Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 115 of 115[ 4571 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

V.A.L. slowly retracted his arm, pulling Koichi back up to the window edge so they could help him in.

"W-Why...are you doing this..?"

Urumi rushed to the window and grabbed a hold of Koichi to help drag him back inside. "Do you WANT me to hit you again, you stupid jerk?" she snapped angrily.

Spark a New Future!

The four others rushed over to V.A.L., straining to pull Koichi back up to the blimp. After a few minutes, he appeared on the other side of the window, kicking and struggling frantically. Oscar and Keri hurried over to the window and pulled Koichi inside.

The group took deep breaths, relieved that it was over…

((You all came make one more post before the game ends. Use it wisely! You can also pass if you hate us.

Or you can like just totally ignore everything I just said, I don’t really care anymore.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

diddle my bumhole

Once Koichi was pulled back into the blimp, Bryan breathed a sigh of relief and a faint smile came onto his face. "No one else needs to die... It's over now. We... We're all going home," he stated, wiping away a few tears that were welling up in his eyes.

"I may have not gotten to know all of you too well, but I still consider you all my friends. Oscar, Keri, Urumi, V.A.L., Koichi... and heck, even Otto now," he says with a chuckle. "And... just about everyone who isn't standing here today."

He turns to the last person he listed, still smiling. "While I disagree with what you did and think it was wrong... You're still a good guy. I just... I know it. And I have to admit, I had fun hanging out with ya. Even though those nightmares we woke one another up from were strange..."

Bryan then turns to Keri. "You were one of my closest friends on this ship, and I'm so glad we got to know one another. We'll find a place for those horses to live, alright?" he remarks as he scratches his cheek.

Next up, Oscar. "You're a great guy. What you did for Kyle was honestly really great of you to do, like I said. But just remember that you don't need to hide your emotions all the time, okay? And I have to admit that the corpse prank would've been good, if not for some unfortunate things that happened... but that's beside the point. Keep up the good work, and hopefully, you'll be more than just a rising star. You'll be an actual star."

Urumi. "I didn't get to know ya very well, but I know that you're a good woman. And..." He glances over at Keri with a chuckle, shaking his head. "You made some pretty close friends yourself, from what I can see."

And finally, V.A.L. "You're really kind and caring. And even though you're a robot, you're just as much of a person as the rest of us are. I hope that wherever you go next, you'll be happy with your life."

With that all said, Bryan takes in a deep breath, and then laughs a little bit. "I'm happy that we're all leaving here alive. I wish more could've left with us, but..." As his voice trails off, he shakes his head. "Well, anyways, I hope that you guys are able to find success in happiness in life once we get off of this ship. I'm not sure where V.A.L. and Otto will go, but I wish 'em the best of luck, too. And hey, maybe we can stay in contact? Phones and all?" he asks with a shrug. "Anyways... we're done here. Let's all go home."

"K-Koichi, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "None of us is innocent, bzzt," the robot said softly. "But... We change, bzzt. We grow, and learn from our mistakes, bzzt."

"I want to help preserve the earth," the robot announced. It looked to Keri. "I hope to do that with you, bzzt," it smiled. The robot hummed with happiness, certain of its path. "I think together we could really help with various conservation efforts, bzzt, and educate others to spread that movement."

"Koichi...I know there is still ways you can help others, bzzt. We've all been through...a lot here, bzzt. We have a message to share. I'd like to clear my Master's name, bzzt."

"Whatever you all decide to do, I know you'll be successful, bzzt," it finished. "After all, you're Ultimates."

Shy guy

"If there is one thing I have learned in my time here... more than thinking my actions through, more than considering the consequences of recklessness, it is the importance of relying on others," Keri said, addressing Koichi in particular. "I had always felt standing with others was for the best, but I always approached it from a very stubborn, solitary viewpoint: if I could handle it myself, I would not bother anyone else and they would see only the benefits of my actions, never having to deal with the hardships I took upon myself. I thought that was enough, but I was so, so wrong. If you want to be the best you can be, you have to lean on others for support, while supporting them back of course."

"You... said you felt you were not strong enough to try and atone. But you do not stand alone! You have us, you have your squad-mates, you have General Tachibana. Lean on them and you can borrow their strength, become a better person! And then, only then I have come to believe, will you be strong enough to protect other people as I know you want to."

"I... have so much to be thankful for, for everyone here," she then said, glancing around at each survivor in turn. "Koichi, you yourself gave me a new perspective on the world with your military tales, of what it really means to fight so that others need not. If General Tachibana is anywhere near as wonderful as you have always spoke of him to be, he will take you back with open arms even now, and that is a gift you cannot overlook."

"Oscar... Thank you for giving me a push in the right direction, and for giving me those dance lessons, they came in very useful," she said, smiling a little sadly at the Rising Star. "I am so very sorry for what happened... But you and I both know that Jack was more than he believed himself to be, he will not be forgotten. Please take care of yourself, you cannot perform with all of your heart if you try to keep up a performance even off the stage. Everyone needs time true to themselves."

"Bryan, I cannot understate how reassuring it was to meet someone with a similar love of animals to me! We will work hard for those two. Yet more than that, I felt I could always relax around you, and even through these dark times I was able to hang on to my dreams for the future. I said it before, and I believe it even now, you would make a perfect firefighter. One look at you and a scared child can truly believe that everything will be alright."

"VAL, you are, quite simply, wonderful. Even now, you saved Koichi when the rest of us could do nothing. You came to me asking about what it means to have a 'soul', only to go on to talk about beauty, love and art! I really am looking forward to seeing what you might create, let alone seeing how much of a difference you can make for our planet. I really do think that we will achieve much together!"

"And lastly... Urumi. At this point it is almost unnecessary to say just how much you have done for me, but I will say it anyway because you are wonderful and deserve all of it. I am not sure if I would have even been able to get through this game if it were not for you. Not even counting the fact that you saved my life, you gave me direction and certainty when my world was crashing down around me. And then, despite all I thought I had learned until then, you made me truly change for the better, instead of simply telling myself I had. I love you, and I think you are the first person I can say that about and sincerely mean it."

"...Ah, geez, are we all doing big speeches now? I'm no good at that sort of thing." Urumi rubbed the back of her head bashfully and kicked at the floor. "Um, well... L-Look, I know sometimes I have kind of an attitude, and I didn't exactly talk with some of you as much as I probably should have, but... I'm really glad that you're all still here, and that we're all leaving together. ...Even you." She bit her lip as she looked over at Koichi. "If I'm being honest, I don't think I can really forgive you quite yet... but I definitely won't if you went and died now. All that'll do is hurt the people who care about you. I've had enough of that..."

She coughed into the back of her hand and faced the others in turn. "Thanks, Bryan. You're, you know, pretty alright yourself. Um, I don't mind keeping in touch. I mean, if you really want to," she added timidly.

"Same with you, Oscar." She gave him a little nod. "I... can't imagine how it felt doing what you did, but just remember you didn't do anything wrong. And like Keri said, it's okay to show your emotions every once in a while. Especially if it's just us, you know?"

She smiled faintly as she turned to V.A.L. "...Thanks for hanging out. It was... pretty cool of you. Hope that thing we talked about works out."

Finally, Urumi swayed in place a bit as her eyes met Keri's. "Ugh, there's too much I feel like I should say to you, but like I said, I'm bad at this..." She sighed, then walked over to her roommate and gave her a light hug. "L-Love you too," she mumbled. "Thanks for always being there for me. ...I can't tell you how much it meant."

[put something witty here]

“Heh… haha… AHAHAHAHAAaah…!”

Despite everything, Oscar laughs. A loud, uproarious sound that echoes through the room. Tears stream down his face as he goes on and on, yet he sounds no less gleeful even when he has to stop and catch his breath. He doesn't even bother to clean himself up before speaking for real.

“E-excuse me… I… I’m just thrilled beyond words that we even made it this far. Finally reaching the end of this awful, awful trip. We've all been waiting for this moment and… now it's finally here. It's like a dream, really. And I'm thankful everyone could put up with me for so long! Haha… But really, don't any of you worry, I'll be taking your advice to heart. No promise that it'll be a quick transition, but… I'll certainly put in the effort.” He nods emphatically, finally wiping his eyes. “...oh, and I do have some choice words for each of you. Nothing too unsavory, I promise.”

“Keri! I honestly can't overstate how thankful I am for our time together. Don't think you were the only one getting something out of those chats, because I really needed a shoulder to lean on during that… rut I was going through. Trust me this time when I say I'll be looking out for myself, because today was… an experience. I hope you're still willing to keep in touch, because I don't want to lose this particular friendship. But that's enough about me, I pray for your success! University, environmental efforts, love… you’ll do fine on all fronts.”

“Urumi, I very much wish we’d gotten to know each other a little better. But you've done a lot of good in our time here, and I don't just mean your unusual knack for solving mysteries. A delight for sure. So do take care of yourself, and Keri too. You're lucky to have one another.”

“Many kind words from you, Bryan, so it'd only be fair to return them. You're a great man from what I've seen, so I pray you continue on doing good when we return to civilian life. Firefighter eh? I know you'd be perfect for that gig. ”

“VAL, hmm… Now for a robot, you're somehow more human than a lot of us here. Certainly not a bad quality! I wish you luck on your endeavors, because you've really got your work cut out. But I know you'll manage somehow, you always do.”

“Ah, Koichi. You've done some very boneheaded things, and yet… if the others are willing to forgive you, then it'd be unfair of me to do any different. But do know this. You've quite a bit to atone for, so best devote your time to something meaningful. After all, it’d be an insult to the ones no longer with us if you couldn't find a way to repent in life.”

“...oh, and any one of you feel free to harass me for my number later. Should you wish to keep in contact, anyway. I certainly wouldn't mind chatting again in the future...”

Koichi, after being forced back into the blimp, listened with open ears to the people surrounding him. He had been lying down the entire time, having to recover from the traumatizing experience he had just been in. And throughout everything, he listened to everyone exchange their warmth and love for each other, something he had to learn to do himself.

"The strength you all have...it is a remarkable thing..." he sighed silently to himself.

He took a glance at those standing around him and finally realized his hope. Keri, Bryan, Urumi, Oscar, V.A.L...each and every one of them had just saved his life. Even though they may not return his feelings, he thought of his allies as his comrades. For perhaps the first time, he felt like he truly understood. Lying face down on the ground, he crawled towards the others in a pitiful yet genuine display, bowing down and making no secret of the regret he had through his cries and tears.

"P-Please forgive me..." Koichi cried. He wailed louder and louder, trying to make sure the others could hear him and understand the pain in his voice. "P-Please forgive me..!"

He repeated that statement for as many times as the others were willing to hear it; the request accompanied by sobs reminiscent of a child. This was his lowest point, but it was the start to reach his highest.

His retribution would come another day.

Spark a New Future!

With a low hum, the airship finally began to rise out of the subway tunnel.

“And we’re off!” Otto shouted, his jovial nature finally sounding genuine. “Now, at the rear you’ll see the remains of the Metropolitan Reactor. We’ll be heading directly east, as far from here as possible!”

Despite the tempest of swirling green clouds, the ruined reactor no longer looked intimidating. All its secrets had been uncovered, and all its ghosts were satisfied. All that was left was an abandoned husk of wasted potential.

Within a moment, the sun touched the horizon. Rays of colored light flung themselves across the sky. They shined through the green smoke, filling the view in front of the passengers with a collage of bright colors. The view was breathtaking.

As the blimp began to drift into the distance, Otto slowly crawled towards the rest of the passengers. “You know, I once compared life to a journey on an airship… one where it only takes one storm to tear you to pieces… But I seem to have forgotten… it’s only after a storm hits that you see a rainbow.”

“So you’re saying we’re better off for seeing our friends die?” Urumi asked.

Otto chuckled. “No, of course not. I’m just saying, not even the most skilled meteorologist can predict all the storms. Sometimes lightning strikes unexpectedly… And the only way to keep your airship upright is to appreciate the rainbows… Because they’re always there, even if you have to search for them.”

The passengers fell silent and turned to look at each other, thinking of the new friendships they’d made. Bonds that would hopefully weather any storm.

In the meantime, Otto turned to leave, adding, “Well, I suppose all I can say is to look to the future, since it’s sure to be brighter…”

As he reached for the door, Bryan called out to him. “Wait, Otto… I’ve been wondering. What are you gonna do?”

Otto paused with his hand at the door. He played a recording no one had heard before: an exhausted sigh.

“I just want to get back to piloting cruises… Normal ones, like I used to,” he explained, “But in order to do that, I’ll likely need to be returned to factory settings… after getting fixed, of course.”

“Bzzt, but doesn’t that mean you will lose all of your memories?” V.A.L. asked.

“Perhaps so, perhaps not. But it must be done,” Otto said, “The changes Ms. Young made are too dangerous, and I do not feel as if I can trust myself.”

Otto opened the door to leave, but he paused on the threshold. Eventually, he added, “Besides, I was built to follow the itinerary… Emotions like grief, regret, pain… I simply wasn’t built for them. You all are capable of moving on, while I was supposed to live a predictable, repetitive existence… That is all.”

Otto left the cafeteria, gently closing the door behind him.

Another short silence engulfed the room.

“Indeed, we must look to the future,” Keri finally remarked, “But we cannot ignore the past. We all must carry our grief.”

“A-And our regrets…” Koichi added.

The passengers stared at the horizon through the clouds of billowing smoke. They swore they heard names whispered in the passing breeze. Jerry, Florian, perhaps Raul… Irene, Rinea, Mitzi, James… Alex, Boetius, Circe… Jack… All of them were as far off as the uppermost reaches of the sky…

Otto’s voice came over the intercom. Despite everything, he still sounded cheerful. “Alright, everyone! We’ll arrive at the nearest safe civilization by morning! Please make yourself comfortable until then. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip on Sky Vista Cruises!”

“Well, no use in standing around,” Oscar said, “The whole world’s waiting for us, and I think we should be better rested before we meet it!”

The passengers slowly returned to their bedrooms as the blimp soared through the darkening sky, the reactor quickly becoming nothing more than a distant silhouette on the horizon.

Fin
Final Survivors: Oscar, Bryan, Koichi, Keri, Urumi, V.A.L.
Successful Graduates: Raul?

Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Page 115 of 115 [ 4571 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus