The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by surasshu »

TotalSpaceshipGuy3 wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.

Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.

To continue the stereotype, he talks about doughnuts and coffee. I'm just glad he doesn't emphasize his love for moose meat. <.<

The best thing about judge-bro is how they use him to make fun of the judge going "Hmm..." after so many testimonies.

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
I see."
:moe-laugh:
itsumobasho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: in the murder of your MOM
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by itsumobasho »

TotalSpaceshipGuy3 wrote:
Guess_Who wrote:
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.

Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.

To continue the stereotype, he talks about doughnuts and coffee. I'm just glad he doesn't emphasize his love for moose meat. <.<


Um. He did...

Spoiler: Poutine and Moose Steak
Image You just can't trust someone with a bad memory.
Image What did you eat for dinner one week ago today?
Image ...At the very least, a person should remember that much.
Image As for me, it was payday, so I had a nice moose steak with some poutine on the side.
:youngmia: (...And how does this relate to anything!?)
axl99
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm
Custom Title: Colour monkey supreme
Location: Markham, Ontario
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by axl99 »

As a Canadian, I'm mildly surprised the localization team would throw a couple of the stereotypes in there to begin with.....Sigh LOL...

Makes me remember this lil commercial: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TL01SReeOqE

And besides... "Aboot" sounds more like a Scottish accent to me than anything else!
itsumobasho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: in the murder of your MOM
Location: Winnipeg, MB

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by itsumobasho »

axl99 wrote:As a Canadian, I'm mildly surprised the localization team would throw a couple of the stereotypes in there to begin with.....Sigh LOL...

Makes me remember this lil commercial: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TL01SReeOqE

And besides... "Aboot" sounds more like a Scottish accent to me than anything else!


Did you ever think in that Timbit-filled Canadian head of yours, that there's a possibility that someone on the localization team was in fact Canadian, and that served as inspiration for the character? :godot: Or perhaps there was someone on the localization that was Canadian and it was a cute little characterization of said person? :redd: Or perhaps... gasp, the person who wrote the judge's brother as a Canadian was in fact a Canadian? :karma: Think about that while you munch on your ketchup chips and poutine, lol. :minuki:

And if you think Aboot is Scottish, you obviously have not been to Maritime Canada. Oh, sorry, I forgot, Toronto is the center of the universe, therefore Aboot doesn't exist. My bad, haha :) :keiko:
Gunloc
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Gunloc »

Blarg to the tacked-on sterotypes. I'm slightly disappointed by the choice, especially if the Judge's Bro wasn't like this in Gyakuten Saiban 3. (Perhaps a GS3 vet can answer that, did he use regional based humor in the original Japanese script?) If not, it seems like a cheap way to add "personality" to a character.

But, I'm not really put off by it. I know it's not meant to be mean spirited. It does not effect my seething anticipation for T&T. (Two more months...)
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Isn't Lotta rather a southern stereotype?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Tinker »

And JeanArmstrong a French one?

I mean come on, take a joke.
Image
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

Well, you have to remember that Canada is really cold. That would put me in a perpetual bad mood too. :gant: (I'm kidding, of course!)

Seriously though, I'd be surprised if the GS3 character didn't have some form of an accent, because pretty much all the characters seem to have something like that going on. When they're not making up words altogether, that is! :redd:
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Tinker wrote:I mean come on, take a joke.

Are you kidding? I'm ecstatic there's a Canadian stereotype.

Finally, a game notes our existence!
Image
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Tinker »

TotalSpaceshipGuy3 wrote:
Tinker wrote:I mean come on, take a joke.

Are you kidding? I'm ecstatic there's a Canadian stereotype.

Finally, a game notes our existence!


I meant Gunloc :3
They had to differentiate the Judge's bro from the normal Judge, anyway - and this was a clever way of doing it.
Image
Gunloc
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:53 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Gunloc »

[deadpan] I can take a joke... [/deadpan] :gregory:

But really though, I wasn't trying to make an issue of it. I just thought it was an odd choice.
axl99
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm
Custom Title: Colour monkey supreme
Location: Markham, Ontario
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by axl99 »

At one point I did think that someone was possibly a Canadian in the localization team, and most of the Canadian jokes I read in the game reminded me of a beer commercial of all things.

It was all so left field I just didn't think someone would put it all in there. :welly: A Canadian judge presiding over an American court? Not that it's impossible or wrong or anything, but the thought alone is enough make me go "Huhh?" :yogi:

[The "Toronto vs the rest of Canada" thing is just pointless as someone sticking nipples on the Starbucks logo. Nothing personal itsumobasho, I never really understood it even though I'm not a "Torontoian". My apologies if I ruffled your feathers, but you didn't have to dump all that on me.]
Last edited by axl99 on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trabztress
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 792
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm
Custom Title: Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3
Location: At your door. With a scythe. >:D

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Trabztress »

Man, the localization is EPIC WIN. It was great to play through.
Image
I'm not going to be here very often anymore.
Jibo
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1851
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 am
Custom Title: ~We will become one~
Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Jibo »

The localization is amazing I'm playing Case 5, I spotted these two lines and has to post them:

"There is only one reason and easier to spot than Sister Bikini in a bikini."

and

"There's only one reason! One as obvious as Jean Armstrong in a thong on the Riviera!"

both said by Phoenix. xD
Image
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Spoiler: Case 5 Part 1-2: Investigation
Talk to Larry about 'Iris'.

:larry2: Man, I'm telling you. Iris is so cute! Right, Edgey? You think so too, don't you?
:edgeworth: ...
:larry2: What's wrong? Why are you so quiet?
:edgeworth: To put it simply... Your comment has me highly concerned. Could it be the the reason you think she's innocent...
:butz: Come on! A girl that cute can't possibly be a murderer!
:edgeworth: ...
:edgeworth: ...I was right after all. I never should have come back.

We all know the real reason for that pause.

GAY GAY GAY.
Image
Poltergust
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Custom Title: A Kodac moment.
Location: Yeah, right...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Poltergust »

Here is two the first time you meet Godot: (not exact)

:udgy: Are you ready, prosecution?
:godot: ...The question is, are you ready to hand down a verdict?
:udgy: What? I can't hand down a verdict until I've heard from both sides!
:godot: Well, are you ready?
:udgy: N-no!
:godot: Then listen. How do you expect others to be ready if you are not ready yourself? That's a rule to live by.
:maya: It seems this prosecutor is the real deal.
:nick-sweat: (Yeah, it seems all prosecutors are the "real deal.")
=====
:udgy: So, what is your record, Mr. Godot?
:godot: I don't have one. I've never prosecuted a case before.
:udgy: What!? But I thought you said that you have never lost case!
:godot: Correct, I've never lost a case. And I've never won one either.
:udgy: You're very arrogant for a rookie beginner.

XD
Image

:object:Marquees are fun...:whip:
Daramue
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Daramue »

TotalSpaceshipGuy3 wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5 Part 1-2: Investigation
Talk to Larry about 'Iris'.

:larry2: Man, I'm telling you. Iris is so cute! Right, Edgey? You think so too, don't you?
:edgeworth: ...
:larry2: What's wrong? Why are you so quiet?
:edgeworth: To put it simply... Your comment has me highly concerned. Could it be the the reason you think she's innocent...
:butz: Come on! A girl that cute can't possibly be a murderer!
:edgeworth: ...
:edgeworth: ...I was right after all. I never should have come back.

We all know the real reason for that pause.

GAY GAY GAY.


I lawled.

Of course, I personally don't believe he's gay. He's incredibly uptight and really dislikes any kind of small talk, which Larry seems to specialize in. He's not a man for nonsense, in any event. But let's not open this can of worms here. :redd:

These Edgeworth quotes are cracking me up, especially that one with the description of the Megatama as "What utter nonsense".
Image
clickmon
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:50 am
Custom Title: Yaoi Queen
Location: Canada, yay!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by clickmon »

Spoiler: Case 5
:godot: ...I decided to carry out an investigation in my own way... Godot-style!
:udgy: I'm the same way. I like to hand down verdicts in my own way, Judge-style!
:think: (Hmm, maybe I should ask some questions, Phoenix-style...)

This made me laugh for a while X3
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

Haha, I love that one.

Also, from the intro, I really liked this (more or less paraphrased):
:udgy: Mia Fey, you're just a rookie. Are you sure you can handle this?
:mia: (Don't let him intimidate you, Mia. Give him your toughest look!)
:mia: *slamdesk* Of course, Your Honor!
:mia: ...
:mia: I think.
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

One thing I like about TaT so far, are the small details that are easily missed. TaT, which surprised me, had alot of names and locations given, that are unessential to the plot. I think it is worthwhile to list the small details here. Don't you agree?

- Phoenix says, in case 3, that he only knows two flowers - a Dahlia not being one of them. Sure enough, he never actually DOES call Dahlia his 'flower' in case 1, now does he?

- The sports magazine lists a person called 'Gutsen Brawn' as a professional boxer, as told by Maggey. That is obviously made from Guts and Brawl.

