Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 8 of 30[ 1176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next

Re: PW: Conflict of Interest (New update available)Topic%20Title

GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Blizdi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:
Oriachim wrote:
Fixed with the pywright update. Are you ok for reviews? I will review it intensely when I finished it. As long as you don't take offense to criticism? :)

Sure, go ahead. I'll look forward to it.

So... any nonspecific time frame updates? Has that "coding" gone from 25% and has "backgrounds" went up from 70%?

I believe "Patience" is the keyword in this kind of situation. Not to be rude or anything.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."

Ron Karma

Ropfa wrote:
A Turnabout Is Worth A Thousand Words is complete!!!

Hello,
I'm slightly curious, how many pages long was your prologue case's script?
Have a nice day,
- Ron
My Fan Game Click the Bracelet to see my sprites

NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN-NYAN

To me he said it was like 50 pages or longer I think...

NYAN

Dracarys!

Yeah, it was somewhere around 50 pages. The others have been in the 175-200 range.

Ron Karma

The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:
To me he said it was like 50 pages or longer I think...

Ropfa wrote:
Yeah, it was somewhere around 50 pages. The others have been in the 175-200 range.

Okay, thanks guys :edgey:
Have a nice day,
- Ron
My Fan Game Click the Bracelet to see my sprites

Dracarys!

So, T-Consequences has been sent to one of the beta-testers so far. He got it early, due to special circumstances. The others will get it within the next few days probably.

Lots of updates in addition to a new case this time. I'll write them all later, but one thing I'll mention right now is that the GK2 Moderato and Allegro themes have officially replaced the ones from the first AAI. I didn't hear any complaints earlier, so that's what you'll be hearing from now on.

I'll also be doing a quick run-through of the first three cases, to make sure that everything still runs smoothly with the most recent version of Pywright. Saluk fixed the bug in 512x192 examine screens, so that should work properly now.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
So, T-Consequences has been sent to one of the beta-testers so far. He got it early, due to special circumstances. The others will get it within the next few days probably.

Lots of updates in addition to a new case this time. I'll write them all later, but one thing I'll mention right now is that the GK2 Moderato and Allegro themes have officially replaced the ones from the first AAI. I didn't hear any complaints earlier, so that's what you'll be hearing from now on.

I'll also be doing a quick run-through of the first three cases, to make sure that everything still runs smoothly with the most recent version of Pywright. Saluk fixed the bug in 512x192 examine screens, so that should work properly now.

That's great!

I like the GK2 ones a lot more :P

Mia Payne

Edit: HOW THE HECK DO I KEEP DOUBLE POSTING?

Ropfa wrote:

I've been doing this myself. I've found two issues so far in Rogue Turnabout - not sure if they are PyWright related:

Spoiler: typo
There's a typo on line 27 of scenewattersgone.examine.txt. It runs the wrong menu and then never goes to the right place again

and

Spoiler: warehouse
In roughly the same section, I can't seem to activate the warehouse. I've done everything I can think of, and got the text that it should be my next destination, but I'm not seeing a way to actually get there. It doesn't appear on any of the move menus.

Edit: oh wow, I just found the envelope. You might want to telegraph this section a bit more if possible :P I swear I've been stuck on it for a couple weeks.

So yeah, I guess nothing PyWright related so far.
Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Another bug report:

In Rogue Turnabout
Spoiler: warehouse
Examining the warehouse after all the items are collected is sending the game into an endless loop. Problem is in scene39.examine. When the flag 39b has been set you should return to the menu (maybe with some text saying "I think we've found all we need from here"), rather than returning to the top.

Creator of PyWright, the lovable case construction system!
Also visit the PyWright post.

Dracarys!

Thanks for that, Saluk. I just fixed the Watters menu bug. Apparently, I was calling for "scenewattergone" rather than "scenewattersgone".

Dracarys!

Okay, T-Con has been sent off to the rest of the testers.

Saluk's making some changes in the next version of Pywright that involve sound effects being played when you click a button. If you'll recall, I already did that in COI. What happens as a result is that the SFX play twice. I've updated all of the cases for this, but that also means that if you aren't using that version of Pywright, you'll have NO sound effects. Thus, regardless of how quickly the beta-testers respond, I'm afraid I won't be releasing the next section until Pywright 0.989 is out.

Also, for those who were wondering...

Things that I've updated since last time.
Spoiler: space saver, not actual spoilers
-Adjusted clicking sound effects so that they are compatible with the latest version of Pywright (0.989).
-Fixed a name error in TOTW, which referred to Edman Books as the victim
-Finally figured out how to fix the bug in Rogue Turnabout which allowed you to skip the entire final psyche-lock sequence
-Fixed some menu errors in TRT that caused the game to jump to the wrong scene.
-Added some fades during testimonies between statements
-Added penalty bars before Take That! presents and during psyche-lock scenes
-In each of the opening scenes, edited the title box so that it wouldn't disappear until after the entire prologue sequence was finished
-Improved the background fading after successfully breaking psyche-locks
-Edited some small pieces of dialogue in ATIWATW.
-Edited several small pieces of dialogue in TRT. Most were cosmetic
changes, like pauses or sound effects. However, there were also some intended to clear up a few minor plot holes.
-In the second investigation of TRT, removed a prompt for the player to present Sir Gallante's profile, as it seemed a bit superfluous
-Removed the part in TRT where you had to go to the Wright Anything Agency and find the yellow envelope. Now just talk to Virgil Black he'll already have it available.
-Added a short scene in TRT before Sarah's first testimony, in which she misinterprets Obadiah asking for her "name and occupation" as a pass at her
-Changed the Confrontation - Moderato and Confrontation - Allegro pieces from those in the first AAI game to those from the second.
-Changed the music in the final testimony of TRT's first trial from Presto to Allegro
-Updated some shading on Morton Dreisan's arms, as well as added a new pose for him
-Updated a few of Obadiah's sprites so they were more anatomically consistent
-Made some very minor anti-aliasing updates to Sarah Keyes
-Changed a few present scenes so that only character profiles were
accessible

Last edited by Ropfa on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
Okay, T-Con has been sent off to the rest of the testers.

Saluk's making some changes in the next version of Pywright that involve sound effects being played when you click a button. If you'll recall, I already did that in COI. What happens as a result is that the SFX play twice. I've updated all of the cases for this, but that also means that if you aren't using that version of Pywright, you'll have NO sound effects. Thus, regardless of how quickly the beta-testers respond, I'm afraid I won't be releasing the next section until Pywright 0.989 is out.

Also, for those who were wondering...

Things that I've updated since last time.
Spoiler: space saver, not actual spoilers
-Adjusted clicking sound effects so that they are compatible with the latest
version of Pywright (0.989).
-Fixed a name error in TOTW, which referred to Edman Books as the victim
-Finally figured out how to fix the bug in Rogue Turnabout which allowed
you to skip the entire final psyche-lock sequence
-Fixed some menu errors in TRT that caused the game to jump to the wrong
scene.
-Added some fades during testimonies between statements
-Added penalty bars before Take That! presents and during psyche-lock
scenes
-In each of the opening scenes, edited the title box so that it wouldn't
disappear until after the entire prologue sequence was finished
-Improved the background fading after successfully breaking psyche-locks
-Edited some small pieces of dialogue in ATIWATW.
-Edited several small pieces of dialogue in TRT. Most were cosmetic
changes, like pauses or sound effects. However, there were also some
intended to clear up a few minor plot holes.
-In the second investigation of TRT, removed a prompt for the player to
present Sir Gallante's profile, as it seemed a bit superfluous
-Removed the part in TRT where you had to go to the Wright Anything
Agency and find the yellow envelope. Now just talk to Virgil Black he'll
already have it available.
-Added a short scene in TRT before Sarah's first testimony, in which
she misinterprets Obadiah asking for her "name and occupation" as a
pass at her
-Changed the Confrontation - Moderato and Confrontation - Allegro pieces
from those in the first AAI game to those from the second.
-Changed the music in the final testimony of TRT's first trial from Presto to
Allegro
-Updated some shading on Morton Dreisan's arms, as well as added a new
pose for him
-Updated a few of Obadiah's sprites so they were more anatomically consistent
-Made some very minor anti-aliasing updates to Sarah Keyes
-Changed a few present scenes so that only character profiles were
accessible

You just LOVE making me antsy don't ya?

Yay for the changes to the current cases... I love the Confrontation music of GK2 ! :D

Major problem with Turnabout on the Web:

Spoiler:
after I've talked to everyone online on the first day, supposedly the person who wouldn't talk to me was supposed to log off and be replaced by Salmonella, but this hasn't happened. Also, on a previous attempt the game inexplicably skipped to what must be the second day of investigation (since the masked woman was talking about me exposing her in court) for no reason. I'm very confused.

Dracarys!

First off, what version of Pywright are you using? I don't know if it matters in this case, but I like to ask, just to be sure.

What part were you in immediately before it skipped forward to the second day? Who were you talking to? What were you talking about? Where were you? What were you doing before that? Give me as many details as you can.

For the other problem, are you sure you talked about everything? For both GummyBaer and Magikpantiez, there should be three talk options.

Spoiler:
This is the rough order of events as I can remember it on the playthrough that skipped ahead:
Talk to everyone online
Talk to Maya outside the victim's house, which prompted her to say something about visiting Cody at the police station even though that had never been mentioned before
Go to the Agency, Trucy informs me about Cody being arrested
Visit Cody at criminal affairs and talk to him
Talk to the FBI guy whose name I can't remember outside the victim's house; he tells me that he's found the admin
Talk to Anton Simms at his house, get Psyche-locks when I ask him about the 500 topic
Go meet the masked woman outside the victim's house. That's where I stopped because it became apparent that the spacetime continuum had collapsed.

As for conversation topics, I'm sure I got them all with GummiBaer (himself, the flame war and terms of service) and I think I got them all with Magikpantiez (himself, the flame war and...something else that you'll have to remind me of).

Really fun game so far.

Dracarys!

Spoiler:
That is... Really weird.

I can see that the point where you jumped into the future was actually when you were talking to Togamera (FBI man). You should have had a completely different conversation with him and should not have been able to meet Anton Simms yet. Everything up until that point looks good.

This took me a while to find. It really bugged me, since I avoid using the same scripts for multiple days for this exact reason. I haven't tested yet to see if it's the culprit, but I MIGHT have found the problem... Maybe. Just avoid going to criminal affairs until after you've spoken to Trucy. And then don't return there after you've finished talking to Cody. Just go directly to Upper Middle Street. I'll do some more fiddling with this tonight.

Spoiler:
I didn't go to criminal affairs before talking to Trucy - it wasn't an option until she told me about Cody's arrest. Also, when I said "talk to everyone online" that doesn't include Salmonella - I've never been able to get him to appear. Somehow it seems like talking to Maya caused the game to skip past talking to Salmonella and trigger Trucy telling me about Cody's arrest the next time I went back to the Agency.

Dracarys!

Spoiler:
Well, even if you were talking to Cody, it shouldn't have mattered (though I did fix that), as that was still part of day one. What I'm concerned with is how you teleported from there to the second day, because you SHOULD have seen a scene with Togamera like you did... Just a completely different one.

What did you do between the time you spoke to Cody and when you spoke to Togamera? What path did you take?

Also, when you spoke to Stranger2Love, did you actually select the TALK option? That flag doesn't trigger until you do that.

Spoiler:
I don't really remember what if anything I did between meeting Cody and meeting Togamera. Togamera started going on about how his case isn't the same as Williamson's case because he's investigating Webb's crimes whereas Williamson is investigating the crime against Webb, which sounds like something that should happen on the first day, but then part way through we got onto the subject of the admin and I got pointed to Simms.

Your point about talking to Stranger2Love might actually be the issue now that I think about it, although my last save is when you enter Webb's house for the first time so it'll be a while before I can get back to there to check.

Mia Payne

Spoiler:
I'm in the conversation of spoilers too! :gant:

Spoiler:
As it turned out, having failed to speak to Stranger2Love was the problem. I've now completed the case without any time paradoxes.

Now that I've finally registered here, I can express myself about this game! I love it and I've been following the progress on it for more than a year now! Incredible fangame for a mostly one-person endeavour and I can't wait for the next parts!

Hey guys.
I just stumbled over those fan cases and I'd like to know if there also playable on the DS/3DS with a R4 card?

DevilsClaw1991 wrote:
Hey guys.
I just stumbled over those fan cases and I'd like to know if there also playable on the DS/3DS with a R4 card?

Sadly no, you can only play this game with Pywright.
Signature loading, please wait...

Dracarys!

cesar26100 wrote:
DevilsClaw1991 wrote:
Hey guys.

Sadly no, you can only play this game with Pywright.

What he said. As far as I know, the only systems Pywright is compatible on are PC, Mac, and Android (maybe Linux as well... I'd have to check up on that.)

Also, hopefully the final update before I get T-Con out...

Artwork-wise, everything is now complete. I've heard back from all but one of the beta-testers, and I'm aware that he's working on it, but just having some technical difficulties.

I'm revising a few scenes, which shouldn't take too long, but as stated before, it won't be released until Pywright .989 is ready. In the meantime, I'll be working on the rough draft for Turnabout into the Unknown (roughly halfway complete) and sprites for A Super Effective Turnabout (hopefully released within a few months).

I hope Fuandon makes videos about Case 3

Dracarys!

I'd be surprised if he didn't.

On a separate note, my computer's power cord broke recently, so I no longer have home access. All the CoI files are safe on my hard drive and backed up, just in case. However, I won't be able to do any work on it until the new cable mails in.

An idea that how near is the case to the finnishing line?

NYAN

Dracarys!

The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:

It's about where it was the last time I made an update. I haven't had time to really work on it since then, as a result of my computer's cable breaking and grad school work. There's one specific scene that I'm currently aiming to rewrite and that shouldn't take too long. Once I do, I'm sending it out to one of the testers again and then depending on whether or not Pywright .989 is out yet, I'll release the case.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:

It's about where it was the last time I made an update. I haven't had time to really work on it since then, as a result of my computer's cable breaking and grad school work. There's one specific scene that I'm currently aiming to rewrite and that shouldn't take too long. Once I do, I'm sending it out to one of the testers again and then depending on whether or not Pywright .989 is out yet, I'll release the case.

I am not "programmer savvy" so can you explain in layman's terms, what the different between 988 and 989?

Turnabout RPG Developer

Praise Helix that our savior Bird Jesus is delivering this case to us! Oh, if only Digrat were with us to celebrate the occasion...

Y'know

I'm watching Fuandon play this right now and I can't help but to think that this fangame would fit PW era so much better rather than AJ one <.<

The one with many faces

Blizdi wrote:
Ropfa wrote:
The_Turnabout_Guy wrote:

I am not "programmer savvy" so can you explain in layman's terms, what the different between 988 and 989?

Let's just say, for simplicity's sake, that there will be bug fixes and custom viewing modes. Plus other improvements. ;)

Dracarys!

For me, the big reason I'm holding the case back is the SFX update Pywright is getting.

Mia Payne

Ropfa wrote:
For me, the big reason I'm holding the case back is the SFX update Pywright is getting.

K bro... take all the time you need... *knife near wrist* :pearl: :basil: :eh?: :javado:

No hurry *also knife near wrist*

NYAN

So, Ropfa... how's the power cord situation now? I'm not trying to be a "IZ IT DONE YET" guy, I'm merely asking.

Dracarys!

The power cord's fixed. I'm just waiting on A) A follow-up on the beta-testing, and B) Pywright .989.

So nothing that's in my hands right now, guys. Sorry.

Dracarys!

I was hoping to get T-Con released alongside Pywright .989, but it's taking a bit longer than I was expecting (not blaming anyone, I'm sure everybody's busy in real life and has more important things to work on than Phoenix Wright). So, I'm going to be releasing the first half of T-Consequences later this week, after I run through the case a final time.

The reason I was holding back for .989 is that this update incorporates the clicking SFX whenever you select something in the menu, list, or the court record. I edited all my cases so that the sounds wouldn't play twice. This means that if you don't have .989, there will be no clicking SFX at all. However, as T-Con will be released before .989 comes out, I've readded the SFX into that case. All the others cases (ATIWATW, TRT, and TOTW) are currently sound effect-less and will remain so until .989 is released. I assume that most people who play T-Con will already have played the others, so it won't be an issue (plus, the SFX are cosmetic additions anyway). When .989 is eventually released, I'll update the case to remove the SFX again.
Page 8 of 30 [ 1176 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 30  Next

Board index » Present Evidence » Games