Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 12 of 63[ 2503 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 63  Next

Re: Black Fable: When The Seagulls CryTopic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

"If you don't mind me, I'll go jam out on my guitar... See you all in the morning." Vincent said as he stands up, before he picks up his acoustic guitar and left the living room to head back to his room.

"I can't believe Lady Gloria is gone..." Allister said, looking down at the ground sadly.

After a few moments he joins the other butlers near the wall, to give the family space to mourn.

Kachu wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Sir Archer, this may not be the best time to ask, but now that Miss Gloria is deceased, who will handle our pay..?" Briggs whispered to Archer.

"Such concerns like that should be taken up with the head of the Moonview family." Archer replies, without even turning to face Briggs.

"You might be in some trouble. I doubt the new Head has any interest in keeping around lackluster servants..." Archer lets out a soft chuckle.

"...Oh, my," Briggs sighed bringing a hand to his mouth. "You jest, Sir Archer, yet I intend to keep my source of income in check."

Briggs let out a small chuckle.

"Allister is on my side, no? Do you think I'm lackluster, boy?"

fella

Due to his writer having just woke up, Asher had remained mostly silent the whole time, quite shocked by Gloria’s sudden passing on. He did glare daggers at James nearly the whole time, though, after he asked how much he’d inherit. He had taken notice of him sneaking off into the study, but didn’t bring it up as he mourned with the rest of the family.

“... Rest in peace, Grandmother,” was all he could utter as he hung his head in solemn silence.

ASCEND

"I no can take this sad mood anymore. I just go to sleep."

Billy slowly rose to his feet and headed for the door, pausing briefly to speak to Bertram.

"I'm glad you are one in charge of place, Barty," he said, "You doing good job of keeping place calm and looking after everyone. I know family will be safe tomorrow in your hands. Clearly you well-prepared to take on role.

"You too, Archie," he added, turning to the butler. "You must have cared about Gloria too, but you thinking only of family members now. Keep up good work."

Billy walked out of the room and disappeared...for approximately ten seconds, after which he popped his head back in.

"Does anyone actually know where bed is?" he asked.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Oh, my," Briggs sighed bringing a hand to his mouth. "You jest, Sir Archer, yet I intend to keep my source of income in check."

"Um... I think your work ethic is lackluster." Allister answered. "Mister Archer has to scold you a lot for not doing your job."

"O-Oh, but you're good at your job when you actually do it!" He quickly added, trying to soften the blow.

Twilip stands up and dabs at her eyes with the edge of her sleeve. "I'm going." She pauses and looks around. " I guess I will try to sleep with what time there is until the morning." She goes to leave, but before exiting the room proper she turns to address those who are still in the living room. "I know this isn't the time, but thanks for being here you guys. I think that mother would be happy at the very least most of the family could..." She trails off with the last bit and pauses to collect her thoughts. "I am glad that you're all here." She quickly turns to resume her walk to her room and is gone fairly quickly.

Joker wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Um... I think your work ethic is lackluster." Allister answered. "Mister Archer has to scold you a lot for not doing your job."

"O-Oh, but you're good at your job when you actually do it!" He quickly added, trying to soften the blow.

"...A betrayal with the strength of a thousand lashes," Briggs said, a solemn look washed over his face. "Never mind that. I shall persevere. Regardless, there's no doubt that Miss Gloria's passing will have no effect on my wealth."

Briggs took out another cigarette to smoke, not particularly worried to do so as Miss Gloria wasn't here to tell him not to.

Happy Maria

"...Are we all retiring, then?" Maurice sighed. "I suppose it's not to be unexpected... That said, I doubt I shall be getting any sleep tonight. Good grief... And it was only the first night, too."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...A betrayal with the strength of a thousand lashes," Briggs said, a solemn look washed over his face. "Never mind that. I shall persevere. Regardless, there's no doubt that Miss Gloria's passing will have no effect on my wealth."