The game is LITTERED with small comments as this. It's unbelivable nice localization.
Image
Aijiru
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Sevilla, Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Aijiru »

Not sure if those have been said yet, but I think here are some more external references:

(Ending of one of Luke Atmey's cross-examinations)
:aiga: ...and that's all she wrote.

"Murder, she wrote"

(When talking on the recess of the fourth case trial)
:javado: My senses are tingling all over...

I'm not 100% sure, but may it be a reference to Spiderman?

(At the bridge with Maya)
:phoenix: "I see dead people" sounds more like a cause of alarm for me...

"The sixth sense"

(At Hazakurain, talking with Bikini)
:maya: Forgive him, sister, for he knows not what he's saying.

My grandma used to say a prayer which said something very similar...

Here are all I have found yet, hopefully they haven't been said, that's the correct thread, and none of the little things which may fail on a first post happened... If so, sorry, n00b here :will:
Image
Tohmas Sakazaki
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Tohmas Sakazaki »

Aijiru wrote:Not sure if those have been said yet, but I think here are some more external references:
(At Hazakurain, talking with Bikini)
:maya: Forgive him, sister, for he knows not what he's saying.

My grandma used to say a prayer which said something very similar...

Jesus said at the crucification something like this (I'm a Brazilian, so I'm translating to English one of available translations of the Holy Bible to portuguese): Forgive them Father, for they knows not what they are doing.
Aijiru
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Sevilla, Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Aijiru »

Tohmas Sakazaki wrote:
Aijiru wrote:Not sure if those have been said yet, but I think here are some more external references:
(At Hazakurain, talking with Bikini)
:maya: Forgive him, sister, for he knows not what he's saying.

My grandma used to say a prayer which said something very similar...

Jesus said at the crucification something like this (I'm a Brazilian, so I'm translating to English one of available translations of the Holy Bible to portuguese): Forgive them Father, for they knows not what they are doing.


Actually, I'm from Spain so I kind of translated it to english, and it came out so similar to the quote...
Image
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Guess_Who »

Mikker wrote:The sports magazine lists a person called 'Gutsen Brawn' as a professional boxer, as told by Maggey. That is obviously made from Guts and Brawl.


It's a pun on "Guts and brawn". Brawn is muscle.
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by surasshu »

Guess_Who wrote:
Mikker wrote:The sports magazine lists a person called 'Gutsen Brawn' as a professional boxer, as told by Maggey. That is obviously made from Guts and Brawl.


It's a pun on "Guts and brawn". Brawn is muscle.

Huh, I remembered it as Gutsen Brown... Did I improve the pun name in my head? :meekins:
Poltergust
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Custom Title: A Kodac moment.
Location: Yeah, right...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Poltergust »

Two of Larry's girlfriends, Bennifer and Katty Tom, are obviously puns on two pairs of celebrity couples (guess who...).

But, now for a joke!

:phoenix: *presents Magatama to Gumshoe*
:maya: Umm, so about this...?
:gymshoe: Hey! Thanks, pal! How did you know I had a sore throat anyway?
:gumshoe: ...*chomp*
:maya-shock: Hey! What are you doing!?
:gumshoe: Ack!
:sadshoe: Sorry, that thing's all smooth and shiny, so I thought it was a piece of candy or something.
:nick-sweat: I can't believe you ate the whole thing in one go...
:gumshoe: I almost swallowed it too, pal...
:maya: Ohh... My poor Magatama...

EDIT: Oh! Larry just spoke about his current girlfriend, Donna. He refers to her as "my Donna," which sounds a lot like "Madonna"!
Image

:object:Marquees are fun...:whip:
axl99
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm
Custom Title: Colour monkey supreme
Location: Markham, Ontario
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by axl99 »

[*upon Miles presenting Larry's profile to Larry himself in case 5...]

:larry2: Huh? Me? All you have to know is to remember not to call me "Larry" anymore.

:edgeworth: What?

:larry2: I'm a new person now. I've been reborn.. as Laurice Deauxnim!

:edgeworth: ... Alright, fine. Let me ask you something else then, Larry.

:butz: Call me "Laurice"!! If you don't...then I'll call you... I'll call you... "Milise Deauxnim"!
Kat_Aclysm
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:50 am
Custom Title: When I grow up, I wanna be a hobo!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Kat_Aclysm »

Aaaahahaaa, OH MY GOD.

Spoiler: Case 1 spoiler quote
Dahlia's testimony about meeting Phoenix...

"The Moment our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat!"

Press that statement.

Mia: Hmm... So what was it about Mr. Wright that made your heart malfunction like that? In my personal opinion, he just looks like a typical snotty-nosed college brat.

Dahlia: Perhaps to a woman your age. But to me, Feenie is handsome!

Mia: Perhaps to you, Ms. Hawthorne. But to the rest of the planet, he's a dime a dozen.

Payne: OBJECTION! Love is a mysterious thing, and I object to this line of questioning! If you were to look at my wife, you might all be shocked!

Judge: He's telling the truth. It was truly, truly shocking.



:gant: I LOL'ed.
Image
Phoenix: I'm with stupid.
Edgeworth: OBJECTION!!
Daramue
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Daramue »

Kat_Aclysm wrote:Aaaahahaaa, OH MY GOD.

Spoiler: Case 1 spoiler quote
Dahlia's testimony about meeting Phoenix...

"The Moment our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat!"

Press that statement.

Mia: Hmm... So what was it about Mr. Wright that made your heart malfunction like that? In my personal opinion, he just looks like a typical snotty-nosed college brat.

Dahlia: Perhaps to a woman your age. But to me, Feenie is handsome!

Mia: Perhaps to you, Ms. Hawthorne. But to the rest of the planet, he's a dime a dozen.

Payne: OBJECTION! Love is a mysterious thing, and I object to this line of questioning! If you were to look at my wife, you might all be shocked!

Judge: He's telling the truth. It was truly, truly shocking.


:gant: I LOL'ed.



Funniest part about that has to be the judge's comment at the end. :gant:
Image
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

Haha, here's another good one regarding that!
Spoiler: case 1
:youngpayne: By the way, I've never ONCE considered leaving MY wife!
:udgy: No one cares, Mr. Payne.

:gant: :gant: :gant:
Ally-Oop!
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Englandland
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Ally-Oop! »

:zenitora: I otta beat you so hard, it'll feel like youse was smoochin' the express train!
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Tinker »

:chef: : Oh la la! You might be le Phoenix Wright!
:phoenix: : How do you know?
:chef: : I never forget men who flirt with me in court!
Image
Sabra
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:59 pm
Custom Title: *insert title here*
Location: Toronto

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Sabra »

:phoenix: Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?
(I think this was in the beginning of 3-5, in reference to something Maya said)

I can't believe nobody mentioned this yet!
icon by: iconglomerate @ LJ

Image
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

I know that's a reference to Alanis Morrisette's Ironic right?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Mayhem
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
Custom Title: Chaos wolf
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mayhem »

Correct. In reference to Maya saying she's afraid of ghosts hah hah :maya:
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

Spoiler: 3-5, Part 4-1
:godot: As they say, a cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.
:phoenix: I believe the correct definition for a cornered fox is, "scared and petrified".
:godot: ...
:godot: Your animal analogies have grown tiresome!
:nick-sweat: (You were the one who started it!)
Image
person132
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:24 pm
Custom Title: Friendly Neighborhood Naruhodou
Location: Wait, let me check...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by person132 »

Examine the string of flags (1-4 reference FTW!) at Heavenly Hall on day 2 of Case 5:

:phoenix:
That stuff is really ruining
the beautiful atmosphere
around here.

It's so inappropriate.

Like Sister Bikini in a
bikini! *shudder* ...I've
gotta think of the kittens.



Like they say, every time you m -*shot*
...
Brandon Strong
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Wherever you least expect me to be

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Brandon Strong »

Spoiler: 3-5
Well, I dont remember exactly, but when larry is describing the lightning in court, it goes something like this...

:butz: It was real sharp! Like one of Naomi's slaps!
:ka-whip:
:franny: Like that?
:larry: No, that was more like one of Melindas punches...


The sparda one had me laughin forever. Also...rather disturbing, but...

Spoiler: 3-3? Cant quite remember
:godot: Trite, here is your penalty. you will suck it down.
:udgy: Yes, you will suck down your penalty, and you will like it. *life bar explodes*
:zenitora: Hm, looks like I might make that express train afer all.
:ack: Please sir, may I have some more?
blackwater
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by blackwater »

I like the localization, I'm not gonna bash it. There are only two problems I have with it.
Unlike previous games, everything is 'heck' and 'dang'. The fuck happened to damn and hell? It's gonna get a teen rating anyway!

Also, "if you're a man, wipe your own ass" = "if you're a man, clean up your own mess"
*disappointed cat is disappointed*

And also, all this talk about fetishes in case 2?
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

When do they ever say, "If you're a man, wipe your own ass" in the original game?
Image
Post Reply