The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
Phoenix Soul
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:43 am
Custom Title: .......

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Phoenix Soul »

They don't, Phoenix and the Judge say it in....3-2 or 3-3 (I can't remember, sorry), when Phoenix messes up presenting a piece of evidence.
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by KingMobUK »

grim_tales wrote:Where on earth did they say "bugger" in JFA? I have the US version, didn't notice that?...
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).


I can't remember where it was in the games but I do remember going "YOU WHAT"?

It was used in the sense of "bugger about" or "bugger off" as I recall (not in the sexual manner)!

It's deffo in GS2 though as I have only just started GS3.
Last edited by KingMobUK on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by KingMobUK »

illuminise wrote:Well, judging by the accent they gave Edgeworth... *ponders the possibility of this* I would lol so hard. :keiko:
(They said bugger? Dammit I need to replay the games, STAT).


I'm hoping for a good curse of "bollocks" myself but fear it will be a fruitless wait!
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

:maggy: : I'm gonna stay up all night and blog about what happened!

o.O from jail?
Image
Brandon Strong
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Wherever you least expect me to be

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Brandon Strong »

KingMobUK wrote:I'm hoping for a good curse of "bollocks" myself but fear it will be a fruitless wait!
Yeah, and I was hoping that young edgy would say "morning guv'nor" to the judge...but alas, it was not to be.
Mayhem
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
Custom Title: Chaos wolf
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mayhem »

In his best Dick van Dyke English accent yes... I remember "bugger" getting mentioned in one of the translations so I don't think he's imagining it...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

When I play the 2nd game again I'll look out for it.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Trabztress
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm
Custom Title: Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3
Location: At your door. With a scythe. >:D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Trabztress »

Spoiler: 3-5 Trial
:whip: You huffy, puffy, loosey-goosey whimpering wuss of a witness! (To larry)



Lol.
Image
I'm not going to be here very often anymore.
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by KingMobUK »

Mayhem wrote:In his best Dick van Dyke English accent yes... I remember "bugger" getting mentioned in one of the translations so I don't think he's imagining it...


In fact I've just encountered "buggers" in 3:2. Evidently this is considered perfectly respectable prose in GS Translation World!
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by KingMobUK »

grim_tales wrote:When I play the 2nd game again I'll look out for it.


Trouble is, I may have messed up horribly to get it. 2 was the first one I played properly and I was a bit sucky at figuring out what evidence to offer etc.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.

Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.
Image
illuminise
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Magenta-coloured speedos!
Location: straddling some poor helpless young man
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by illuminise »

Trabztress wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5 Trial
:whip: You huffy, puffy, loosey-goosey whimpering wuss of a witness! (To larry)



Lol.


New insults OHSHI--

... Wait, is that a FAKE reference? O: I'm sure the Chief says something like that to Dee.
"I was hoping with you as his partner he'd loose some of his loosey-goosey who-gives-a-good-goddamn attitude!"
"I may be a loose-goose but I'm an DAMN BUSY loose-goose."

Doubt it's actually a reference but amusing nonetheless.

Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.

THE MIRACLE NEVER HAPPEN.

*is shot* C'MON IT WAS SO EASY.
[ i l l u m i n a t e ]


Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
Artemis
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:50 pm
Custom Title: Team Stepladder
Location: Nowhere, right outside Downtown
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Artemis »

Mikker wrote:Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.

Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.

Spoiler: 3-3
Is that where he says something like, "Hah! The poison was in a green bottle, not that brown bottle!" I haven't played it yet... but I read the summary.
Image
Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?
Trabztress
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm
Custom Title: Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3
Location: At your door. With a scythe. >:D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Trabztress »

Spoiler: 3-5 Investigation
:edgeworth: I feel like I've seen this girl somewhere before! Was she from a prior case?

:gumshoe: Nope, can't be. We did a datatbase search with her fingerprints and came up with nothing.

:edgeworth: I see...(I just can't shake this nagging feeling)

:gumshoe: Well everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir.
Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped along the way or something...?

:edgeworth: Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from?!

:gumshoe: I didn't hear it from anyone.It's just sorta how I imagined you to be, sir.