Briggs took out another cigarette to smoke, not particularly worried to do so as Miss Gloria wasn't here to tell him not to.

"I-I'm sorry, Briggs." Allister said, feeling guilty. "Please don't hate me..."

‘Mickey’ didn’t immediately return to bed. He instead stepped out the front door, standing in the rain. It was pouring heavily and the clouds were so heavy so you couldn’t see a star in the sky, but he still looked up and stared.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Violet seemed to have nothing to say. A melancholic, yet at this point normal look plagued her face. "I might just... stay here. I don't think I'll get much sleep anyhow..."

Joker wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"I-I'm sorry, Briggs." Allister said, feeling guilty. "Please don't hate me..."

"Hey now," Briggs chuckled, patting Allister on the head. "A carefree guy like me is incapable of hate. All I can feel is disappointment. Some say that is perhaps worse, but who can say, really?"

He lit his cigarette, exhaling away from the child as if that would help.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Upon hearing the news, Jacqueline went quiet. It felt like her mind was being thrown in all sorts of different directions. How could Gloria have died so suddenly? It felt like only seconds ago she was happily eating another plum. She gently bit at her fingernails, not knowing what else to do. Everyone must be devastated. Who wouldn't be? Especially all of Gloria's sons . . .

Jacqueline decided to walk over to Bertram and do her best to comfort him, even if just a little. She knew he was keeping it all hidden, but still. She gently put a hand on his shoulder, rubbing it gently with a reassuring smile on her face. "I'm so very sorry, Bertie. I know this is terribly hard on you. But you can get through this, just as everyone can. I believe in you." She nodded, hoping she was helping.
*coughs awkwardly*

The wandering man walked back in from the rain a little later, seemingly unbothered that he was soaking wet. He tracked water into the house as he approached Briggs and Allister. “Imma need a place to sleep.” He curtly asked. “And liquor.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
The wandering man walked back in from the rain a little later, seemingly unbothered that he was soaking wet. He tracked water into the house as he approached Briggs and Allister. “Imma need a place to sleep.” He curtly asked. “And liquor.”

"...Oh dear," Briggs sighed, tapping his foot impatiently. "You may want to dry off first. You sullying the floors and creating more and more work for dear Sir Archer. As for the alcohol, I'd be delighted to grab a drink for you."

With a surprising lack of sarcasm, Briggs headed off to get some liquor for Mickey (notably without asking Mickey on what he wanted first).

Shy guy

Mujō.Samairu wrote:
Jacqueline decided to walk over to Bertram and do her best to comfort him, even if just a little. She knew he was keeping it all hidden, but still. She gently put a hand on his shoulder, rubbing it gently with a reassuring smile on her face. "I'm so very sorry, Bertie. I know this is terribly hard on you. But you can get through this, just as everyone can. I believe in you." She nodded, hoping she was helping.

"Thank you, Jackie," Bertram replied quietly, offering a small smile in return. "Truth be told, I was worried something like this might happen. I didn't want to say it while the others - especially James - were around, but before dinner today mother told me she'd decided to change the family finances. Something about how happy she was to see so much of her family together again. I think she might have known she was on the way out... I take some comfort in knowing that she did the best she could to settle her affairs first, and to leave after one last party with her family. She must have been happy. I just wish I could be happy too, like she would probably want."

He paused to collect himself. Jacqueline could probably feel him shaking slightly again. "Still, if I can't be happy right now, I can at least be strong. It's easier with you by my side. You and Lucine."

Before long, Briggs had brought Mickey a bottle of liquor.

"This is, for the record, my favorite selection," Briggs said, clumsily handling the bottle over. "Please enjoy."

There was evidence that the bottle was 'used,' perhaps mid-delivery.

He seemed slightly perturbed that Briggs didn’t bring a glass, but that didn’t stop him from uncapping the bottle, taking a swig, and letting out an obnoxious “ahhhh”.

“Where exactly did Meemah find you?” He chuckled. “Is it that hard to find good help? Or were you sleeping with her on the side?” He smiled as he said that, lightly ribbing Briggs with his elbow.

JesusMonroe wrote:
He seemed slightly perturbed that Briggs didn’t bring a glass, but that didn’t stop him from uncapping the bottle, taking a swig, and letting out an obnoxious “ahhhh”.

“Where exactly did Meemah find you?” He chuckled. “Is it that hard to find good help? Or were you sleeping with her on the side?” He smiled as he said that, lightly ribbing Briggs with his elbow.

"...Ahaha, you charmer, you," Briggs fake-laughed, doing the bit where he crushed a cigarette in his pocket out of irritation. "I was just a young, lost lad who needed help. Miss Gloria was so kind to take me in."

Briggs wiped off his suit where Mickey ribbed him. "...I've heard quite the stories of you back in the day. Indeed, you're a curious man. You are nothing like the rest of the family. Are you another man who found it easy to plunder this family for their worth..?"

“Don’t worry, I won’t be mad. I think it’s sweet you kept a lonely old woman company.” He said this with his tongue crudely stuck out like a dog. Gross. This was his still-warm grandmother...

His eyes then flitted down at Briggs’ next question. “No.” He simply said. “Nothing here was easy. Not for people who have a soul at least.”

ARC I: The Call of the Golden Land

[THEME MUSIC]

One by one, lights turn off in Moonview Manor. The rain outside turns into quiet white noise. Gradually, exhaustion fights and wins out against anxiety for some.

Many though, can't sleep. And some wouldn't sleep even if they could.

Some people glance outside their rooms when they hear strange noises, only to go back to sleep when nothing is there.

The mansion is uncomfortably cold. The hot summer air has been buffeted from the large house by the torrents of water coming from the sky.

Dull gray light peaks in through the windows. It's a day that makes everyone want to stay in bed, curled up in their blankets.

Footfalls can be heard on the stairs as a new day begins.

[SCENE MUSIC]

[PLEASE CHECK YOUR QUICKTOPIC BEFORE POSTING]

fella

Still dressed in his striped pajamas and fuzzy slippers, Asher made his way out of his room, stretching his back out a bit with an audible *CRACK* and letting out a small yawn. He seemed a bit surprised at the crack, but hey, it helped him limber up.

"Really hope we can get into contact with someone soon so we can have a proper burial for Grandmother..." he commented to himself. He decided to make his way to the kitchen to grab something quick to eat.

"Good morning, cousin." Lucine greeted Asher right as he set foot in the kitchen. Though she was still in her pajamas (which my avatar will never reflect, ever), she seemed to have woken up early. She held a cup of coffee that seemed to have a lot of milk mixed with it.

"... It's a beautiful morning." she elaborated. Riveting.

Sock

"Good morning, Sir Asher." Archer, who was washing a plate, greeted him as well.

"It is not yet time for breakfast, however, I could still prepare you a snack if you are hungry."

Gettin' Old!

“We should have just left last night...I knew it.” Basil stood by the window of his bedroom. His eyes red and tired, it was clear he hadn’t slept that night. His suit was discarded on a comfortable chair and his tie hung loose and undone around his neck.

“First Diane, and now....” he cursed to himself and downed the whisky he had been nursing all night “No pull it together...this...this will be fine.” He glanced back at Wyn as she slept and nodded to himself “Just a little longer, for the family...”

Placing the glass down on the table, Basil headed into the en suite to grab a shower to wake himself up before Wyn woke.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

fella

"Good morning, Lucine. Archer," Asher replied to them, giving small nods of recognition in their directions.

"... Better than that storm last night, that's for sure. Hopefully... someone can make contact with the mainland today, so..." he trailed off, not wanting to talk about the uncomfortable memory of last night.

"A snack would be nice. Thank you, Archer."

