The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

...They said "crap" in JFA? Where?
Image
Okami Amaterasu
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 am
Location: France

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Okami Amaterasu »

I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto
Impossible
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:16 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Impossible »

This thread needs a lot more Godot. I noticed heaps of awesome lines from him while playing the game.

Also, does anyone have the judge's line about why the spirit channelling stuff doesn't bother him anymore in 3-5? I really liked that.
Aijiru
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Sevilla, Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Aijiru »

Maybe that's nothing new, but...

Spoiler: About the disc on 3-3
Maybe MC Bomber = MS Blaster?
Image
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by grim_tales »

Okami Amaterasu wrote:I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto


Yeah that's right. He calls it "that 'refreshing like a spring breeze' crap".
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

The poem that Armstrong writes has three lines, each in relation to a prosecutor in the game. It mentions "coffe", "foolish cocktail", "tea". In that order, Godot, Franziska and Edgeworth.
Image
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Sandwich »

Macbeth wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5, Part 4-1
:godot: As they say, a cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.
:phoenix: I believe the correct definition for a cornered fox is, "scared and petrified".
:godot: ...
:godot: Your animal analogies have grown tiresome!
:nick-sweat: (You were the one who started it!)


LOL MGS
fuck
TheDarkArchon
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
Custom Title: *insert something witty here*

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by TheDarkArchon »

grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I would mark it down to PEGI being incompetent.

BTW, Phoenix said pissed in the first game when talking about Oldbag.
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Zanitora's "GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR" outburst is, without a doubt, a reference to This
Image
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

TheDarkArchon wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I would mark it down to PEGI being incompetent.

BTW, Phoenix said pissed in the first game when talking about Oldbag.


Yeah, pissed in the sense of being angry (as in "pissed off" I guess). This is allowed in a PG film.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Phonics Wright
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 am
Custom Title: Ace Speller

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Phonics Wright »

Sal said ass in the original
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Sandwich »

Phonics Wright wrote:Sal said ass in the original


Yup. It was like "My ass is pwned if I lose that script" or something.
fuck
SunChaoJun
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:39 am
Custom Title: Screw the money, I have rules!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by SunChaoJun »

:ack: D-Director!? (Sh-She's human!? She seems more like a ghost in a shell.)

Brilliant.
WWI is probably the worst abbreviation for a gaming event ever, especially one which involves RTS games.
-On Blizzard's Worldwide Invitational event in South Korea
Brandon Strong
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Wherever you least expect me to be

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Brandon Strong »

grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.
It always bugged me when he talked about people "working their butts off for him"...I was like nonono thats not how you say it at all...it really took away from the evilness of the moment.
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Sal does use the internet term "WTF" and the abbreviation "RTFC" in the first one, and we all know what they stand for ;)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Phoenix: (He's gotta be using some sort of infinite ammo code with that box of seeds...)

Oh, Phoenix. Breaking the 4th wall like it wasn't even there to begin with. :gant:
Image
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Spoiler: Case 5: Investigation 1-2
Present 'Iris's Hood'

(Blahblahblah, gave it to Wright, thought bad was going to happen...)

:edgeworth: (Well he wound up falling into something much deeper and colder...)
:edgeworth: (I probably shouldn't say that out loud, though. Thank god for inner monologue.)

That reminds me of the monologue joke from Scrubs.
Image
Happiness Punch!
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Finlalaland~

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Happiness Punch! »

Spoiler: 3-3
:udgy: Umm.... Witness. Please state your name and occupation for th---
:zenny: Grrraaaaaaargh!
:maya-shock: Aaaaaah! *hides under table*
:nick-sweat: (Don't hide under the table Maya! ...Unless there is room for me down there too!)
:udgy: I...umm...Would you mind--
:zenitora: What'youse say to me!?
:udgy: N-N-N-Nothing! I didn't say nuddin'! Honest!
:nick-sweat: (Who could've guessed that fear would induce a bad Brooklyn accent in the judge?)

Tigre's cross-examination was full of gems :gant:

Also, :chef: singing "Everything I do, I'll do it for you" was a reference to a Bruce Adams song, amirite? :regina:
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Half right. Bryan Adams ;)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by The Sandwich »

Happiness Punch! wrote:
Spoiler: 3-3
:udgy: Umm.... Witness. Please state your name and occupation for th---
:zenny: Grrraaaaaaargh!
:maya-shock: Aaaaaah! *hides under table*
:nick-sweat: (Don't hide under the table Maya! ...Unless there is room for me down there too!)
:udgy: I...umm...Would you mind--
:zenitora: What'youse say to me!?
:udgy: N-N-N-Nothing! I didn't say nuddin'! Honest!
:nick-sweat: (Who could've guessed that fear would induce a bad Brooklyn accent in the judge?)

Tigre's cross-examination was full of gems :gant:


Roaring your way through court is the way to go.
fuck
Dahlia Hawthorne
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 pm
Custom Title: ;~;!
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Dahlia Hawthorne »

case 4:
judge's brother: ruh roh.

case 5
Spoiler: spoiler?
Maya: Come on, Nick! Why don't we hop across the bridge. It'll be fun!
Nick: I'm not so sure... It looks like a bunny hopping across the bridge would destroy it.
Maya: OK, Nick. Then let's try to find a cute little white bunny and test your theory.
Nick: (That right there sums up the fundamental difference between the sane and insane.)'


Spoiler: 5 again
Maya: Hey! A half-opened gate! That's practically a welcome mat!
Nick: Yeah, except the sign on here says, "No Entry".
Maya, Umm, Nick.
Rules are made to be broken, you know.
Nick: ...You expect a lawyer to go along with that?
Maya: Oh, come on! You're such an old lady sometimes! Let's just go!
Nick: Don't blame it on me when Sister Bikini puts a curse on you.
Maya: ...
Now you've got me scared. Um, let's just forget about it, OK?


Spoiler: 5 once more..
Edgeworth: It's an altar with a giant Magatama enshrined on it.
Gumshoe: There are a lot of candles on it, too.
You know...
I haven't had a birthday party for myself in a while...
Edgeworth: Maybe you should blow out those candles over there to make up for that.
Gumshoe: Mr. Edgeworth? Would you mind singing "Happy Birthday" to me?
Bikini: S-Stop that! Cut that out! Please don't blow out the alter candles!


Spoiler: case 5
Gumshoe: Oh! It's a warmed cat box! But where are the cats?
Edgeworth: ...It's called a "hibachi". It's for heating the room.
Gumshoe: Oh! Look at all these ancient straw frisbees!
Edgeworth: Those are a type of "zabuton" cushions called "enza"!
Gumshoe: ...
Why are you giving me such a hard time? Huh, Mr. Edgeworth? Why?
Edgeworth: Because learning something new might actually be a good thing for you, Detective!


and finally::

Spoiler: case 5
Edgeworth: What is this festive-looking ornament?
Larry: It reminds me of art class in grade school.
We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with oragami. Remember?
Edgeworth: W-Well, I...
Larry: Oh, yeah... You were never any good at it.
Gumshoe: Really?
Larry: Yeah, this guy was so bad, he couldn't even fold a dollar, let alone a crane.
Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there, sobbing.
Gumshoe: Really? I would have never expected that.
Edgeworth: Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day!
You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw!
Larry. ...You know, Edgey...
Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy.
Gumshoe: Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: (Grr... This is exactally why I hate childhood friends...)


:D

there's a lot more though, but these are just some that I liked :(
sorry if they're reposts.
Even when the body dies, the spirit, the ego, it lives on... forever.
Lord Wackruntlje
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Custom Title: Speed up, n00b

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Lord Wackruntlje »

:godot: You did it, didn't you?
:yuusaku: Yes.
:nick-sweat: What?
:yuusaku: ! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
:judge: For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.
Image
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:
Spoiler: case 5
Edgeworth: What is this festive-looking ornament?
Larry: It reminds me of art class in grade school.
We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with oragami. Remember?
Edgeworth: W-Well, I...
Larry: Oh, yeah... You were never any good at it.
Gumshoe: Really?
Larry: Yeah, this guy was so bad, he couldn't even fold a dollar, let alone a crane.
Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there, sobbing.
Gumshoe: Really? I would have never expected that.
Edgeworth: Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day!
You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw!
Larry. ...You know, Edgey...
Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy.
Gumshoe: Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: (Grr... This is exactally why I hate childhood friends...)


:D

Hahahaha, that was my favourite thing when playing Edgy! Just having him freak out over this issue tickles my funnybone, especially since he's getting harassed by Larry and Gumshoe, two of the most singularity useless characters in the game (in general). :gant:

I also liked these:
Spoiler:
:phoenix: If it wasn't for Mia, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
:maya: Yeah, she told me you used to be really useless.

:D!
Spoiler:
:maya: When did you first get that porcupine cut?
:phoenix: ... Um, it's been like this ever since I was a little kid.
:maya-shock: What!? You mean that's the way your hair is naturally?
:maya: I thought you had some sort of special "Phoenix Cut" deal with the barber.
:maya: I mean... You usually only see hair like that in a video game.

She's so right! :gant:
illuminise
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Magenta-coloured speedos!
Location: straddling some poor helpless young man
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by illuminise »

Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:case 4:
and finally::

Spoiler: case 5
Edgeworth: What is this festive-looking ornament?
Larry: It reminds me of art class in grade school.
We used to have a lot of fun decorating the classroom with oragami. Remember?
Edgeworth: W-Well, I...
Larry: Oh, yeah... You were never any good at it.
Gumshoe: Really?
Larry: Yeah, this guy was so bad, he couldn't even fold a dollar, let alone a crane.
Everyone tried to comfort him, but he would just sit there, sobbing.
Gumshoe: Really? I would have never expected that.
Edgeworth: Be quiet already! I'll never forget the shame of that day!
You want a crane! I can now make a perfect quarter-inch crane without a single flaw!
Larry. ...You know, Edgey...
Nothing for nothing, but a quarter-inch crane without a single flaw is not easy.
Gumshoe: Yeah, that's quite a feat, Prosecutor Edgeworth!
Edgeworth: (Grr... This is exactally why I hate childhood friends...)


:D


This has spawned possibly the crackiest fic I've done since coming into this fandom. And that includes the 16 page Gant/Celeste one I finished last night. :meekins:

Oh Edgey, you're hopeless. <3
[ i l l u m i n a t e ]


Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Lord Wackruntlje wrote::godot: You did it, didn't you?
:yuusaku: Yes.
:nick-sweat: What?
:yuusaku: ! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
:judge: For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.


LMAO, can't wait to see that :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

I like how much effort they put into Lisa Basil's and the progammer's lines. I mean, it's so high-techy, but it's all correct and not-sci-fi. I actually got the majority of the programmers ramble about global variables.

I <3 global variables, BTW.
Image
Lord Wackruntlje
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Custom Title: Speed up, n00b

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Lord Wackruntlje »

:aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
:ack: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:object: In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
:aiga: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:mia: In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
:judge: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!
Image
Mayhem
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
Custom Title: Chaos wolf
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mayhem »

Not sure if this has been done... case 3-5, Larry gets called something along the lines of a namby-pamby goosey loosey loser... and then the judge reiterates the same line to him :p
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64
Aijiru
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm
Location: Sevilla, Spain

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Aijiru »

Lord Wackruntlje wrote::godot: You did it, didn't you?
:yuusaku: Yes.
:nick-sweat: What?
:yuusaku: ! I mean NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO-NO!
:judge: For a second there I thought we were going to set a record for the shortest trial ever.


I wish Manfred Von Karma had been the prosecutor here, it would have been pretty impressive :karma:.
Image
Yokusa
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 pm
Custom Title: Unprofessional Procrastinator
Location: *insert witty location here*
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Yokusa »

Lord Wackruntlje wrote::aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
:ack: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:object: In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
:aiga: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:mia: In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
:judge: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!


Oh...my...God... :gant:

Atmey's the best XD
Image
This post is now 20% cooler!
Lord Wackruntlje
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Custom Title: Speed up, n00b

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Lord Wackruntlje »

(Gumshoe and Phoenix bicker)
:maya: Oh come on. Just kiss eachother and make up already.

(About Jean Armostrong)
:gumshoe: I can't stop thinking about her- I mean, him.
:ack: You... can't stop thinking about him?
:gumshoe: Yeah..., I mean NO! It's not like... he's not my type or anything!

Gumshoe's sexuality seems to be confirmed.
Image
Atsime
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:00 am
Custom Title: It's always for the lulz.
Location: My Home

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Atsime »

Lord Wackruntlje wrote::aiga: In grade school, you got on your report card: Impulsive, quick to conclussions.
:ack: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:object: In grade school, you got on your report card: Misschievous, wants to be in center of attention.
:aiga: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

:mia: In grade school, you got on your report card: Has bad hearing, therefor make misstakes.
:judge: H-h-h-h-h-h-h-how did you...?!

So FUNNY!! :gant:
Image Image Image
Click on the symbols to see stuff! :D
Daramue
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Daramue »

grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


How would the word "crap" make the rating go up? In comparison, the words "Hell" and "Damn", both used in the game are more explicit than "crap".
Image
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Not just that word, but I always thought "crap" is slightly more explicit in the UK?
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Raphael .K. Brice
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:20 pm
Custom Title: Stronger Than Dirt
Location: Behind your sofa.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Raphael .K. Brice »

In the UK, neither "Hell" nor "Damn" are considered offensive. "Crap" would be much more likely to increase the rating, though isn't considered proper swearing.
Yes. Yes. No. But of course. Perhaps. Shut up about your breathing. No, I won't leave.
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by KingMobUK »

I'm kinds skimming this thread so I don't spoiler myself too much so apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Minor spoiler for Case 3:2:

Spoiler:
In Case 2 when you're talking to Larry in the security room, Phoenix offers him any male profiles to look at (apart from the CEO) he says something to the effect of "I know! You're right! I should change my ways! But I'm just not interested in men!"

Phoenix then thinks "He should get his mind out of the gutter".


Makes me laugh on more than one level. :redd:
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
KingMobUK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by KingMobUK »

grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I bet you weren't as surprsed by them using "crap" as you were when they used "bugger" then? I nearly fell off my chair.

I'm just waiting for "wanker" now.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
illuminise
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Magenta-coloured speedos!
Location: straddling some poor helpless young man
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by illuminise »

KingMobUK wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I was suprised they used the word "crap" in JFA.
In England, PW: AA had a 7+ (PG?) rating. The second was rated 12+.


I bet you weren't as surprsed by them using "crap" as you were when they used "bugger" then? I nearly fell off my chair.

I'm just waiting for "wanker" now.

Well, judging by the accent they gave Edgeworth... *ponders the possibility of this* I would lol so hard. :keiko:
(They said bugger? Dammit I need to replay the games, STAT).
[ i l l u m i n a t e ]


Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Where on earth did they say "bugger" in JFA? I have the US version, didn't notice that?...
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Post Reply