Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Movie, TV, and anime chat.
Post Reply
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

You shouldn't hit your wife Blackjack..... yeah I got no movie scores.... sorry
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
BlackJack
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2701
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm
Custom Title: Friction, baby! - Keith Richards
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by BlackJack »

Herr Blondie wrote:Tch thats a problem.
So an actor, one that walks across the backs of other people literally, squanders money, supports Nazism lets say for arguments sake and is generally considered the evilest person in the world....
And if it was also the best actor in the world on screen, you'd still respect them?
People need to judge on more than talent.

BlackJack wrote:It doesn't mean I respect him, just that I like his acting.

People need to read comments more carefully. :nick:

Turnabout Clerk wrote:You shouldn't hit your wife Blackjack

You're right! :ack:

I'M SORRY, MAKA!! :Max-Cry:
ImageThanks to Lind_L_Tailor for the badass sig! :neil:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Your totally right BlackJack folks should read it more carefully, all the same....
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Pickens
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pickens »

Eureka Seven Pocket Full of Rainbows gets an Interesting attempt at some sort of pseudo sequel out of Tried to do too much for just a movie.
Zexion
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm
Custom Title: SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D
Location: North Carolina

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Zexion »

Bride Wars: 7/10 it was ok, some funny parts here and there (and the blue hair made me lol) but I got bored kinda fast...then it got good again, then boring...

Twilight: -4/10 do i even need a reason? it sucked. alot. :nick:
Image
Sig made by me :)
Image
inu98756
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am
Custom Title: Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by inu98756 »

Bubble Boy: 5/5

this was so funny! :gant-clap:

YOU WANT 500 DOLLA? :sawit-mad:
Image
Sig by me.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.
FlameInferno
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 am
Custom Title: This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice
Location: Up North

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by FlameInferno »

Marley & Me 8/10
It was so heartwarming and just so nicely done. I even found myself crying at the end.
Image

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**
BlackJack
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2701
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:03 pm
Custom Title: Friction, baby! - Keith Richards
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by BlackJack »

Superman Returns - 6/10
It was OK. And that's it. Very disappointing with it being Superman"s triumphant return to the silver screen after a near-20 year hiatus. But it can relax knowing that it isn't as bad as Superman 4.

That said, I love Kevin Spacey's portrayal of Lex Luthor. While this incarnation of Lex Luthor (Luthor, The Mad Criminal Scientist) isn't my favorite (I prefer the Malevolent Industrialist version of Luthor better), Spacey was still one of the only characters that kept the film from being a snore-fest.

Best quote: "WROOOOOONG!!"

And as a final note, Son of Superman = Fail.
ImageThanks to Lind_L_Tailor for the badass sig! :neil:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Zexion
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm
Custom Title: SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D
Location: North Carolina

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Zexion »

Fanal Fantasy XII Advent Children-10/10 One of the best movies ive EVER seen
Trasformers 2 - 8/10, it was pretty good, but way to perverted at some parts
Image
Sig made by me :)
Image
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Zexion wrote:Fanal Fantasy XII Advent Children-10/10 One of the best movies ive EVER seen
Trasformers 2 - 8/10, it was pretty good, but way to perverted at some parts


I didn't realise there was a Fanal Fantasy XII out :yogi:
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
inu98756
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am
Custom Title: Dahlia x Kristoph supporter.
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by inu98756 »

Die Hard - 5/5

epic action movie was epic. :D

"Yippie ki yay, motherfucker..." :marhsal:
Image
Sig by me.
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOWAKANA.
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

Zexion wrote:Fanal Fantasy XII Advent Children-10/10 One of the best movies ive EVER seen
Trasformers 2 - 8/10, it was pretty good, but way to perverted at some parts

You fail on SO MANY ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Hangover. 8.5/10. Very stupid. Very Funny. Very entertaining.
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
SerialVER
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1150
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm
Custom Title: GANTALITY!

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by SerialVER »

The Crow. 7/10

I liked the movie, it does 'lack' a certain something but it is still a fun movie in regards of revenge and atonement.

What other movie has a little girl who spends all day on the streets and sounds like a 50 a day smoker?

Watch this after watching Batman: The Dark Knight.
Image
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\
Feush
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 pm
Custom Title: a real imaginary friend
Location: Bat Cave
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Feush »

Cashback - 8/10
A strange drama masquerading as a comedy.
True it was funny at parts but it was a legitimately interesting and dramatic even if the end was a tad cheesy.
While not the greatest movie ever I was very interested whilst watching and would recommend provided you don't mind a lot of nudity ;P
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by fatalfeline »

I was forced to watch the beginning of Happily N'Ever After 2 while I was at summer camp today. It was so bad I think I was about to cry. Thank goodness my mom picked me up in time. >_<

So I don't think I saw enough of it to give it a rating, but it probably would've been -10. XD
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

fatalfeline wrote:I was forced to watch the beginning of Happily N'Ever After 2 while I was at summer camp today. It was so bad I think I was about to cry. Thank goodness my mom picked me up in time. >_<

So I don't think I saw enough of it to give it a rating, but it probably would've been -10. XD


Happily Never After? Whats that about.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Liquidzilla
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 pm
Custom Title: ~There's Some Sorrow In Every Life~
Location: Bri-stol
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Liquidzilla »

The Proposal 0-1/10 (I was dragged to see it while camping and it raining and my friend's dad wanted to see it DX It's one of the worst films ever!) Typical romcom, probably the worst I've been forced to watch by my friends. Horribly predictable, not funny, not even any sweetness in the romance, bad acting, bad music ect ect I nearly fell asleep o_o I never sleep in cinemas!!
Image
ammchan
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by ammchan »

On my way to Thailand, I watched The International on the plane. I never got to see it in theaters, so I'm glad they had it. :D

I give it a solid 8/10. It was a pretty good movie; decently suspenseful, with good acting (Clive Owen <3). But the lead female (played by Naomi Watts) did not have nearly as big a role as I was expecting, and I was kind of disappointed by that...I mean, in the trailers I saw, it looked like she was going to be bad-ass :sadshoe:

But oh well.
Image
♥ Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
♥ Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥
User avatar
Chrome Samurai
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:29 am
Custom Title: just try to stick to the fact -true hero
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Chrome Samurai »

hmm..the last movie tha i watch is inkheart..i watched it in dvd, and it's not good or bad either...i like the imagination, but the scenes lack of miraculous moment....so its 6/10
Image
ema : what?
me : Did i ever look at u?i wanna see the balloon and u just blocking my view..
ema : I.......I............i will trow u snackoos if i'm holding it right now...
Zexion
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:05 pm
Custom Title: SPIN L, SPIN!! >:D
Location: North Carolina

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Zexion »

Turnabout Clerk wrote:
Zexion wrote:Fanal Fantasy XII Advent Children-10/10 One of the best movies ive EVER seen
Trasformers 2 - 8/10, it was pretty good, but way to perverted at some parts

You fail on SO MANY ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am very aware of my failiure... :payne:
Image
Sig made by me :)
Image
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pierre »

Zexion wrote:
Turnabout Clerk wrote:
Zexion wrote:Fanal Fantasy XII Advent Children-10/10 One of the best movies ive EVER seen
Trasformers 2 - 8/10, it was pretty good, but way to perverted at some parts

You fail on SO MANY ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am very aware of my failiure... :payne:


You mean the 'FANAL' or the 'XII'? Those are simple spelling mistakes you included "Advent Children" so everyone knows what it is at least no biggie.

The laughable UBER fail comes from the "10/10" :gant-clap: Thats a pretty funny joke.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Pickens
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pickens »

So. I bought the entire Matrix trilogy plus The Animatrix for $13 at Best Buy. I watched the Matrix for the first time since The Matrix: Reloaded came out in theaters. Honestly, it isn't half as good as I remember it being when I was in the 7th grade.

I also watched The Animatrix, which is a lot better than I remember it being. A Detective Story, The Second Renaissance, Kid's Story and Beyond were all pretty great. The rest were just kind of alright, I guess. The films probably would have been infinitely better had they incorporated elements of the aforementioned "pretty great" shorts in them.
Pikazoid
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:33 pm
Custom Title: HMMMMMMMMMM
Location: Under your bed.
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pikazoid »

Sweeney Todd: 8.5/10
Image
Vickinator made my awesome Franziska sig. <3
OuenTobaye
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 pm
Custom Title: I am known as Drammy, IAmNotShinta...

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by OuenTobaye »

Knocked Up: 6/10

Meh, it wasn't great. I found it boring at times, and I don't see how it could be funny.
What
D. Crystal
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:05 pm
Custom Title: It's a legendary!

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by D. Crystal »

Die Hard 4.0 - 10/10

It's Die Hard as Die Hard should be. Hell, it's action as action should be.
Oh, it's a signature.
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

Dr. No. 8/10
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
silentxfilmstar
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 862
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am
Location: Beaverditch

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by silentxfilmstar »

American Beauty: 8.5/10
Interesting movie with some humor thrown around in it, but the ending made me kinda sad...
Image
Pickens
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Pickens »

Rocky IV 10000000000/10

This movie was on TV this past weekend. The Rocky movies are some of my favorite movies, the 4th one in particular. I don't know why I don't own them.

The part at the end where Rocky gives the speech to the soviets always gets me going. It's so damn awesome. It ends with ROCKY DRAPED IN THE AMERICAN FLAG WAVING TO A CROWD OF CHEERING SOVIETS SET TO HEARTS ON FIRE. I'm convinced this movie ended the Cold War.

DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

End of Evangelion 8/10. It could've been better. Although this is my 10000th time watching it.
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
LySs
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 807
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:18 pm
Custom Title: Fabu♥
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by LySs »

Ponyo

Beautiful animation, very charming story, and I was giggling throughout most the film.
I give it a 9/10.
ImageImage
Turnabout Clerk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1279
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:43 pm
Custom Title: Back from the dead
Location: Silent Hill

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Turnabout Clerk »

Ponyo 8.5/10. No Spirited Away, but good in it's own right.
Image
Sig By Lind_L_Tailor
Don't let your friends tie you to the railway tracks
Catgrenade
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1587
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:14 pm
Custom Title: ...

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Catgrenade »

Orphan 8/10

It was good, but it likes to tease you.

Spoiler: The movie, duh
In the scene in the hospital, after the orphan girl (Can't remember her name) tries to kill the one kid, and the main lady (I CAN'T REMEMBER ANY NAMES!) smacks her, the audience started applauding!


EDIT: 7/10, the ending is cheesy
Image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Ghostwriter
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Ghostwriter »

Eraserhead by David Lynch. 8/10

: D
Rov
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Rov »

District 9

96%
Orange
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:16 pm
Custom Title: For your entertainment~ ♪
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Orange »

Saw "Julie & Julia" last night.

9/10~
Image
tozz
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by tozz »

Ponyo - 8.75/10

It wasn't Miyazaki's best but it was still an awesome movie. Ponyo's dad pretty much made the movie for me <3
Image
FlameInferno
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 am
Custom Title: This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice
Location: Up North

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by FlameInferno »

Marley & Me-9/10
Image

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**
WittyVitale
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:48 pm
Custom Title: Sig made by Vicki, Avi made by PA :D
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by WittyVitale »

^ That was a great movie
Spoiler: just in case
though the ending made me cry horribly :larry:


The Wizard: 8/10

The plot is terrible, but I still love this movie. Perhaps it's the nostalgia factor. Even in my early 20s, I still get excited whenever I see one of the NES games being played.
Wocky Kitaki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:37 am
Location: Wut?
Contact:

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Wocky Kitaki »

District 9- 2/10
Image
Finnemore
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 796
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:22 pm
Custom Title: let's just tell them that we met in jail
Location: England

Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw

Post by Finnemore »

The Cat Returns ~ 9/10

The Baron did it for me =D
Image
☀ art by blue ☀
Post Reply