Wow. For once, he didn't seem overly grumpy.

Allister entered the kitchen as well.

“Good morning, Sir Asher and Lady Lucine.” He said, bowing towards them. He then made his way over to Archer to begin helping him clean the dishes.

“Good morning to you too, Mister Archer.”

Sleeping is my life.

Vincent is coming down the stairs in his pajamas, rubbing one of his eyes with a hand. It looks like his hair is down. Vincent entered the ktichen to see that other people were present.

"Morning, folks. Some night this was..." Vincent commented as he stretch his arms.

Sock

Collin1002 wrote:
"Good morning, Lucine. Archer," Asher replied to them, giving small nods of recognition in their directions.

"... Better than that storm last night, that's for sure. Hopefully... someone can make contact with the mainland today, so..." he trailed off, not wanting to talk about the uncomfortable memory of last night.

"A snack would be nice. Thank you, Archer."

Wow. For once, he didn't seem overly grumpy.

"No luck on the phones. I checked as soon as I awoke. The storm is worse than we thought..."

Archer nodded to himself as he prepared Asher a small plate of some crackers and cheese. Though the cheese was not the best they had in stock, as Billy ate most of it the previous night.

"Good morning to you as well, Allister, Sir Vincent."

fella

"Mmm. Well, if all else fails, someone will probably need to sail out as long as the weather is calm to report her passing so proper arrangements can be made. ... Don't look at me, because I'm... not the best on ships."

Asher awkwardly coughed and glanced to the side, then simply waited for the cheese and crackers to be prepared.

Twilip stares at her reflection in one of the windows in her room. She looks at her tired, gloomy face and falls to her side, landing on a bed. "Now's as good a time as any I guess..." She mumbles as she curls up and tries to pass out for a few hours.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Ungh . . . " Zachary moaned as he awoke. It was a very uneasy night, periodic booms of thunder thwarting his attempts to rest. He instinctively rolled over and tapped his wife on the shoulder. "R-Robin, Robin dear, good morning."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Wyn saunters into the room in a pleasant morning robe. "Good morning, Zilly. Good morning, others." She says, covering her yawn with her hand. "I must say, I could get used to waking up in a place like this every day..."

Last edited by TheLetterF on Wed May 27, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slezak wrote:
"Ungh . . . " Zachary moaned as he awoke. It was a very uneasy night, periodic booms of thunder thwarting his attempts to rest. He instinctively rolled over and tapped his wife on the shoulder. "R-Robin, Robin dear, good morning."

Zachary's hand falls to the bed limply.

He blinks his eyes.

Nobody is there. Robin is missing.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

As his eyes finally came into some semblance of focus, he realized that he had been tapping at air.

"Ro-" That woke him up immediately. He leapt out of bed in a fit of adrenaline, threw on something half-presentable, and ran out of the room.

"Robin! Robin! Has anyone seen Robin!?" He shouted as he raced through the halls, hoping anyone would hear him.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Sleeping is my life.

"Yo, did anyone hear that?" Vincent asked the others, clearly referencing to the shouting coming from somewhere in the mansion. "That sounds like... Cousin Zach?"

Seems like Vincent have really good hearing to due to him being a musician.

The group in the kitchen glances around, surprised at the yelling coming from upstairs. As they move to go find Zachary, Vincent slips on something and slams on the ground, dazed.

The others look around and noticed that Vincent has slipped on some sort of puddle of clear liquid.

Other droplets lead away from the kitchen and towards the stairs to the cellar. Seems like somebody made a mess drinking something.

Sleeping is my life.

"Oooow...." Vincent groaned as he sat up on the floor, still dazed from slipping and falling. "What the hell did I slip on?"

Sock

Archer quickly rushes to Vincent's side. "Allister, some ice, please." He shouts.

"Are you okay, sir Vincent?" Archer kneels over and helps Vincent stand back up.
Page 12 of 63 [ 2503 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 63  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus