The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
-
Phoenix Soul
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 150
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:43 am
- Custom Title: .......
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
They don't, Phoenix and the Judge say it in....3-2 or 3-3 (I can't remember, sorry), when Phoenix messes up presenting a piece of evidence.
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
grim_tales wrote:Where on earth did they say "bugger" in JFA? I have the US version, didn't notice that?...
I was surprised when Phoenix used the word pissed as well (AA).
I can't remember where it was in the games but I do remember going "YOU WHAT"?
It was used in the sense of "bugger about" or "bugger off" as I recall (not in the sexual manner)!
It's deffo in GS2 though as I have only just started GS3.
Last edited by KingMobUK on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
illuminise wrote:Well, judging by the accent they gave Edgeworth... *ponders the possibility of this* I would lol so hard.
(They said bugger? Dammit I need to replay the games, STAT).
I'm hoping for a good curse of "bollocks" myself but fear it will be a fruitless wait!
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
: I'm gonna stay up all night and blog about what happened!o.O from jail?

-
Brandon Strong
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 745
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
- Location: Wherever you least expect me to be
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Yeah, and I was hoping that young edgy would say "morning guv'nor" to the judge...but alas, it was not to be.KingMobUK wrote:I'm hoping for a good curse of "bollocks" myself but fear it will be a fruitless wait!
-
Mayhem
- Moderators

- Posts: 631
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
- Custom Title: Chaos wolf
- Location: London, England
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
In his best Dick van Dyke English accent yes... I remember "bugger" getting mentioned in one of the translations so I don't think he's imagining it...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
360 gamertag: Mayhem64
360 gamertag: Mayhem64
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
When I play the 2nd game again I'll look out for it.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Trabztress
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 792
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm
- Custom Title: Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3
- Location: At your door. With a scythe. >:D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: 3-5 Trial
Lol.
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Mayhem wrote:In his best Dick van Dyke English accent yes... I remember "bugger" getting mentioned in one of the translations so I don't think he's imagining it...
In fact I've just encountered "buggers" in 3:2. Evidently this is considered perfectly respectable prose in GS Translation World!
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
grim_tales wrote:When I play the 2nd game again I'll look out for it.
Trouble is, I may have messed up horribly to get it. 2 was the first one I played properly and I was a bit sucky at figuring out what evidence to offer etc.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.
Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.
Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.

-
illuminise
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 107
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm
- Custom Title: Magenta-coloured speedos!
- Location: straddling some poor helpless young man
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Trabztress wrote:Spoiler: 3-5 Trial
Lol.
New insults OHSHI--
... Wait, is that a FAKE reference? O: I'm sure the Chief says something like that to Dee.
"I was hoping with you as his partner he'd loose some of his loosey-goosey who-gives-a-good-goddamn attitude!"
"I may be a loose-goose but I'm an DAMN BUSY loose-goose."
Doubt it's actually a reference but amusing nonetheless.
Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.
THE MIRACLE NEVER HAPPEN.
*is shot* C'MON IT WAS SO EASY.
[ i l l u m i n a t e ]
Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
Proudly shipping Everyone/Anyone since May 5th, 2007.
Who said fandom had to make sense? Isn't the fun of fandom making sense of things the creators didn't consider?
-
Artemis
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 283
- Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:50 pm
- Custom Title: Team Stepladder
- Location: Nowhere, right outside Downtown
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Mikker wrote:Phoenix: But then a 'miracle' happened.
Phoenix: The likes of which Tigre would like to think never happened.
Spoiler: 3-3

Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?
-
Trabztress
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 792
- Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:38 pm
- Custom Title: Haha, I still love Daft Punk <3
- Location: At your door. With a scythe. >:D
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: 3-5 Investigation
Yes. Yes you do, sir.
-
Lord Wackruntlje
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
- Custom Title: Speed up, n00b
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
I detest talk of supernatural drivel. I suppose now you'll say she (Maya) has midi-chlorians?
About this picture...:Bikini: Well look at that! I look pretty s-to-the-exy, don't you think?
I know that I look like it, but i'm not a superhero.
-
axl99
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 472
- Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 pm
- Custom Title: Colour monkey supreme
- Location: Markham, Ontario
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
[*in the middle of giving himself some "TLC" in the kitchen]
[*walks in and freezes] M-my eyes... MY EYES!-
IZSBHR
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 125
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:21 am
- Custom Title: Animator who plays PW and watches ZIM :D
- Location: New York
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
grim_tales wrote:Okami Amaterasu wrote:I think it's Matt Engarde when he talking about his motto
Yeah that's right. He calls it "that 'refreshing like a spring breeze' crap".
There were a lot swears in #1. In JFA, there were a lot less.
"You're lying, dammit!" and
Spoiler: JFA
Phoenix is totally Jewish.
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Yeah but "hell" and "damnit" are very mild swears.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Escargotage
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 211
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:59 am
- Location: Pennsylvania
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Not sure if it's been posted before. But this one caught my eye when replaying Case 5.
Ahem. I lol'd.
Spoiler: 3-5, sort of.
Ahem. I lol'd.

-
Doom Saber
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but I was looking at one of the topics at the Capcom forum regarding the typos in the import version and read a few post made by other AA fans that said something about a
Spoiler:
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I don't know what "Super Objection" is either, it isn't in AA or JFA.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Guess_Who
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 413
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
- Custom Title: SCIENCE!
- Location: Texas
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Spoiler: "Super Objection"
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Does it really harm the game? :(
I think Capcom will put in those booming noises (can't really describe them, sorry) for when dramatic things happen.
I think Capcom will put in those booming noises (can't really describe them, sorry) for when dramatic things happen.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Doom Saber
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Ah, okay. Thanks.
It would be nice to hear the super objection, but since I am also gettin the american version for the plushie alone, it would be cool if they added the sound clip. If not, it doesn't hurt the game like Grim says. Furthermore, after hearing the japanese sound sample on this site, it doesn't seem much though I can imagine it makes the scene more dramatic. Guess it is more of a trival thing though I would like to hear the added echoing effect if ever added in the NA release.
It would be nice to hear the super objection, but since I am also gettin the american version for the plushie alone, it would be cool if they added the sound clip. If not, it doesn't hurt the game like Grim says. Furthermore, after hearing the japanese sound sample on this site, it doesn't seem much though I can imagine it makes the scene more dramatic. Guess it is more of a trival thing though I would like to hear the added echoing effect if ever added in the NA release.
-
Artemis
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 283
- Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:50 pm
- Custom Title: Team Stepladder
- Location: Nowhere, right outside Downtown
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: Case 3
Hmm...perhaps a reference to Nationwide's motto?
Spoiler: Case 3

Oh, Nick. When will you ever learn?
- Wizpig
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 pm
- Custom Title: Time Paradox
- Location: Italy
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Anyone got the exact quote of what Godot says in the second case? It's also his motto... something about Coffe being more bitter than Hell itself.
I also think there was a typo in that "motto", but... searching for it
EDIT: found
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
I also think there was a typo in that "motto", but... searching for it
EDIT: found
"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee."
-
Baki-Kun
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 489
- Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:41 am
- Custom Title: Y E S! Y E S! Y E S!
- Location: United Kingdom.
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Guess_Who wrote:Spoiler: "Super Objection"
Sounds like a GOHAAAN moment.

-
TheGibbeynator
- Suspect

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:42 pm
- Custom Title: The Worst Lawyer EVAR
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I get the feeling that this game is going to be banned in Europe. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I believe I saw someone say "spaz" in there once, and if Mario Party 8 taught me anything, using the word spaz in Europe is an insta-ban.
- Wizpig
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:39 pm
- Custom Title: Time Paradox
- Location: Italy
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Europe? You mean UK, that is.
Europe is a large place, you know :P
Anyway they won't ban it.
That said: Man, guys, you aren't really Phoenix Wright fans, admit it. We got the BEST SONG in the game and no one quotes it. Yeah, i said song, because it is.
Case5:
Europe is a large place, you know :P
Anyway they won't ban it.
That said: Man, guys, you aren't really Phoenix Wright fans, admit it. We got the BEST SONG in the game and no one quotes it. Yeah, i said song, because it is.
Case5:
Spoiler:
-
Brandon Strong
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 745
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
- Location: Wherever you least expect me to be
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Bikini's reference to "material girl" was funny too.
-
TheDarkArchon
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 177
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm
- Custom Title: *insert something witty here*
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
TheGibbeynator wrote:I get the feeling that this game is going to be banned in Europe. Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but I believe I saw someone say "spaz" in there once, and if Mario Party 8 taught me anything, using the word spaz in Europe is an insta-ban.
That's Nintendo playing self-censor again.
-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Brandon Strong wrote:Bikini's reference to "material girl" was funny too.
Bikini: I guess you might say I'm an immaterial girl!
Gumshoe: I guess she's living in an immaterial world, huh, Mr. Edgeworth?
Something like that.
EDIT: Awesome Case 5 quote.
Spoiler: Read above line

-
Tzibo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
- Custom Title: ...Zvarri!
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
See the reference? What movie's that? : D
-
Sebastian Stark
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 565
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
- Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
That reference is from 300, apparently. :P
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
-
Doom Saber
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 112
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:20 am
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Just got the import from the mail and the spelling errors isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be. I mean, I can see how things like "on," instead of "no" is overlooked, but others like "Graybeard" seems as if the localization team spells some of their words differently. However, the constant miscoloring of Ron's sentences like this (the bold parts suppose to be light grey, but I do not know how to do font colors on this site) seems abit irritiable since they I assume they were trying something like this instead where the last letter of the previous letter isn't a light grey with the rest; I guess the light grey is done as an indication that Ron is whispering.
Still, I am getting the domestic ver for that plushie
Anyways, some quotes I like are
Still, I am getting the domestic ver for that plushie
Anyways, some quotes I like are
Spoiler: references
-
The Sandwich
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4848
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
- Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
- Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Tzibo wrote:Spoiler: GS3, case 3, minor spoiler...
See the reference? What movie's that? : D
Someone's been living under a rock.
fuck
-
Rizuchan
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 180
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:47 pm
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
There's a pretty scary amusing line from Adrian in the ending.
Spoiler: Ending
-
Rebel Vanguard
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 996
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:21 pm
- Custom Title: Smooth operator
- Location: idk
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Rizuchan wrote:There's a prettyscaryamusing line from Adrian in the ending.Spoiler: Ending
That quote is so hilariously awesome its not even funny.
-
KingMobUK
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1193
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:20 pm
- Custom Title: I like a man with a big ... vocabulary.
- Location: Made in England (More Tea, Vicar?)
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
DarzieP wrote:
Someone's been living under a rock.
Me too actually - I've read the comic but not seen the movie.
"Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good". - Thomas Paine
-
Sebastian Stark
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 565
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
- Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I personally don't care enough to watch 300...not my kinda film. XD
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~


Nope, can't be. We did a datatbase search with her fingerprints and came up with nothing.

Does that mean you wanted to be a lawyer when you grew up?
...
(She's so openly hostile that it's almost kinda cute.)
No smirking!