Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 30 posts ]
 


:(Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Well, Phoenix lost. But he did pass one round! Next year, we'll be unstoppable!!

And so, with a heavy heart, I urge you not to let Phoenix and Edgeworth's sacrifices be in vain, and vote for Bidoof!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/

There are enough Square Bois in the bracket anyway.
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

I haz animayshun skillz.

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere quiet, I hope.

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:42 pm

Posts: 129

I did. Win for them, Bidoof! No matter how dumb your name may be, win for them!
Image Thanks to KerimEelots for making my sig!
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Gender: Male

Location: Total Post Count: 3,050 + 4,000 and more

Rank: Donor

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:02 am

Posts: 4796

Never thought I would live to see the day that CR would actually want us to vote for Bidoof.

Well, I put in my 10 votes for Bidoofs in the name of the sacrifice that Nick and Edgeoworth made. :edgy:
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gant don't like if you draw him to desk

Gender: Male

Location: Finland

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:51 am

Posts: 118

This is surely sad... :sadshoe:

WE'LL WIN NEXT YEAR, RIGHT?!
This Signature is Insane. The writer of this signature may need psychotherapy, and as such, this signature should be taken as commercial.
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Gender: Female

Location: My feet may be in Iowa, but my heart's in Shikoku

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Posts: 2668

Screw Bidoof. Vincent FTW.

...I know, I know. Many Square characters always make it high up in the battle. But Vincent's never won anything, and I really like him. I say we take down Clinkeroth!
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Kofu, Japan

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:52 am

Posts: 8

Yeah, the Square fanboyism is SO effing annoying. I swear if Butz from FFV were on there he'd probably have a better chance than SF Ryu (I certainly hope I'm wrong on that). It's ok; a pseudo-cult following game like AA is obviously going to have less followers than games like Halo and all those other cool-because-they-simply-exist games. Doesn't mean it isn't better though ;)
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: CT

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Posts: 997

Sorry, already voted for Vincent, Link does need any help in the voting and I want to see Bidoof crash (which is what it looks like :D )
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Nevada

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am

Posts: 2739

I think I'll vote for Magus and Link.
Don't mind me, just passing through.
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ready to RAWK!?

Gender: Male

Location: Ontario, Canada.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Posts: 9051

Oy! First post on the forum, might as well make it a rant!

Alright. It's not actually all bad that Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth got eliminated. Why ye ask? Lets look at the facts:

The person who got first in Phoenix's bracket was Mario. Now, lets assume that Phoenix would've beaten Big Boss and Magus (Magus from Chrono Trigger, another game with a huge fan base). That would make the next battle.... Phoenix vs. Mario vs. Fox vs. Sephiroth. Phoenix WOULD lose in this round. Why? For the past FIVE character battles, the finalists have always been the same person (who wins every year), and either Sephiroth, or Mario. So think of it this way: Phoenix was up against a contest FINALIST! and if he continued, he'd be up against TWO! It took a FINALIST to defeat him. Phoenix did great, and that's something I can't see a reason to object to!

Now, Miles Edgeworth's bracket was even MORE unfair, especially the winner of his brackets. Why? Here's the reason, in 8 words or less:

EDGEWORTH WAS UP AGAINST THE REIGNING GAMEFAQS CHAMPION!

Link has won, by my recollection, every single Character battle tournament since the first one. Now, when it comes to Bidoof, I must admit, it disappoints me that Miles lost. (personal opinion, next time, choose Godot, Gamefaqs!!!). However, if he DID win, lets see who he would be up against:

Link vs. Miles Edgeworth vs. Zelda vs. Vincent Valentine.

Alright. Link would win, hands down, but would Miles be a runner up? Cruel Honesty Content ahead!!!:

Zelda is in the same category as Peach: always has to be rescued because she always gets kidnapped every single game in the series. However, Vincent Valentine is a Final Fantasy character. What's more, he's a Final Fantasy VII character. In sheer, brutal honesty... the final fantasy VII characters are VERY difficult to eliminate off the boards. However, lets say the best case scenerio was inputted, and Miles got the runner-up position. The next bracket would be....

Link vs. Miles vs. what I assume are going to be Crono and either Raiden or Zero.

Unfortunately, Miles would lose here. Link would be first, but if you recall, I spoke of Magus being in a game with a huge fan base. Crono is the MAIN character in Magus' game of origin. Main character of a video game with a huge fan base... As good as Miles is, he could never stand against that kind of competition. However, he WAS in the same bracket as the reigning champion, so lets all agree that if it wasn't for him being against the champ, Edgeworth would get very far... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Many of you are probably thinking now, "What's your point?". The point is elementary: Phoenix and Miles were eliminated by the contest finalists and the contest champs, and if not now, then they would be later on! However, lets see what will happen next year, hmm? Before long, maybe, just MAYBE, PW's fanbase will be large enough to make this the finals:

Phoenix Wright
Link
Miles Edgeworth
Sephiroth

And that?.... that's cool. *bites into an apple*... Hey, there's a sticker on this! ... "Property of... Dah-li-a?"... crap.
Image
Image Image Image Image
Posted by Request.
Sig by Elriel. Avatar taken from a YouTube video of Rawk Hawk's Theme.
Sig changed on December 08, 2008. Avatar changed on December 14, 2008.
Re: :(Topic%20Title

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Gender: None specified

Location: Hotel Moscow

Rank: Donor

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 am

Posts: 841

Why do you all even take this remotely seriously--or like he had a chance? Everyone knows the only people who win Gfags awards are Link, Cloud, or Sephiroth.
Re: :(Topic%20Title

OH SHI-

Gender: None specified

Location: Spain

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Posts: 79

Tajiri Ami wrote:
Screw Bidoof. Vincent FTW.

...I know, I know. Many Square characters always make it high up in the battle. But Vincent's never won anything, and I really like him. I say we take down Clinkeroth!

Amen to that! XD too bad Seph will do it even if we rebel against him... and i hate to admit it...but I love Sephiroth to bits and I'll be happy if he wins some place...*Ela dodges flying tomatos and knives*
http://felicia-val.deviantart.com<--My DeviantART site ^^
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Posts: 965

i voted once...and bleh look what happens my lucks horrible... :sadshoe:
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Gender: Female

Location: My feet may be in Iowa, but my heart's in Shikoku

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Posts: 2668

Ela-chan wrote:
and i hate to admit it...but I love Sephiroth to bits and I'll be happy if he wins some place...*Ela dodges flying tomatos and knives*


No fault there... I happen to be a big fan of FFVII, hence my vote for Vincent. (Bidoof had it coming to him. Revenge.) I don't think it would have such a huge fanbase unless it was a pretty good game to begin with. It's not that I dislike Square or the Nintendo biggies, in fact I love all of them... I'm just tired of seeing them win constantly, particularly the unholy trifecta of Cloud, Sephiroth, and Link (AKA Clinkeroth).

But oh well, there's always next year.

Kenjimurasame wrote:
Why do you all even take this remotely seriously--or like he had a chance?

To make people like you ask why... :godot: I never thought there was a chance for our boys, but I thought it was worth trying to see if they could make it past the first round... And Phoenix did. He even beat Bomberman, someone much more well-established and fairly popular. I'd say that's a victory for our little fandom.
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Rookie

Gender: Female

Location: The US of A

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:34 pm

Posts: 508

I refuse to vote for the rat that beat Edgeworth in the first round.
Re: :(Topic%20Title

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Gender: None specified

Location: Hotel Moscow

Rank: Donor

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 am

Posts: 841

Kenjimurasame wrote:
Why do you all even take this remotely seriously--or like he had a chance?

To make people like you ask why... :godot: I never thought there was a chance for our boys, but I thought it was worth trying to see if they could make it past the first round... And Phoenix did. He even beat Bomberman, someone much more well-established and fairly popular. I'd say that's a victory for our little fandom.[/quote]

FICTIONAL CHARACTER POLL FANDOM BATTLES: SERIOUS BUSINESS
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Love, learn, live.

Gender: Female

Location: Lurking here and there.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:02 am

Posts: 3426

:redd-is-white: NOOOOOOO!!!!!

*sigh* oh well hopefully they'll win next year!
Re: :(Topic%20Title

OH SHI-

Gender: None specified

Location: Spain

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:38 pm

Posts: 79

Tajiri, i have to agree with you twice XD and with Officer 1BDI too XD
http://felicia-val.deviantart.com<--My DeviantART site ^^
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

NOW TAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PAD!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Posts: 630

Next year, let us vote Mia Fey. People will be overcome by her beauty and vote for her! IT'S A SHEER PROOF PLAN!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Image
Art by the talented Vickinator, thank you! ^_^
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ask about my avatar for a chilling story

Gender: Male

Location: Ohio, the King of America

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Posts: 998

AND NOW, WHEN WE DO VOTE FOR BIDOOF, HE'S LOSING! Fuck it, I'm voting for Link.
ImageTHERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWERImage
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

What a Day. . .

Gender: Male

Location: OH, Chillin

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:10 am

Posts: 1160

Bidoof for Life!!! *cough*link*cough*
Sorry, I'm allergic to my own BS.
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

NOW TAKE IT TO THE LAUNCH PAD!

Gender: Female

Location: UK

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Posts: 630

I voted for Zelda...AND BIDOOF IS BEATING HER! :chinami:
Image
Art by the talented Vickinator, thank you! ^_^
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Gender: Female

Location: My feet may be in Iowa, but my heart's in Shikoku

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Posts: 2668

Kenjimurasame wrote:
FICTIONAL CHARACTER POLL FANDOM BATTLES: SERIOUS BUSINESS

CASUAL RESPONSE TO FORUM QUESTION: SERIOUS BUSINESS
C'mon, Kenji. It's not like my tone was offended or serious. I was just trying to make fun of the fact that you're always treating everyone with such arrogance.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, I don't dislike you. I just don't get how you can be so harsh on people having fun with their fandom.
Image


Last edited by Tajiri Ami on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ask about my avatar for a chilling story

Gender: Male

Location: Ohio, the King of America

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Posts: 998

Tajiri Ami wrote:
Kenjimurasame wrote:
FICTIONAL CHARACTER POLL FANDOM BATTLES: SERIOUS BUSINESS

CASUAL RESPONSE TO FORUM QUESTION: SERIOUS BUSINESS
C'mon, Kenji. It's not like my tone was offended or serious. I was just trying to make fun of the fact that you're always treating everyone with such arrogance.

...Did you JUST notice that?
ImageTHERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWERImage
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4352

...Why are we voting for Bidoof?
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Gender: Female

Location: My feet may be in Iowa, but my heart's in Shikoku

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Posts: 2668

Agent Macbeth wrote:
...Why are we voting for Bidoof?

I haven't the faintest... Maybe Croik has Bidoof in her bracket.
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title

Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg

Gender: None specified

Location: Hotel Moscow

Rank: Donor

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 am

Posts: 841

Tajiri Ami wrote:
Kenjimurasame wrote:
FICTIONAL CHARACTER POLL FANDOM BATTLES: SERIOUS BUSINESS

CASUAL RESPONSE TO FORUM QUESTION: SERIOUS BUSINESS
C'mon, Kenji. It's not like my tone was offended or serious. I was just trying to make fun of the fact that you're always treating everyone with such arrogance.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, I don't dislike you. I just don't get how you can be so harsh on people having fun with their fandom.


You say arrogance like it's a bad thing. ;3
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

Idol of Polar Bears

Gender: Male

Location: Norcal

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Posts: 4352

Some people get a kick out of arrogance in general.
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

I'm voting for Bidoof because it's what Edgeworth would have wanted. Bested by a freak of nature, which lasted only one round more? SHAMEFUL. Losing to Mario/Magus/Big Boss is at least respectable.
ImageImage
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Gender: Female

Location: My feet may be in Iowa, but my heart's in Shikoku

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Posts: 2668

Croik wrote:
I'm voting for Bidoof because it's what Edgeworth would have wanted. Bested by a freak of nature, which lasted only one round more? SHAMEFUL. Losing to Mario/Magus/Big Boss is at least respectable.

Ah... I see. Well, I can understand that, but I'm completely unwilling to concede an inch to that annoying little beaver. Edgy is probably way more interested in seeing an attractive and successful gunman defeat said beaver. :redd: I'd like to think so.
Image
Re: :(Topic%20Title
User avatar

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Gender: Female

Location: America

Rank: Admin

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am

Posts: 5255

Hm, would Edgey be a Vincent fan? I imagine that he'd either love the emo and eat it up as eagerly as any Square fangirl, but on the hand...his taste runs more to "hereos of justice" rather than silent, brooding, sort-of heroes.
ImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ] 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO