Most annoying/hated character?

Trip! Talk about stuff Boosted off of Cing's Hotel Dusk, AND Pirate Grandmas.
Dark Maylee
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:35 am
Custom Title: LOLWHUT.
Location: Trinidad and Tobago

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Dark Maylee »

While I didn't hate anyone, there were two people who bothered me a little. The first is Martin Summers. Even in the end, I couldn't forgive him for what he did. I felt absolutely no connection with him. I even felt sorry for Jeff even though he was such a brat. The thing about Jeff is that he's still immature and still a child so even though his mistakes were stupid, I didn't mind his character.

The second character that bothered me was Mila. I thought she was too much of the classic mysterious girl. There was nothing new in her, in a sense. The whole
Spoiler:
possible 'Kyle/Mila' potential relationship depending on how what ending you got
was mildly disturbing. She still had the mind of a 9 year old child!
"Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers." - Stephen Fry.
User avatar
pigeonoodle
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 pm
Location: North

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by pigeonoodle »

Jeff. Hands down DX he almost got me into like 3 game overs
Spoiler:
with his $200 cash "loss"
Blobulator
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:09 am
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Location: NSW, Australia

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Blobulator »

I'd have to say Jeff. They pretty much revealed everything about him too early on and then he doesn't pop up at all until the final goodbyes. Just seemed a bit pointless. That, and he was so damn whiney.
Kefka Palazzo
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:19 pm

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Kefka Palazzo »

Hrmm... That would be Jeff or Kevin, I guess.

Summer was annoying, but I loved Hyde's sarcastic comments about him.
Sunshine.Malon
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Custom Title: Hai XD
Location: Dublin, Virginia

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Sunshine.Malon »

Summer got on my nerves a lot , But it's a tie between him and Jeff .
User avatar
lover of AA
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm
Custom Title: cough-up-queen
Location: in shubiya ^-^

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by lover of AA »

i'd say without thinking M E L I S S A she is sooooooooooooooooooo annoying :zenitora:
and so are for reeking of that awful smell !!!
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Marche Tobaye »

I hated Melissa at the beginning. I loved her at the end of ... I dunno, chapter 3. Summer is very annoying, but that's what's so fun about him - he's this game's Oldbag. He trolled us all until the very end. Yup, that's right. The other characters' comments about him are hilarious, too - especially Hyde's.

I'd still say Jeff. I got many Game Overs thanks to him, and I hate whiners like that. His backstory didn't have much to do with the game's plot either.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Tuxy
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:12 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Tuxy »

I HATE DUNNING! He's fat, he's stupid and he bought a hotel!
User avatar
ilyedgey
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:32 am
Custom Title: Thats a stepladder...
Location: Dorset, England

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by ilyedgey »

Martin Summer... now thats a guy with problems..I felt dizzy after talking to him :sadshoe:
Dunning annoyed me..at times...
But I love them all really! :godot:
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by ashogo »

Every character I hated at one point I could empathize with by the end of the game, which is one of the great points of Hotel dusk; it's exploration of every character's motives (though that could also be considered a negative, since it serves as a dragnet for the main plot).
I still think that Summers is a selfish bastard, but at least he's repenting.
VictorEdgeworth
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION! BOTH ATTORNEYS ARE AWESOME!

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by VictorEdgeworth »

MelissaxJeff.

Two whiny, selfish brats. Match made in heaven if you forget about the pedophilia thing.

Also, Louis was an idiot until he got a surprising amount of character development when the bar opened.

In response to all the Summer hate, I like him. I find his story rather interesting, though I admit he's a greedy dickhead for what he did.
Capybara
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
Location: There.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Capybara »

TuxGamer wrote:I HATE DUNNING! He's fat, he's stupid and he bought a hotel!


Damn hotel owners.

I might be alone in hating Racheal. She irked me a lot. I was like: "OK, let's go find some stuff out!" and then Racheal calls, says something useless and spends five minutes doing it. Anyone notice she once called to tell you nothing? *Can't remember exactly when*
I would pray it wasn't Racheal when I answered the phone. Pray.

Also this is a major bump.
Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Meowbjection
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
Location: Over the Rainbow

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Meowbjection »

hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia :larry:
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag! :maggy:
Image
LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->Image
Capybara
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
Location: There.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Capybara »

Meowbjection wrote:hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia :larry:
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag! :maggy:


Wrong section?

Who's Canada?
Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Meowbjection
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
Location: Over the Rainbow

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Meowbjection »

Capybara wrote:
Meowbjection wrote:hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia :larry:
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag! :maggy:


Wrong section?

Who's Canada?


you know, Canada? country.
the flagImage
RED and WHITE :redd:
Image
LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->Image
Capybara
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
Location: There.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Capybara »

Meowbjection wrote:
Capybara wrote:
Meowbjection wrote:hmmmm....probably Redd White because of what he did to Mia :larry:
his name is also an embarassment to the canadian flag! :maggy:


Wrong section?

Who's Canada?


you know, Canada? country.
the flagImage
RED and WHITE :redd:


... Ummm... Who?
Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Meowbjection
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
Location: Over the Rainbow

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Meowbjection »

... Ummm... Who?[/quote]

Oh, I thought you were talking about the flag :sadshoe:
Spoiler:
Redd White Murders Mia Fey in the second case of Ace Attorney, he's that guy -> :redd:
Image
LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->Image
Capybara
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 662
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm
Custom Title: Chief Oldbagger
Location: There.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Capybara »

Meowbjection wrote:Oh, I thought you were talking about the flag :sadshoe:
Spoiler:
Redd White Murders Mia Fey in the second case of Ace Attorney, he's that guy -> :redd:


I thought you would've got the reference with the Hetalia signature and all.

And this is in the wrong section. This isn't for Phoenix Wright discussion.
Image
Credits to Nadindi for both the avvie and sig!

Two week break!
Meowbjection
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 am
Custom Title: Ivan is watching you...
Location: Over the Rainbow

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Meowbjection »

Oops :payne:
Image
LOOK! Ish Dr.Stiles!->Image
FlameInferno
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 am
Custom Title: This is my Path, my Dream, my Choice
Location: Up North

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by FlameInferno »

Jeff...man, I absolutely hated that guy! There were so many times I wanted to punch him in the face!
Image

**Special Thanks to Dekuran for the Awesome Siggy and Nadindi for the Cool Avatar!**
rydus65
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:42 pm
Custom Title: Just a random passerby
Location: Hyrule

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by rydus65 »

Jeff Angel. He broke into Kyle's room and hid his cash in his toilet. Then he had the nerve to say he wasn't trying to frame him. Yeah right.

Kevin Woodworth- "Dad of the year" indeed. What a Jerk.

Martin Summer- Dude just got on my nerves after awhile.
blinq
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Custom Title: lol boobs.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by blinq »

MARTIN SUMMER
Gosh he just didn't shut the fuck up!
I had the feeling he was the character you had the most conversations with
Spoiler: just in case
-the package thingy
-the bookmark
-the autograph
-asking him what kind fo whine he had
- confronting him about the notebook + alan
-the pen
- he also tells you about the robbery
- you meet him in the bar (damn he's so stupid -.-)
- THE LETTER AT THE END
- and I probably forgot some points


seriously what.the.fuck. :yogi:
Image

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor
ObjectionEarthbound
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm
Custom Title: derp
Location: behind you

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by ObjectionEarthbound »

1- Kevin Woodward
2-Iris
3-Summer
4-Jeff

Kevin was an ass I swear.
Spoiler:
Especially when he was drunk...

Iris was being all princessy which kinda pissed me off but at least she was better when she talked about
Spoiler:
the letter from grace

Summer was just annoying.
Jeff was a punk. "Nuff said.
ObjectionEarthbound
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:19 pm
Custom Title: derp
Location: behind you

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by ObjectionEarthbound »

MLE wrote:Jeff. Hands down DX he almost got me into like 3 game overs
Spoiler:
with his $200 cash "loss"

Yeah, he was a punk. I was really really happy when he confessed.

BTW I like your sig :maya: I just love TWEWY
User avatar
shadowofedgeworth
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am
Custom Title: Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by shadowofedgeworth »

Iris really got on my nerves with her whole "Ooh, I'm the princess, if everything doesn't go my way I'll complain about it!" attitude, so I didn't even care whenever she tried flirting with Kyle.

Jeff was quite obnoxious too, but I warmed up to him by the end. In fact, I liked all the characters pretty well by the end of the game, as others have said.
Image
Totally not my sig...
PhoenixFan1986
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:55 am
Custom Title: Ace Attorney

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by PhoenixFan1986 »

Martin Summer. Yeesh that guy was annoying! He talked for like 20 minutes about that stupid package to Kyle when all they had to do was switch packages! I was like, "Good Lord, shut up and just give him the dang package!!!" But I have to admit, if he wasn't in the game, we'd have missed out on all the funny stuff Kyle had to say about him.
RenaDeles
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:30 am
Custom Title: Powers and Kyouya fangirl #69
Location: From the Hartland

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by RenaDeles »

Iris at first set of HECKNO bells for me at first, I totaaally had her penned wrong so er, I did not mind being rude to her while I felt bad for being a jerk to a little girl. I thought she would be some sleezy reporter, but I really liked her by the time we actually got to know her.

Having finished the game, Summer is my least favorite, didn't hate him but I wasn't that fond of him. Oh, wait! I can totally hate on Mila's dad and Jeff's dad, they both seemed like sleezeballs. Grace had reason if she did the wrong thing, Robert on the other hand stared into the heart of darkness then decided to elope with it >>
Why yes, my fandom does has eight year olds who support BDSM
HolyShogunate
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by HolyShogunate »

Mila. 'Nough said.

She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.

S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Midnight Jasper »

HolyShogunate wrote:Mila. 'Nough said.

She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.

S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.


I agree with you, but wait what? Bradley knew that Mila wasn't his sister... :mila:
Image
Dylia
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am
Custom Title: Wherever you go, I will be there.
Location: Tachibana Dynasty, Koga

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Dylia »

Kyle Hyd-- *shot*
Image
Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese
HolyShogunate
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by HolyShogunate »

Midnight Jasper wrote:
HolyShogunate wrote:Mila. 'Nough said.

She's so cute, so sweet, so innocent, and I so wish she would have taken a powder by the end of the game. Sadly, my wish did not come true. Instead, I have to be treated to her inept "cuteness" even a second time round. Sigh.

S' all okay, though. Kyle will take care of her soon enough, just you wait. Plus, when Bradley comes and realizes she's not really his sister he's gonna be reallly maddddd.


I agree with you, but wait what? Bradley knew that Mila wasn't his sister... :mila:


Yeah, but that ho is shacked up wit his man, yo. He gonna be, like, hella mad, ya dig?!
Essa_L_M.E
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 am
Custom Title: What the Devil is going on here?
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Essa_L_M.E »

Definetly Martin, but there was one line with him in the whole game the made me laugh. The bit where he's in the bathroom.

Kyle: Got a minute?
Martin: M-Mr HYDE! Have you no decency? I'm in the Bathroom!!

And I didnt like Louis at the beginning. I loved him by the end though. He really steped up to the bar.
~
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Marche Tobaye »

^ Kyle's snarky comments about Summer made me lol.

Spoiler: examples
"You seem to know a lot about Ms. Lee, did you steal her biography?"

"Hey, Summer. Don't you have a book to plagiarize?"

"What did he do, swallow a dictionary?"

"The letter from Summer... I hope I don't fall asleep."

"I'd like to deduce my fist to your face. I bet that'd shut you up."

"Oh, it's Summer. I bet he wants a piece of my cake."
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Pandonetho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Pandonetho »

Who?


He means Dr. wood Word.

was mildly disturbing. She still had the mind of a 9 year old child!


I think you're reading into it wrong. I couldn't see any relationship forming out of it. Not any romantic ones anyway. She's 19, he's like what, 33? I would see him more as a fatherly figure, although he would be reluctant to admit it himself.

with his $200 cash "loss"


It was actually $20 000.

As for my least favourite, I would have to say Martin Summer. That guy was just an annoying talker lol.
Image
Menno
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Save poor Gumshoe!
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Menno »

Martin Summmer, talks to much, especially about the package.
"The only time a lawyer can cry, is when it's all over" ~ Godot.
italliansounds
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 am
Custom Title: Total trip man.

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by italliansounds »

I love Jeff, he seems so hated. D:
On topic:
Probably Summer. He talks SOOO much. BUT, I don't hate or dislike any character.
I do like Dunning, but if were talking most annoying people in the game because of what they do, DUNNING.

Spoiler:
He is such a dick in the last chapter. Trying to kill Kyle and Louie. >:U
I love me some Jeff Damon. 8D
Image
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Marche Tobaye »

italliansounds wrote:I love Jeff, he seems so hated. D:
On topic:
Probably Summer. He talks SOOO much. BUT, I don't hate or dislike any character.
I do like Dunning, but if were talking most annoying people in the game because of what they do, DUNNING.

Spoiler:
He is such a dick in the last chapter. Trying to kill Kyle and Louie. >:U

Spoiler: Chapter 10 spoilers
He wasn't trying to kill them, he just didn't want them to find the secret stairs. He had a pretty good reason for not wanting them to do so, what with his daughter being held hostage and all.

As for the fact that he locked the airtight door, I don't think he knew Kyle was in there since it's never mentioned again after that.
Last edited by Marche Tobaye on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Javadoze
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Under your nose
Contact:

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Javadoze »

Obviously Jeff takes the cake and eats it for the most annoying character, just because the fact that he has the nerve to stand at his doorway while you don't notice him and walk into room 217 at the beginning of Chapter 4 you get a game over.

And that confrontation was TEH PA1NZ!

WAAAAAH THAT ISN'T MAH MONEHS!

*WIMPERZ* GETZ THAT GUN AWAY FROM MEEEEEE! *EMO EMO*

MY NAME IS DAMON YOU HEAR DA*cough*ANGEL! YEAH MY NAME IS ANGEL, NOT DAMON!
Image
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
Vaati
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:27 am
Custom Title: Derp

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Vaati »

Louie and Jeff.

Louie reminded me of Larry (PH) at the very start of the game. I started to like him at the ending of the game.
Jeff. At first i liked him, then i heard your story and i was like "gtfo this hotel you crybaby D:<"
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: Most annoying/hated character?

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

Three years later and Summer still grinds my gears the most, although it's less because of his actions and more because of his loquaciousness and liberal use of fancy rhetoric and vocabulary to inflate his speech and sound more intellectual than he is.
Image
Post Reply