The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Mr. Bear Jew
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4353
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
- Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
- Location: Norcal
-
Okami Amaterasu
- Suspect

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 am
- Location: France
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto
-
Impossible
- Suspect

- Posts: 19
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 am
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
This thread needs a lot more Godot. I noticed heaps of awesome lines from him while playing the game.
Also, does anyone have the judge's line about why the spirit channelling stuff doesn't bother him anymore in 3-5? I really liked that.
Also, does anyone have the judge's line about why the spirit channelling stuff doesn't bother him anymore in 3-5? I really liked that.
-
Aijiru
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 105
- Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
- Location: Sevilla, Spain
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Maybe that's nothing new, but...
Spoiler: About the disc on 3-3

-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Okami Amaterasu wrote:I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto
Yeah that's right. He calls it "that 'refreshing like a spring breeze' crap".
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
The poem that Armstrong writes has three lines, each in relation to a prosecutor in the game. It mentions "coffe", "foolish cocktail", "tea". In that order, Godot, Franziska and Edgeworth.

-
The Sandwich
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4848
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
- Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
- Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Macbeth wrote:Spoiler: 3-5, Part 4-1
LOL MGS
fuck
-
TheDarkArchon
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 177
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
- Custom Title: *insert something witty here*
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
I would mark it down to PEGI being incompetent.
BTW, Phoenix said pissed in the first game when talking about Oldbag.
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Zanitora's "GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" outburst is, without a doubt, a reference to This

-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
TheDarkArchon wrote:grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
I would mark it down to PEGI being incompetent.
BTW, Phoenix said pissed in the first game when talking about Oldbag.
Yeah, pissed in the sense of being angry (as in "pissed off" I guess). This is allowed in a PG film.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Phonics Wright
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 94
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 am
- Custom Title: Ace Speller
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Sal said ass in the original
-
The Sandwich
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4848
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
- Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
- Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Phonics Wright wrote:Sal said ass in the original
Yup. It was like "My ass is pwned if I lose that script" or something.
fuck
-
SunChaoJun
- Suspect

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:39 am
- Custom Title: Screw the money, I have rules!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
D-Director!? (Sh-She's human!? She seems more like a ghost in a shell.)Brilliant.
WWI is probably the worst abbreviation for a gaming event ever, especially one which involves RTS games.
-On Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational event in South Korea
-On Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational event in South Korea
-
Brandon Strong
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 745
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
- Location: Wherever you least expect me to be
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
It always bugged me when he talked about people "working their butts off for him"...I was like nonono thats not how you say it at all...it really took away from the evilness of the moment.grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Sal does use the internet term "WTF" and the abbreviation "RTFC" in the first one, and we all know what they stand for ;)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Phoenix: (He's gotta be using some sort of infinite ammo code with that box of seeds...)
Oh, Phoenix. Breaking the 4th wall like it wasn't even there to begin with.
Oh, Phoenix. Breaking the 4th wall like it wasn't even there to begin with.


-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: Case 5: Investigation 1-2
That reminds me of the monologue joke from Scrubs.

-
Happiness Punch!
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1001
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:54 am
- Location: Finlalaland~
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Spoiler: 3-3
Tigre's cross-examination was full of gems
Also,
singing "Everything I do, I'll do it for you" was a reference to a Bruce Adams song, amirite? 
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Half right. Bryan Adams ;)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
The Sandwich
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4848
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
- Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
- Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Happiness Punch! wrote:Spoiler: 3-3
Tigre's cross-examination was full of gems![]()
Roaring your way through court is the way to go.
fuck
-
Dahlia Hawthorne
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 153
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 pm
- Custom Title: ;~;!
- Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
case 4:
judge's brother: ruh roh.
case 5
and finally::
:D
there's a lot more though, but these are just some that I liked :(
sorry if they're reposts.
judge's brother: ruh roh.
case 5
Spoiler: spoiler?
Spoiler: 5 again
Spoiler: 5 once more..
Spoiler: case 5
and finally::
Spoiler: case 5
:D
there's a lot more though, but these are just some that I liked :(
sorry if they're reposts.
Even when the body dies, the spirit, the ego, it lives on... forever.
-
Lord Wackruntlje
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
- Custom Title: Speed up, n00b
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
You did it, didn't you?
Yes.
What?
! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.
-
surasshu
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
- Custom Title: ;_;
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:Spoiler: case 5
:D
Hahahaha, that was my favourite thing when playing Edgy! Just having him freak out over this issue tickles my funnybone, especially since he's getting harassed by Larry and Gumshoe, two of the most singularity useless characters in the game (in general).

I also liked these:
Spoiler:
:D!
Spoiler:
She's so right!

-
illuminise
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 107
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm
- Custom Title: Magenta-coloured speedos!
- Location: straddling some poor helpless young man
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:case 4:
and finally::Spoiler: case 5
:D
This has spawned possibly the crackiest fic I've done since coming into this fandom. And that includes the 16 page Gant/Celeste one I finished last night.

Oh Edgey, you're hopeless. <3
[ i l l u m i n a t e ]
Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::godot: You did it, didn't you?
Yes.
What?
! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.
LMAO, can't wait to see that :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I like how much effort they put into Lisa Basil's and the progammer's lines. I mean, it's so high-techy, but it's all correct and not-sci-fi. I actually got the majority of the programmers ramble about global variables.
I <3 global variables, BTW.
I <3 global variables, BTW.

-
Lord Wackruntlje
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
- Custom Title: Speed up, n00b
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
-
Mayhem
- Moderators

- Posts: 631
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
- Custom Title: Chaos wolf
- Location: London, England
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Not sure if this has been done... case 3-5, Larry gets called something along the lines of a namby-pamby goosey loosey loser... and then the judge reiterates the same line to him :p
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
360 gamertag: Mayhem64
360 gamertag: Mayhem64
-
Aijiru
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 105
- Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
- Location: Sevilla, Spain
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::godot: You did it, didn't you?
Yes.
What?
! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.
I wish Manfred Von Karma had been the prosecutor here, it would have been pretty impressive
.
-
Yokusa
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 pm
- Custom Title: Unprofessional Procrastinator
- Location: *insert witty location here*
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
Oh...my...God...
Atmey's the best XD

This post is now 20% cooler!
-
Lord Wackruntlje
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
- Custom Title: Speed up, n00b
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
(Gumshoe and Phoenix bicker)
Oh come on. Just kiss eachother and make up already.
(About Jean Armostrong)
I can't stop thinking about her- I mean, him.
You... can't stop thinking about him?
Yeah..., I mean NO! It's not like... he's not my type or anything!
Gumshoe's sexuality seems to be confirmed.
Oh come on. Just kiss eachother and make up already.(About Jean Armostrong)
I can't stop thinking about her- I mean, him.
You... can't stop thinking about him?
Yeah..., I mean NO! It's not like... he's not my type or anything!Gumshoe's sexuality seems to be confirmed.

-
Atsime
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 153
- Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 am
- Custom Title: It's always for the lulz.
- Location: My Home
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Lord Wackruntlje wrote::aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
So FUNNY!!

-
Daramue
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
- Custom Title: Zvarri!
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
How would the word "crap" make the rating go up? In comparison, the words "Hell" and "Damn", both used in the game are more explicit than "crap".

-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Not just that word, but I always thought "crap" is slightly more explicit in the UK?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Raphael .K. Brice
- Suspect

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:20 pm
- Custom Title: Stronger Than Dirt
- Location: Behind your sofa.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
In the UK, neither "Hell" nor "Damn" are considered offensive. "Crap" would be much more likely to increase the rating, though isn't considered proper swearing.
Yes. Yes. No. But of course. Perhaps. Shut up about your breathing. No, I won't leave.
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I'm kinds skimming this thread so I don't spoiler myself too much so apologies if this has already been mentioned.
Minor spoiler for Case 3:2:
Makes me laugh on more than one level.
Minor spoiler for Case 3:2:
Spoiler:
Makes me laugh on more than one level.

"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
I bet you weren't as surprsed by them using "crap" as you were when they used "bugger" then? I nearly fell off my chair.
I'm just waiting for "wanker" now.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
illuminise
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 107
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm
- Custom Title: Magenta-coloured speedos!
- Location: straddling some poor helpless young man
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
KingMobUK wrote:grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
I bet you weren't as surprsed by them using "crap" as you were when they used "bugger" then? I nearly fell off my chair.
I'm just waiting for "wanker" now.
Well, judging by the accent they gave Edgeworth... *ponders the possibility of this* I would lol so hard.

(They said bugger? Dammit I need to replay the games, STAT).
[ i l l u m i n a t e ]
Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Where on earth did they say "bugger" in JFA? I have the US version, didn't notice that?...
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

I believe the correct definition for a cornered fox is, "scared and petrified".
Umm.... Witness. Please state your name and occupation for th---
Grrraaaaaaargh!
Aaaaaah! *hides under table*
What'youse say to me!?


