Genodragon1 (aka Ami)
Phase Lengths: 24:00 Night, 48:00 Day
Phase Change Times: 9:00 PM EST. (Save on certain days where it'll be 10 PM EST, I'll inform you ahead of time)
Communication Allowed: Thread only (Mafia may make a quicktopic and communicate via PM's). All players may PM the game master (me) with game questions.
Role Ratio: For every 4 players... 3 Town:1 Mafioso. For every 4 townies, 3 vanilla:1 roled. There will always be at least one roled mafioso. For every second mafioso after the first, one mafia role will be added (i.e. 1st Roled, 2nd Vanilla, 3rd Roled, 4th Vanilla). If there are 15 or more players, the 15th will be a third party.
Hidden Roles: No
Hidden Mechanics: No
B-mod round: No
Victory Conditions: See "special mechanics".

Game Info:
  • Voting will be plurality lynch. Whoever was first to receive the most votes will be lynched in the event of a deadlock. For example, if Player A has 5 votes first, and Player B has 5 votes, Player A gets lynched. If someone voting for Player A unvotes, but then revotes player A, Player B will be lynched.
  • Uses of powers stack. For example, if someone gets docced once and shot twice in one phase, they will die. If they get docced twice and shot twice in one phase, they will live.
  • Powers aren't usable night 0 unless specifically noted.
  • Don’t talk to dead players (about the game until it's over).

Player Roster:

Living Players: 6/7
1. Pierre
2. sumguy28
3. Cold52
4. Franzise Deauxnim Killed Night Two. Revived Night Three.
5. cesar21600 Lynched Day Three.
6. JesusMonroe
7. BlueJaythePirate Lynched Day One. Revived Night Two.

Subs: 0

Special Mechanics:

Spoiler:
- All special roles will be drawn from a pool of possible roles.

- The mafia must vote on who to hit, and who in the mafia carries out the hit. The decision will be made by majority. A vote will only be counted if there is both an assassin and a victim chosen.

- No roles or affiliations will be revealed upon death, unless a power specifically enables it.

- In this game, not only is loss possible for any factions, but it is possible for ALL factions to lose, thus ending in a tie.

- Any player may publicly declare victory for their faction at any time. To declare victory, post "MY FACTION WINS" like you would a vote. It will only be counted if it is truthful. Beware declaring victory, as there are conditions... read on! NOTE: the game will continue as normal until either victory is successfully declared or all factions lose!

- Mafia victory must be publicly declared before victory is given. If the mafia has numbers equal to or greater than the town (and third party, if present), a mafioso must post to that effect during the phase their victory would become assured. Failure to do so will result in the death of a mafioso chosen at random at the end of the phase. Prematurely declaring victory will also result in the death of the mafioso whom falsely declared victory. Inability for any player in the faction to declare victory results in a loss by default. Losing all mafiosi results in a loss.
Example: In a day phase where 2 to 3 townies and 1 mafioso left remaining, the last mafioso must declare victory at some point during that day phase to attain victory. This could be as done as late as the final minute, just as long as it's done before the phase change time.

- Town victory must also be publicly declared before victory is given. Otherwise, the game will continue until victory is rightly declared or there is only one to two players left. The Town wins when all other factions are entirely wiped out. Declaring victory while another faction has living players will result in the death of the townie that declared victory unjustly. If there is only one townie left alive, the town will lose by default. Mafia victory results in a loss for the Town. Inability for any player in the faction to declare victory results in a loss by default.
Example: Any phase after the last mafioso (or possible third party) dies, any townie may declare victory to win.

- In this game type, any No Lynch cannot be followed by another No Lynch. There must be at least one lynch between two No Lynches. If the town does not lynch the day following a No Lynch, this results in the automatic forfeiture of the town. The same goes for hit requests, as well. There cannot be two nights in a row with no hit requests. Failure to comply with the hit request rule results in automatic forfeiture of the mafia.

Possible Town Roles:

Spoiler:
- Diego Armando/Godot: If hit, Diego Armando joins the mafia as "Godot" instead of dying. The night result for the hit will be "No one died during the night.", just as if the hit was unsuccessful or the hit was blocked. Godot comes with a separate hit request that may be used so long as the game isn't in MYLO or LYLO. Post-defection Godot isn't able to be revived once dead.

- Larry Butz: Every night phase, Larry may investigate another player. The accuracy of these investigations is determined at the beginning of the game, and Larry is not informed of his level of accuracy. The levels of accuracy are 100% (always accurate), 50% (alternates between accurate and inaccurate starting with one chosen at random), 0% (all investigations are the opposite of what is true: thus, inaccurate), -50% (all investigations return with a "town" result), -100% (all investigations return with a "mafia" result), or -9001% (Larry dies during his investigation... of himself. His result is posted on the thread).

- Sister Bikini: Every night phase, you may be able to revive a dead player (regardless of faction). However, you cannot revive someone you have already revived before, and cannot revive yourself.

- Damon Gant: Every night phase, you may hit a player as you would as mafia. Hitting a non-vanilla player results in your death as well, however.

- Bandaged Apollo: You count as two townies as far as the mafia win condition is concerned. You can never declare victory. As long as you are alive, any attempt made by the town to declare victory results in failure.

- Romein LaTouse: You are not told that you are Romein LaTouse, only that you are a protection role. Every night phase, you may protect another player from death- at the cost of your own life.

- Wendy Oldbag: You are not told that you are Wendy Oldbag, only that you are a protection role. Every night phase, you may protect another player from death. However, if that target player tries to activate any power, they will not get any results.

- Adrian Andrews: You are not told that you are Adrian Andrews, only that you are a protection role. Every night phase, you may protect another player from death. However, if you happen to target Franziska von Karma, both Adrian and Franziska will be removed from the game and declared victors. If Franziska von Karma dies at any point in the game, so does Adrian (both being unable to be revived). If Adrian is removed in this manner, she cannot be revived.

- Franziska von Karma: Every night phase, you may target another player. That player isn't able to use players or use hit requests for that night. Targeting the same player twice in a game results in that player's role being taken and replaced with a vanilla role- at the cost of Franziska's ability to use her power. If Franziska ever targets Adrian Andrews, Adrian dies and Franziska will be removed from the game, both losing. If Franziska is removed in this manner, she cannot be revived.

- Celeste Inpax: You commit suicide at the end of Night Three, unable to be revived. However, the next day phase will reveal the roles and affiliations of all players killed during that phase.

Possible Mafia Roles:

Spoiler:
- Ted Tonate: You are an obvious mafioso. When you die, your role will be revealed upon death. However, if you are lynched, you will take a random player that voted for you along with you (neither player will be able to be revived).

- Sal Manella: The mafia is not informed of your existence, nor are you given the list of mafiosi. Your hit vote has a double weight to it in mafia hit request votes. The mafia cannot declare victory as long as you are alive. This role will not exist if the mafia only begins with one player.

- Terry Fawles: You commit suicide at the end of Night Three, unable to be revived. After you die, the mafia gains another collective hit request during the next night phase only. This role will not exist if the mafia only begins with one player.

- Morgan Fey: Every night, you may revive a dead player. If a revived player is killed, you may not bring that player back to life again. You may only revive a mafioso the same night you are the successful target of a hit request. Mafioso revival may be triggered by ANY mafioso as long as Morgan Fey still is alive, as long as it's included in their hit request.

- Darian Crescend: You have a single-use extra hit request you may use during any night phase.

The Third Party:

Spoiler:
Kristoph Gavin: You win when there is only one player left: you. You may only declare victory at that time. You will start as a "vanilla mafioso" within the mafia, and are imbued with all the powers of a vanilla mafioso. Your powers are:
- During Night Zero, you have a special hit request that can be used on anyone, revealing their role upon death. Unless specifically stated in the target player's role, they are still eligible for being revived.
- During every night after Night Zero, you have a separate hit request that only works on other mafiosi.
- If the town or mafia attain victory before you do, you automatically lose.
- If the town and the mafia somehow lose during the same phase, you automatically lose.
- The mafia may successfully declare victory when you are alive, because you count towards mafia win condition numbers.
- If you are the last player alive due to a player dying from an invalid victory claim, you lose.

Spoiler: Mandate Against Metagame Anything
I understand and agree that by participating in the game:

All actions made in the game must adhere to the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play. All in-game actions are towards the in-game victory. All actions expressed in the game are without insult, ill-will, harmful intent, or personal grudges. Furthermore, any outside alliances, friendships, or other relationships will not affect any of my decisions in the game.

During any game, the Game Master's (and/or co-GM's and/or proxy GM's) judgments regarding the game are final, and not subject to review. This is excepted ONLY when a forum rule is broken, or under very extreme circumstances. All cases will be assessed and processed by Vendetta Strada staff members only. In these exceptions, the staff decision is then final.

The use of meta-game methods for collecting and disseminating information is grounds for penalization. This majorly includes (but isn't limited to):

Screenshots of game-related content.
Creating/using a secondary account.
Using non-players to aid you.
Threatening, extorting, bribing, or otherwise forcing/buying the behaviour of any party involved in a game to influence the outcome of a game.
Reading restricted conversation areas. (Includes, not limited to: Dead/Spectator Thread, Mafia QuickTopic, other player's role PM's, etc.)

I will always pursue the victory of my faction. I will not knowingly and/or willingly assist other factions, unless it does not interfere with my chances of victory. I will make no attempts, through any action or inaction, to knowingly hinder the efforts of others within my faction to achieve victory.

I will not, through any action or inaction, attempt to ruin the game's experience for others. I will not be arrogant in victory, nor contemptuous in defeat. I will be respectful toward all other players of any background and skill level.

The utilization of means to circumvent the phrasing of this agreement will be considered a violation. Anything determined to violate the spirit of this agreement is subject to penalties on par with a violation of any of the specific directives.

If for any reason it is determined that I am in violation of the MAMA, I understand that I will be penalized for my actions with or without warning, inclusive of being expelled from current and/or future games.
If you are incapable of abiding by this agreement, do not play the game.
MAFIA GAMEPLAY RULES

All participants must agree to the MAMA in order to play any and all rounds of Mafia.
All round-specific requests (power usage, item usage, affiliating, etc.) must be sent to the Game Master via private message. The use of instant messaging clients to request is forbidden.
Living players may not directly quote any messages they receive from the Game Master without their express consent.
Game Masters reserve the right to remove any player from their game at any time, for any reason they wish.

LIFE, DEATH, & ACTIVITY RULES

Living players may not view or post within the Dead Thread, and dead players may not post in the Living Thread. You must immediately contact the GM or a member of the staff if you have the ability to break this rule.
You may not, as a dead player/spectator, reveal round-specific information to living players.
Signing up for a round and being inactive will not be tolerated. Players are removed from a game after a duration of its GM's choosing, which cannot exceed 72 hours to maintain site efficiency.
The abuse of thread access to indiscriminately post irrelevant bulk messages is not allowed. However, you're not required to remain completely on-topic all the time. The more amusing you are, the more lenience you'll receive.

Last edited by genodragon1 on Sat May 09, 2015 1:23 am, edited 14 times in total.
Re: (Night Zero) Living Thread: Payne's Worst Game of MafiaTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

The game has started.

Do not post until you receive your role PM, please.

aka Ami <3

All role PM's have been sent out.

Feel free to post in the thread if you are participating.

Have fun, everyone!

Sleeping is my life.

Well....

It's about time that the madness shall start.

Gettin' Old!

Pierre reporting in SIIIIR!

psyched been a while since we had one of these.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Just another day.

cold52 here and ready to get this game started >:O

Here

I've felt worse.

*snoring sounds* Huh? Uh... here!
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

JesusMonroe wrote:
Here

that sounds like scumtalk to me

vote jm

oh no

I've felt worse.

JesusMonroe wrote:
oh no

Put some "oomph" into it.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
oh no

Put some "oomph" into it.

I love it, thank you for showing me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

やれやれだぜ...

Just another day.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
やれやれだぜ...

Spoiler:

Gettin' Old!

Curse your Moonspeak and Jojo in-jokes!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'm alive.
Signature loading, please wait...

aka Ami <3

Pierre wrote:
Curse your Moonspeak and Jojo in-jokes!

There are no Jojo in-jokes in here, for I have made sure to elucidate, inform, and clarify aaaaalllll jesting and comedy for the purposes of understanding and interpreting the information as humorous. I do this for I am the greatest mind to think, and therefore am the most intelligent. I, Moooojo Jojo, can easily infer the wit and farces made by people in their posts on this website to be seen by anyone quite well! It is with great acumen that I see the so-called funniness in these memetic pictures and phrases, so it can be understood that I, Mooooojo Jojo, am in fact quite droll myself, and can make jokes that are appropriately on-subject and not at all missing any points at all! For it is I, Mooojo Jojo, that is the only Jojo that can possibly be referenced in this amusing anecdotal conversation! And so I, Mojo Jojo, being the greatest at all tomfoolery, hijinks, and shenanigans, can safely state with no irony whatsoever that I understand these references, and will educate your puny brain in these aforementioned funny matters.

They are about anime things.
Re: (Day One) Living Thread: Payne's Worst Game of MafiaTopic%20Title

aka Ami <3

All right, court is in session, lemme just...

um...

*rustles through papers*

Ah, okay, so this is a mafia round. For... mafia. I guess? I'm new at this. BUT I'LL STILL KILL ALL THE ROOKIES.

So yeah. I'm... *gets out briefcase, rummages through it* I think I'm a little early with this, but who cares about one minute. Okay, here it is!

DAY ONE HAS STARTED!

Let the games begin! Well... just one game. This game. I'll uh... be quiet now.

Alright, so it looks like there's only one mafioso if I'm understanding correctly, and it'd be a roled one. It can't be Sal or Terry in that case, and I doubt it's Ted as his ability doesn't seem like it'd be very helpful in a one-person mafia (then again, this IS Payne's Mafia...) So we're probably looking for Darian, maybe Morgan.

Gettin' Old!

I can't see how useful Morgan would be when there is only one mafioso but who knows. Maybe they'd find a practical use for the power.

Which means Ted Tonate (again pointless unless there's a Diego in our midst) so odds are I'd say it's Daryan.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I thought the same about Morgan at first but she's basically a mafia-sided Bikini so there's a chance of a fakeclaim maybe? Affiliations aren't revealed upon death.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I thought the same about Morgan at first but she's basically a mafia-sided Bikini so there's a chance of a fakeclaim maybe? Affiliations aren't revealed upon death.

I guess? I'm still struggling to see how productive it would be. Short of the townies having a Diego (potential maf) in the ranks. Fake claiming is nice but the power should be productive on its own yeah?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well yeah, but again Payne is the GM soooo

I'm inclined to believe we're facing Darian but we shouldn't exclude the possibility of Morgan.

My guess is that there's a Diego role and the mafioso is Morgan,I mean,Daryan would not be of much use as the only mafia.Then again this is meant to be an unfair round.

aka Ami <3

I should probably clarify something. When I put possible roles, it's not to mask what roles I do put in (to some extent, the dual revival roles are meant to add doubt as an extra drawback... in addition to the "you don't know the affiliation of whom you are reviving" drawback). It's so that if I run this round multiple times, I can continue to have a variable that changes and keeps the game feeling new with each replay.

Why? Because all roles are randomized. Not just who gets what role, but what roles are used. Unless a role is marked "not used in a one-person mafia", what roles are used get randomized as well as everything else.

This is meant to be a difficult round that is, in many ways, the antithesis of how rounds are normally constructed. It is meant to be a chaotic round, due to how many variables there are and the added uncertainties of claiming victory and no affiliations/roles revealed upon death. It is not meant to be an unfair round, as I did my best to balance the round: by giving greater importance to vanillas in exchange for higher risks and drawbacks to roles, by giving the town the ability to theoretically continue after "losing", by giving the mafia the ability to have the town screw themselves more than usual.

I apologize for any confusion or misunderstandings.

Ny unfair round that's kinda what I meant,I guess it's just me wording things oddly as always.

aka Ami <3

cesar26100 wrote:
Ny unfair round that's kinda what I meant,I guess it's just me wording things oddly as always.

I get ya. I also wanted to clarify that I didn't choose the exact set up of what roles were used, so please don't use my possible reasoning for balance as a way to try to figure things out. I just made the game, from the moment I randomized things? I stopped tinkering with how the round worked. I'm basically here to add flavor text to phase changes, clarify issues, and run the round.

Again, sincere apologies for the misunderstandings.

Gettin' Old!

cesar26100 wrote:
My guess is that there's a Diego role and the mafioso is Morgan,I mean,Daryan would not be of much use as the only mafia.Then again this is meant to be an unfair round.

Given there's only one power role per side...I don't see it being Diego. Diego is only of benefit to the Mafia really as it inevitably gives them a massive advantage of an additional player halfway through the game. A hit on Diego is essentially worth 2 in terms of Victory Score.

The only disadvantage Morgan has is that she's more or less useless until she has an ally. I don't think it's that the game is meant to be unfair as much as it's meant to be the roles are silly and absurd and sometimes as much of a hindrance as a helper.

So I doubt we'd be given something like Diego.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

To re-emphasize one last time:

I had no input over which power roles made it into the game. That was the randomizer. Trying to analyze me or round balance is useless, as I've had the round balanced for any combination of the roles.

Just another day.

genodragon1 wrote:
To re-emphasize one last time:

I had no input over which power roles made it into the game. That was the randomizer. Trying to analyze me or round balance is useless, as I've had the round balanced for any combination of the roles.

so what your saying is we should be questioning the randomizer...well bring the randomizer in for questioning chop chop! :V

anyways on a more serious note i think its pointless to speculate the mafia role atm as theres nothing we can go off of just better to figure out who seems suspicious atm and vote for um. what comes after that might give us an idea depending on what happens.

Sleeping is my life.

Yeah, what Cold52 said!

So, to catch the Mafia, we would need the evidence. Evidence that will tell us what Mafia role we're dealing with.

On the topic of lynching a player during this phrase, I think it would be a huge risk, because we don't know which of us is the Mafia. Anyway, the only thing that we need to do if we were to catch the Mafia....
We have to trust our instincts.

Remember that we wont know who we lynched so we just...have to figure things out.Remember that this round isn't ending until someone rightfully declares that hey won...and we are going to have to make a plan to know when that is.

Gettin' Old!

BlueJaythePirate wrote:
Yeah, what Cold52 said!

So, to catch the Mafia, we would need the evidence. Evidence that will tell us what Mafia role we're dealing with.

On the topic of lynching a player during this phrase, I think it would be a huge risk, because we don't know which of us is the Mafia. Anyway, the only thing that we need to do if we were to catch the Mafia....

I feel this is a jab at how we handled you last time XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

aka Ami <3

Oh, heads up: in case my lab final for my class ends up being at the usual time, phase change will be moved to 10:00 PM EST for Night One. Apologies to all this may effect.

Sleeping is my life.

I didn't mean to make that post sounds like I'm jabbing at how you guys treated me in that Mafia game.

*Sigh* Why does nobody takes me seriously? I'm serious about this!

BlueJaythePirate wrote:
Yeah, what Cold52 said!

I'm against no-lynching unless someone can give a compelling argument for it. A one in seven shot at the mafioso is still better than zero.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
BlueJaythePirate wrote:
Yeah, what Cold52 said!

I'm against no-lynching unless someone can give a compelling argument for it. A one in seven shot at the mafioso is still better than zero.

Day One is a logical nightmare, I don't see any way folks can get anything on solid grounds. I'll probably follow my previous path and vote for whoever engages least.

God I hope we don't lynch a detective first turn round this time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Just another day.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
BlueJaythePirate wrote:
Yeah, what Cold52 said!

to do this lets look at the cons if we dont get the right target.

CONS:
Spoiler:
(killing Town) obvious why it would be bad

(killing Sister Bikini) assuming sister bikini is in this game we would loose or ability to get people back in the game.

(killing larry) if hes in the game then we loose a possible source of info mind you its nothing you can guerentee thus im sure it wouldnt bee a good idea to rely on such info if he has it.

(killing gant) if hes in the game we loose someone who can kill people like the mafia and he dies if he hits a non vanilla member so 1-2 chance he kills the mafia person this game. this one can backfire though...

(killing romein/wendy/adrian) if one of um are in the game wed loose the possibility to stop a mafia lynch.

(killing franziska) if in the game and franziska manages to block the right person there wouldnt be a lynch that night usful info but can backfire.

and now for the PROS:
Spoiler:
(killing bandaged apollo) getting rid of him if in the game gives us the ability to win the game.

(killing mafia) obvious why it is good to do this

(killing Kristoph)i didnt see if its possible if hes in the game but if it is this is also obvious why he needs to be lynched.

Honestly Agree with franzie on this...i dont really see a reason not to.

Okay,so according to you guys we are going to lynch blindly on D1?

Though it's not like there's much of a choice.

Just another day.

cesar26100 wrote:
Okay,so according to you guys we are going to lynch blindly on D1?

Though it's not like there's much of a choice.

well there is but concider this...what if we wait to kill someone and the mafia decides to not to do anything that night as well then we would only have bought us time...though that would give us more time to see everyones oppinions on who might the scum be.

also the other side of things is the mafia might still kill someone and by chance kill the one person on our side with a roll...even worse if that person is godot.
Page 1 of 7 [ 270 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus