SuperAj3's Sprites!

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
Post Reply
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

looks neat! I'll definitely have to use it in a case sometime.
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Awesome. :maya:

Though I'm afraid I'll have to say that some people might say that the Defense/Prosecution Bench Areas you made were merely a darker shade of the ones that were on Dual Destinies or Apollo Justice. I mean, they do remind me of the courtroom benches made in that era...
Not a big deal, really. The benches are already about as good looking as they're going to get in the series, so changing the color to match the new courtroom is just fine in my book.
Image
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

TheDoctor wrote:
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Awesome. :maya:

Though I'm afraid I'll have to say that some people might say that the Defense/Prosecution Bench Areas you made were merely a darker shade of the ones that were on Dual Destinies or Apollo Justice. I mean, they do remind me of the courtroom benches made in that era...
Not a big deal, really. The benches are already about as good looking as they're going to get in the series, so changing the color to match the new courtroom is just fine in my book.
Like they say, If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Thanks guys! :basil:
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Awesome. :maya:

Though I'm afraid I'll have to say that some people might say that the Defense/Prosecution Bench Areas you made were merely a darker shade of the ones that were on Dual Destinies or Apollo Justice. I mean, they do remind me of the courtroom benches made in that era...
Haha, I just recoloured them as a placeholder, but they look fine. This can be set in whatever era you like too. I'm thinking of setting it in a courthouse Library (more like a temporary spot like how in DD they use the blown up courtroom XD)
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Made the judge's bench!
Image
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Hesseldahl »

I can't stop thinking of France when I see this court! If that what was on purpouse great job! If not... great job anyway!
Also the Judge bench look so intimidating which is really cool.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hesseldahl wrote:I can't stop thinking of France when I see this court! If that what was on purpouse great job! If not... great job anyway!
Also the Judge bench look so intimidating which is really cool.
Haha, thanks! It's cool the different interpretations for the setting. That just means this has more uses! I initially was going from my memories of Australia's parliament house (Even if they don't have the stained glass windows XD).
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

My favorite thing about this is that, about a month ago, I was toying with the idea of a future Shattered Glass installment taking place in another country. This is perfect for that.
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sure! You're more than welcome to use them for a fan case!

I wanted to make sure the positioning was all correct, so I tried doing a mock up in AAO... things got a little out of hand and I ended up beginning a fan case LOL I might continue it if it seems interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnMoBU8pWn8
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sorry it's taken so long, but the first sprite request is done! Now onto Ema!
Image
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Oliver »

SuperAj3 wrote:Sorry it's taken so long, but the first sprite request is done! Now onto Ema!
Image
Thanks a bunch, Majiruma!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Also, Co-council bench is done! Which one looks better (The bannister is a different colour)
ImageImage
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Hesseldahl »

Nice work Mija on the court! It looks pretty nice.

Also I wanted to give so criticism to the Edgeworth drinking tea sprite, hope you don't mind.
You see, there's an issue, with the arm, I think the arm is too little, and looks kinda off, so, to help you improve I decided to make you a reference.
Image
As you see the arm should be wider and the han bigger to keep with the proportions of the Edgeworth style, also you can use the reference if you want.
I hope to see more content of you because you are cool.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hesseldahl wrote:Nice work Mija on the court! It looks pretty nice.

Also I wanted to give so criticism to the Edgeworth drinking tea sprite, hope you don't mind.
You see, there's an issue, with the arm, I think the arm is too little, and looks kinda off, so, to help you improve I decided to make you a reference.
Image
As you see the arm should be wider and the han bigger to keep with the proportions of the Edgeworth style, also you can use the reference if you want.
I hope to see more content of you because you are cool.
Yeah it's a little off, It was hard getting the angle and perspective to get the cup to his mouth XD
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

overview done!
Image

Also is this better?
Image
Yash K. Productions
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
Custom Title: Atuyhan Ihdamdhas
Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Yash K. Productions »

SuperAj3 wrote:overview done!
Image
Now it's probably just me, but it looks like the benches and witness stand aren't properly aligned to the floor.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

RayquazaSenpai wrote:Now it's probably just me, but it looks like the benches and witness stand aren't properly aligned to the floor.
I've just used the floor from AJ now, it looks better XD
Image
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Hesseldahl »

And the french court (or country court? That was it's name on the mock trial right?) Is finished.

Also, the Edgeworth siping tea looks much better. I can't wait to be SHOCKED with the Ema sprite. :redd:
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

SuperAj3 wrote:
RayquazaSenpai wrote:Now it's probably just me, but it looks like the benches and witness stand aren't properly aligned to the floor.
I've just used the floor from AJ now, it looks better XD
Image
Hmm, the perspective is better here, but I liked the floor color scheme better in the old one.

Perhaps a simple palette swap would help here?

Image

Seriously though, amazing set!
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

I think both look good!
Also if you want to change the court slightly when you use if I'm fine with that. (Still give credit, just saying that in case LOL But I trust you)
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

Thank you! It's a really nice courtroom, I like the darker, softer color scheme a lot more than the AA/AJ courtrooms (although that may just be because I've seen the others too much). The stained glass in particular is a really nice touch.
Image
Yash K. Productions
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
Custom Title: Atuyhan Ihdamdhas
Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Yash K. Productions »

Which reminds me, I want to design a futuristic courtroom for my fangame series. I don't really want to worry about detail or anything, but I would like to throw in a holographic screen like the one from the AA film.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

RayquazaSenpai wrote:Which reminds me, I want to design a futuristic courtroom for my fangame series. I don't really want to worry about detail or anything, but I would like to throw in a holographic screen like the one from the AA film.
That sounds cool! Can't wait to see it :basil:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAJ3's Sprites! (Update 6/6/14)

Post by SuperAj3 »

SuperAj3 wrote:Another OC!
Image
I've seen a few OC's attempt the afro, so I gave it a shot. (Those are drumsticks sticking out btw, it's convenient, no? :maya:)
Any comments/criticisms are welcome!
Anyone remember this post from June 2014? Because I sure didn't until a few hours ago!
This guy's got a little revamp! And I'm gonna be making more poses for him:
ImageImage

Also, he has no name. Anyone got any pun names based on either Afro or any percussion musical terms?
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

How about Aaron Tympanista? "Aaron" was the name of The Little Drummer Boy in the 1968 Rankin/Bass tv special of the same name, while Google Translate says "tympanista" is Latin for "drummer."
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sounds good! I've got the Surname already (he's part of a fancase, and so it's plot related XD) but Aaron works!
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Hesseldahl »

I was thinking in something like Bob, just because he looks like a Bob. :redd:
Mileswright
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 am
Custom Title: Daniel Muzai

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Mileswright »

Love the courtroom sprites! Great job SuperAj3 (AKA Mijumaru)! Sorry, doesn't feel right not calling you Mijumaru XD
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Thanks! And yeah, you can just call me AJ if you want :will:

Also, TheDoctor I've done your request!
Image
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

Omg. That looks perfect! Thank you!
Image
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Nice work on the Ema sprite, man. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the requested sprites.
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by ohzaru97 »

Thanks! And yeah, you can just call me AJ if you want :will:

Also, TheDoctor I've done your request!
Image
Ema looks so good!awesome job as always Miju! :basil:
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Hesseldahl »

Looks nice!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Palette time!
I did a draw over of Apollo to make a defence lawyer for a little project of mine, and want some help with outfit colours!
I made one, and then just picked 5 other swatches at random XD What do you like best?
Image
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Hesseldahl »

First and fifth are the best ones IMO. :damon:
MoonRaven
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm
Custom Title: Red string of fate tied me to manilla
Location: ELO

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by MoonRaven »

The fifth one... It fits his hair without making the hair blend in.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by SuperAj3 »

By 'fifth' do you mean the bottom row, middle one with the green? If so it's 2 votes for that XD
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by TheDoctor »

I'm gonna say bottom left.
Image
MoonRaven
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm
Custom Title: Red string of fate tied me to manilla
Location: ELO

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by MoonRaven »

yeah, the green one.
Mileswright
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 am
Custom Title: Daniel Muzai

Re: SuperAj3's (AKA Mijumaru's) Sprites!

Post by Mileswright »

Top left one looks best to me, (blue jacket one)
Image
Post Reply