I thought it was pretty awesome despite skepticism, I mean normally for trilogies I feel the magic is gone by the third one like Shrek the Third and Terminator 3 still this one surpassed the second Ice Age.
Simon Pegg's character, Buck a psychotic jungle-living Weasel makes for great laughs and he'll be a favourite character for many I'd imagine.
Besides that theres plenty of cute moments and entertainment from Diego and the rest of the crew, Crash and Eddie in particular are developed more as disciples of Buck.
My only objection would there being a little less Sid for my liking but hey thats possibly just personal preference, if it would mean sacrificing some scenes of Buck for scenes of Sid I'd rather they just left the Buck jokes in.
Anyway I recommend you all go see it, sure it's for kids but it didnt stop me an my mates laughing our heads off at it.
One pals said : Better than Transformers 2 and Terminator: Salvation.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
300 - ?/10 I only half watched it last night while I was making an OC, so I don't want to give it a definite score yet. But from what I could tell, I'd give it a 7/10. The violence is enjoyably bloody, and there are so many good, quotable lines. The hunchback dude freaks me out, but I feel bad for him. An all-around decent flick, in my non-final opinion.
Oh dear god. I should really clarify that the only reson I even watched it was because my brother had it on, and we had to eat dinner in that room, but... oh dear god. What. Seriously, WHAT?! Urgh. Not even worth wasting a proper review on. Oh, but I will say this: FIGHTING IS BAD. Yep. And they spend about 5 minutes straight drilling that into us for no particular reason.
Oh dear god. I should really clarify that the only reson I even watched it was because my brother had it on, and we had to eat dinner in that room, but... oh dear god. What. Seriously, WHAT?! Urgh. Not even worth wasting a proper review on. Oh, but I will say this: FIGHTING IS BAD. Yep. And they spend about 5 minutes straight drilling that into us for no particular reason.
Then they get they're memories erased and they forget fighting is bad. Well I still like it better then transformers 2 because it didn't rape the nostalgia factor as much
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
BlackJack wrote:Being 13, you don't realize that a suck-ass Pokemon film IS a rape of nostalgia.
I do man... but I love Transformers (I actually LOVE the 1986 movie, I know I wasn't born with it but I watched it when I was 5), but 2 was worse then any pokemon anything.
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
Turnabout Clerk wrote:Then they get they're memories erased and they forget fighting is bad.
So in other words, they spend a good, excruciating 5 minutes drilling into us how fighting is bad, and then they all forget it and just go back to beating the crap out of each other.
Oh dear god. I should really clarify that the only reson I even watched it was because my brother had it on, and we had to eat dinner in that room, but... oh dear god. What. Seriously, WHAT?! Urgh. Not even worth wasting a proper review on. Oh, but I will say this: FIGHTING IS BAD. Yep. And they spend about 5 minutes straight drilling that into us for no particular reason.
I dunno...I'd give the film maybe one point for killing Ash....
But yeah the original transformers is groovy
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:So in other words, they spend a good, excruciating 5 minutes drilling into us how fighting is bad, and then they all forget it and just go back to beating the crap out of each other.
Oh dear god. I should really clarify that the only reson I even watched it was because my brother had it on, and we had to eat dinner in that room, but... oh dear god. What. Seriously, WHAT?! Urgh. Not even worth wasting a proper review on. Oh, but I will say this: FIGHTING IS BAD. Yep. And they spend about 5 minutes straight drilling that into us for no particular reason.
TAKE THAT BACK
TAKE IT BACK NOW
"Kenzen naru tamashii wa, Kenzen naru seishin to. Kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru."
Oh dear god. I should really clarify that the only reson I even watched it was because my brother had it on, and we had to eat dinner in that room, but... oh dear god. What. Seriously, WHAT?! Urgh. Not even worth wasting a proper review on. Oh, but I will say this: FIGHTING IS BAD. Yep. And they spend about 5 minutes straight drilling that into us for no particular reason.
I dunno...I'd give the film maybe one point for killing Ash....
For about 5 seconds...
maka wrote:
Lind_L_Tailor wrote:Pokemon: The First Movie
0/10
Oh dear god. I should really clarify that the only reson I even watched it was because my brother had it on, and we had to eat dinner in that room, but... oh dear god. What. Seriously, WHAT?! Urgh. Not even worth wasting a proper review on. Oh, but I will say this: FIGHTING IS BAD. Yep. And they spend about 5 minutes straight drilling that into us for no particular reason.
BlackJack wrote:And, I'm sorry, Maka. But Pokemon has been a major part of my life for 8+ years. And even I thought that PM: TFM was fandom rape.
Haha, I know it's awful. But when you're 7 and Pokemon is the best thing in the world and the first movie comes out, you don't think about whether it's good or bad.
Sorry, but I loved it. :D
"Kenzen naru tamashii wa, Kenzen naru seishin to. Kenzen naru nikutai ni yadoru."
BlackJack wrote:And, I'm sorry, Maka. But Pokemon has been a major part of my life for 8+ years. And even I thought that PM: TFM was fandom rape.
Haha, I know it's awful. But when you're 7 and Pokemon is the best thing in the world and the first movie comes out, you don't think about whether it's good or bad.
Sorry, but I loved it. :D
Unfortunately, I was 10. Able to see through my rose-tinted fandom and look at the movie for the over-hyped piece of Tauros crap that it was.
I would have to review on here. I hate when I want to know if something is good or not, and all I get is a rating. That doesn't tell me much of anything.
Hmm maybe I'll go see public enemies this wednesday but I'm not a particular Bale or Depp fan. There's not much else out just now I've not seen.
Still sad I missed Red Cliff
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Depp butchered Willie Wonka and I'm not a screaming fangirl so I don't need to go crazy over him and I don't like Bale for his reaction in THAT incident involving the lightguy, plus I didn't think he was particularly great in Terminator Salvation. Well thats not true I can't judge acting but he was in a film I didn't think was great so he contributed being a leading role.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Herr Blondie wrote:Depp butchered Willie Wonka and I'm not a screaming fangirl so I don't need to go crazy over him
True about Willie Wonka. But I blame Tim Burton. It wasn't Depp's acting that killed that movie. If anything it salvaged whatever it could. And havinf personal relationships with many Depp fangirls, I can agree that they do scream. Very loud. Very often.
Herr Blondie wrote:and I don't like Bale for his reaction in THAT incident involving the lightguy, plus I didn't think he was particularly great in Terminator Salvation. Well thats not true I can't judge acting but he was in a film I didn't think was great so he contributed being a leading role.
I don't judge (most) actors by their actions outside of films. As long as Bale keeps making great films, I can deal with him being a Psycho IRL as well as his films (when he starts calling himself "Patrick", run). And, once again, it wasn't Bale's acting (or Sam Worthington's for that matter) that screwed up Terminator: Salvation. The laughable giant robot fight sequences, the shoddy supporting cast's acting (especially that Russian kid from Star Trek's), and the irreverent self-referential quotes killed it.
maka wrote:I can't stand Bale. Him and Hugh Jackman annoy me to no end.
Herr Blondie wrote:Depp butchered Willie Wonka and I'm not a screaming fangirl so I don't need to go crazy over him
True about Willie Wonka. But I blame Tim Burton. It wasn't Depp's acting that killed that movie. If anything it salvaged whatever it could. And havinf personal relationships with many Depp fangirls, I can agree that they do scream. Very loud. Very often.
Herr Blondie wrote:and I don't like Bale for his reaction in THAT incident involving the lightguy, plus I didn't think he was particularly great in Terminator Salvation. Well thats not true I can't judge acting but he was in a film I didn't think was great so he contributed being a leading role.
I don't judge (most) actors by their actions outside of films. As long as Bale keeps making great films, I can deal with him being a Psycho IRL as well as his films (when he starts calling himself "Patrick", run). And, once again, it wasn't Bale's acting (or Sam Worthington's for that matter) that screwed up Terminator: Salvation. The laughable giant robot fight sequences, the shoddy supporting cast's acting (especially that Russian kid from Star Trek's), and the irreverent self-referential quotes killed it.
I doubt Depp had no hand in the characterisation of Willy Wonka him and Burton are like busom buddies, Depp would probably have added the odd changes to the character so it fits his acting style better. That said cutting the music scene ruined it anymore.
And why not judge actors by their actions off screen? Thats where you get an insight into what they are really like, rather than a character on screen. Sam Worthington was very entertaining though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Herr Blondie wrote:I doubt Depp had no hand in the characterisation of Willy Wonka him and Burton are like busom buddies, Depp would probably have added the odd changes to the character so it fits his acting style better.
Maybe.....
Herr Blondie wrote:And why not judge actors by their actions off screen? Thats where you get an insight into what they are really like, rather than a character on screen.
Because when I choose my "favorite actors" I go by their acting talent. Not whether or not they're crazy. That's why I still say I like Tom Cruise. It doesn't mean I respect him, just that I like his acting.
So an actor, one that walks across the backs of other people literally, squanders money, supports Nazism lets say for arguments sake and is generally considered the evilest person in the world....
And if it was also the best actor in the world on screen, you'd still respect them?
People need to judge on more than talent.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.