:edgeworth: (D-do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)


Yes. Yes you do, sir.
Image
I'm not going to be here very often anymore.
Lord Wackruntlje
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Custom Title: Speed up, n00b

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Lord Wackruntlje »

:edgeworth: I detest talk of supernatural drivel. I suppose now you'll say she (Maya) has midi-chlorians?

:edgeworth: About this picture...
:Bikini: Well look at that! I look pretty s-to-the-exy, don't you think?

:gymshoe: I know that I look like it, but i'm not a superhero.
Image
axl99
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm
Custom Title: Colour monkey supreme
Location: Markham, Ontario
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by axl99 »

:chef: [*in the middle of giving himself some "TLC" in the kitchen]
:ack: [*walks in and freezes] M-my eyes... MY EYES!
IZSBHR
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:21 am
Custom Title: Animator who plays PW and watches ZIM :D
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by IZSBHR »

grim_tales wrote:
Okami Amaterasu wrote:I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto


Yeah that's right. He calls it "that 'refreshing like a spring breeze' crap".


There were a lot swears in #1. In JFA, there were a lot less.

"You're lying, dammit!" and

Spoiler: JFA
Edgeworth says "What the hell?" at one point.
It's a sad day when they leave the sex references in but don't have the fucking balls to swear.
Phoenix is totally Jewish.
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah but "hell" and "damnit" are very mild swears.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Escargotage
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Escargotage »

Not sure if it's been posted before. But this one caught my eye when replaying Case 5.

Spoiler: 3-5, sort of.
Upon presenting Iris to Larry during the investigation, he says something along the lines of, "C'mon, Edgey. You were a guy once. something something something."


Ahem. I lol'd. :gant:
Image
Doom Saber
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Doom Saber »

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but I was looking at one of the topics at the Capcom forum regarding the typos in the import version and read a few post made by other AA fans that said something about a
Spoiler:
lack of the super objection in the localization and how they wished it was added for the NA release.

With that said, was the super objection ever in the original japanese version dialogue or was this not present at all, when comparing it to the previous AA games?

I have no idea what the super objection is as I have yet to play AA3(waiting for it in the mail.)
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by grim_tales »

I don't know what "Super Objection" is either, it isn't in AA or JFA.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Guess_Who »

Spoiler: "Super Objection"
The "super objection" is a moment in case 5 when Phoenix and Young Mia are shown objecting at the same time. The moment itself is in the English version, but it doesn't have the echoing OBJECTION! sound effect found in the original.
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Does it really harm the game? :(
I think Capcom will put in those booming noises (can't really describe them, sorry) for when dramatic things happen.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Doom Saber
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Doom Saber »

Ah, okay. Thanks.

It would be nice to hear the super objection, but since I am also gettin the american version for the plushie alone, it would be cool if they added the sound clip. If not, it doesn't hurt the game like Grim says. Furthermore, after hearing the japanese sound sample on this site, it doesn't seem much though I can imagine it makes the scene more dramatic. Guess it is more of a trival thing though I would like to hear the added echoing effect if ever added in the NA release.
Artemis
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:50 pm
Custom Title: Team Stepladder
Location: Nowhere, right outside Downtown
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Artemis »

Spoiler: Case 3
:uramidn: Tender lender... is on your side... hee... hee... hee...

Hmm...perhaps a reference to Nationwide's motto?

Spoiler: Case 3
:igarashi: I wanted to stick my fingers up that judge's nose and yell "Objection!" in his ear!

:maya: Does that mean you wanted to be a lawyer when you grew up?
Image
Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?
User avatar
Wizpig
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 pm
Custom Title: Time Paradox
Location: Italy

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Wizpig »

Anyone got the exact quote of what Godot says in the second case? It's also his motto... something about Coffe being more bitter than Hell itself.
I also think there was a typo in that "motto", but... searching for it

EDIT: found
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
Image "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
Baki-Kun
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:41 am
Custom Title: Y E S! Y E S! Y E S!
Location: United Kingdom.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Baki-Kun »

Guess_Who wrote:
Spoiler: "Super Objection"
The "super objection" is a moment in case 5 when Phoenix and Young Mia are shown objecting at the same time. The moment itself is in the English version, but it doesn't have the echoing OBJECTION! sound effect found in the original.

Sounds like a GOHAAAN moment.
Image
TheGibbeynator
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 pm
Custom Title: The Worst Lawyer EVAR

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TheGibbeynator »

I get the feeling that this game is going to be banned in Europe. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I believe I saw someone say "spaz" in there once, and if Mario Party 8 taught me anything, using the word spaz in Europe is an insta-ban.
User avatar
Wizpig
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 pm
Custom Title: Time Paradox
Location: Italy

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Wizpig »

Europe? You mean UK, that is.
Europe is a large place, you know :P

Anyway they won't ban it.
That said: Man, guys, you aren't really Phoenix Wright fans, admit it. We got the BEST SONG in the game and no one quotes it. Yeah, i said song, because it is.

Case5:
Spoiler:
Gumshoe singing in case 5 on the Victor Kudo's theme :(
But i don't have the words... i'd love to.
Best song evah.
Image "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
Brandon Strong
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Wherever you least expect me to be

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Brandon Strong »

Bikini's reference to "material girl" was funny too.
TheDarkArchon
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
Custom Title: *insert something witty here*

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TheDarkArchon »

TheGibbeynator wrote:I get the feeling that this game is going to be banned in Europe. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I believe I saw someone say "spaz" in there once, and if Mario Party 8 taught me anything, using the word spaz in Europe is an insta-ban.


That's Nintendo playing self-censor again.
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Brandon Strong wrote:Bikini's reference to "material girl" was funny too.

Bikini: I guess you might say I'm an immaterial girl!
Gumshoe: I guess she's living in an immaterial world, huh, Mr. Edgeworth?


Something like that.

EDIT: Awesome Case 5 quote.

Spoiler: Read above line
:franny: That's precisely why I'm here. To destroy you in a case that means so much to you!
:phoenix: ...(It's probably the fever, but...)
:oops: (She's so openly hostile that it's almost kinda cute.)

:ack: :ka-whip:
:franny: No smirking!
Image
Tzibo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Custom Title: ...Zvarri!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Tzibo »

Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
:maya:: Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?

:keiko:: I'm sorry, that data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Acces password-protected.

:maya:: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! jatkuu...

:phoenix::No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.


See the reference? What movie's that? : D
Sebastian Stark
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sebastian Stark »

That reference is from 300, apparently. :P
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Doom Saber
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Doom Saber »

Just got the import from the mail and the spelling errors isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. I mean, I can see how things like "on," instead of "no" is overlooked, but others like "Graybeard" seems as if the localization team spells some of their words differently. However, the constant miscoloring of Ron's sentences like this (the bold parts suppose to be light grey, but I do not know how to do font colors on this site) seems abit irritiable since they I assume they were trying something like this instead where the last letter of the previous letter isn't a light grey with the rest; I guess the light grey is done as an indication that Ron is whispering.

Still, I am getting the domestic ver for that plushie

Anyways, some quotes I like are
Spoiler: references
when Mia, in the first case , she mentions the milkshake song.

I think the quote is when taking about Daliha and how the Judge and Payne are going gaga over her "It seems that her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Also, the Bennifer and Katty Tom reference is quite funny.
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Sandwich »

Tzibo wrote:
Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
:maya:: Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?

:keiko:: I'm sorry, that data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Acces password-protected.

:maya:: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness! jatkuu...

:phoenix::No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.


See the reference? What movie's that? : D


Someone's been living under a rock.
fuck
Rizuchan
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:47 pm
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Rizuchan »

There's a pretty scary amusing line from Adrian in the ending.

Spoiler: Ending
:adrian: I even got to see Ms. von Karma again after a year! She taught me how to use a whip and said I must show you [Phoenix] what I've learned...
Rebel Vanguard
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 996
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:21 pm
Custom Title: Smooth operator
Location: idk
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Rebel Vanguard »

Rizuchan wrote:There's a pretty scary amusing line from Adrian in the ending.

Spoiler: Ending
:adrian: I even got to see Ms. von Karma again after a year! She taught me how to use a whip and said I must show you [Phoenix] what I've learned...


That quote is so hilariously awesome its not even funny.
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by KingMobUK »

DarzieP wrote:
Someone's been living under a rock.


Me too actually - I've read the comic but not seen the movie.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
Sebastian Stark
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sebastian Stark »

I personally don't care enough to watch 300...not my kinda film. XD
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Post Reply